Avata2 unstable when rolling and yawing in manual and other bugs
165 6 4-29 10:51
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Ed5QVL1bUTAl
lvl.1
Italy

Happened already different times in manual mode, i have also a video i don't want to be public but dji could indicate me where to post.

First bug: the drone lands with small collision, i set the throttle stick to the minimum and the drone accelerates at maximum speed. I had to shut off motors quickly. And it is strange, other times it didn't happen.

Second bug: you flight normally, and when you want to turn left or right using yaw and roll together, the drones rotates suddenly 90 degrees losing altitude and then recovers 1 second later. You can also hear spinning motors faster during recovery. Always in manual mode.

I think there is something strange on firmware side or on imu itself.

I have a dji care and i would like a free replacement from dji after a recent small crash and i'm pretty sure it's not my fault. I don't want to use a replacement slot in my dji care.

Moreover, i spoke with dji customer support using chat and it was useless. Firstly he asked me to create a repair ticket submitting video and information. After, he said to cancel the request if i didn't want to send the unit for repair. What i asked was a channel to send the video to dji to allow them to evaluate before sending the unit.

Can anyone help here? Did you have any similar issue?

4-29 10:51
Use props
djiuser_Ed5QVL1bUTAl
lvl.1
Italy

Another video of similar issue. Yes it could be a limit of cinewoops but this should be fixable in software. Otherwise with a 3 inch you can never fly close to objects

4-29 11:03
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience. May I ask if the drone is damaged? Could you please tell us your case number or relevant number to check more details?
4-29 19:06
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 959892 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Re: "first bug" - do you mean when you try to land in manual mode, the drone instantly bounces off when you tap the ground? That's normal, if you don't know how to land in manual, you can always just hit pause when close to ground, then hold the throttle down to auto-land.

Re: "second bug" - you acknowledge in your follow up post that this might be a limit of cinewhoops, but then immediately proceed saying it should be fixable in software. I'm afraid that's not how hardware limits and software work When flying in manual, it's your job to be aware of drone's capabilities. I suggest going a bit higher up and practicing.

Also, there's no need to replace an FPV drone after a small crash if there's nothing broken and no errors appeared under status.
4-29 19:15
Use props
djiuser_Ed5QVL1bUTAl
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-29 19:06
Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience. May I ask if the drone is damaged? Could you please tell us your case number or relevant number to check more details?

Yes drone damaged. The plastic on top damaged and one propeller damaged. I opened a repair but i don’t want to send if dji doesn’t repair for free even if i have a dji care because this is not an operator fault but a design fault.
Case CAS-16447431-J6P9B6
4-30 18:21
Use props
djiuser_Ed5QVL1bUTAl
lvl.1
Italy

fichek Posted at 4-29 19:15
Re: "first bug" - do you mean when you try to land in manual mode, the drone instantly bounces off when you tap the ground? That's normal, if you don't know how to land in manual, you can always just hit pause when close to ground, then hold the throttle down to auto-land.

Re: "second bug" - you acknowledge in your follow up post that this might be a limit of cinewhoops, but then immediately proceed saying it should be fixable in software. I'm afraid that's not how hardware limits and software work  When flying in manual, it's your job to be aware of drone's capabilities. I suggest going a bit higher up and practicing.

First bug i mean, you land and even with throttle all down the motors still accellerate.

Second bug: it’s a design fault, non an operator fault. The fpv experience is limited with this behaviour and it seems has never been fixed from avata1. Even more you can’t replicate it always but it is random during normal flight.
4-30 18:25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_Ed5QVL1bUTAl Posted at 4-30 18:21
Yes drone damaged. The plastic on top damaged and one propeller damaged. I opened a repair but i don’t want to send if dji doesn’t repair for free even if i have a dji care because this is not an operator fault but a design fault.
Case CAS-16447431-J6P9B6

If the drone is damaged, we recommend you send it back for diagnosis first. If there is a doubt about the accident, data analysis can also be applied as long as the drone is within the warranty period. If the accident is caused by a manufacturing issue, we will provide warranty service within the warranty period.
5-1 02:36
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules