New DJI Mini 4K Firmware Released (04/29/2024)
1905 23 4-29 23:55
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview
  • Date: 2024.04.29
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.07.0400
  • DJI RC-N1C Remote Controller Firmware: v01.00.0100
  • DJI Fly App iOS: v1.13.1
  • DJI Fly App Android: v1.13.1

What’s New
  • Added support for Remote ID requirements of some countries and regions.
  • Fixed some known issues.

Notes:
  • If update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series), and retry.

4-29 23:55
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 959892 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

When is this drone gonna be available on DJI online store?
4-30 03:34
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fichek Posted at 4-30 03:34
When is this drone gonna be available on DJI online store?

Hi, fichek. Thank you for your interest in the DJI Mini 4K. This product is currently not available on the DJI Store. If you are interested in purchasing it, you can inquire about it and make a purchase through Amazon US and Amazon EU. Towards the end of April, the product will be purchasable on Amazon US and Amazon EU. Additionally, by mid-May, it will also be accessible for purchase through authorized retail stores in the US. Thank you for your attention and support.
4-30 23:57
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 300837 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is Mini 4K RID compliant in USA?
5-1 12:42
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

BobWinNV Posted at 5-1 12:42

Excuse my overseas ignorance, but isn't the whole point of sub-250g in US not needing RID?
5-2 18:26
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

fichek Posted at 5-2 18:26
Excuse my overseas ignorance, but isn't the whole point of sub-250g in US not needing RID?

No
If you fly it under part 107 rules you need RID regardless of weight.
5-2 19:48
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

BobWinNV Posted at 5-2 19:48
No
If you fly it under part 107 rules you need RID regardless of weight.

Ah I see. In that case, it looks like the answer is no, since according to the FCC filing the only changes in Mini 4K vs Mini 2 SE are new 4K camera module and new part numbers (with same functionality) for 2.4 and 5.8 wireless chips: https://fccid.io/SS3-MT2SD22/Letter/C2PC-Letter-7211456.pdf
5-2 20:08
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

fichek Posted at 5-2 20:08
Ah I see. In that case, it looks like the answer is no, since according to the FCC filing the only changes in Mini 4K vs Mini 2 SE are new 4K camera module and new part numbers (with same functionality) for 2.4 and 5.8 wireless chips: https://fccid.io/SS3-MT2SD22/Letter/C2PC-Letter-7211456.pdf

Not necessarily as the FCC filing is for RF transmissions (frequencies, power, modulations,, etc.).  I think that the RID (a FAA requirement) is not modifying anything covered by the FCC.
Anyway DJI said  that the last firmware release turned on RID for some countries I was just wanting to know if the USA is one of those countries.
5-2 22:39
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

BobWinNV Posted at 5-2 22:39
Not necessarily as the FCC filing is for RF transmissions (frequencies, power, modulations,, etc.).  I think that the RID (a FAA requirement) is not modifying anything covered by the FCC.
Anyway DJI said  that the last firmware release turned on RID for some countries I was just wanting to know if the USA is one of those countries.

Yeah what I meant was if Mini 2 SE doesn’t support it, hw is the same on “Mini 4K”, fw update doesn’t mention it, and DJI Support documents say Mini series lower than 3 don’t do RiD, then it’s safer to assume it isn’t there.
5-2 23:40
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

BobWinNV Posted at 5-1 12:42

Hello, BobWinNV. Thank you for reaching out. This drone is not provided with the RID function. To fly with compliance, you can fly within FRIAs or acquire a third-party RID module on the FAA DOC audit list and then retrofit it to your drone.
5-3 00:26
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-3 00:26
Hello, BobWinNV. Thank you for reaching out. This drone is not provided with the RID function. To fly with compliance, you can fly within FRIAs or acquire a third-party RID module on the FAA DOC audit list and then retrofit it to your drone.
Does this mean that we will be seeing a lot of USA based YouTube Mini 4K reviewers fined by the FAA in the near future for breaking part 107 rules with their YouTube reviews of the Mini 4K?
5-3 05:21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

BobWinNV Posted at 5-3 05:21
Does this mean that we will be seeing a lot of USA based YouTube Mini 4K reviewers fined by the FAA in the near future for breaking part 107 rules with their YouTube reviews of the Mini 4K?

Hi, BobWinNV. For this, you may go to this link or contact the FAA for their procedure.
5-6 22:36
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-6 22:36
Hi, BobWinNV. For this, you may go to this link or contact the FAA for their procedure.

The FAA says that I may not fly this drone under part 107 unless I add a RID system. So I may not use video shot with the Mini 4K on YouTube in the USA unless I modify the Mini 4K to transmit RID and I register the Mini 4K as a Part 107 drone.
5-7 17:41
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

BobWinNV Posted at 5-7 17:41
The FAA says that I may not fly this drone under part 107 unless I add a RID system. So I may not use video shot with the Mini 4K on YouTube in the USA unless I modify the Mini 4K to transmit RID and I register the Mini 4K as a Part 107 drone.

Hi there. Yes, as mentioned above, to be able to fly with compliance, you can fly within FRIAs or acquire a third-party RID module on the FAA DOC audit list and then retrofit it to your drone. You may also contact the FAA for further checking/assistance.
5-8 07:31
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-8 07:31
Hi there. Yes, as mentioned above, to be able to fly with compliance, you can fly within FRIAs or acquire a third-party RID module on the FAA DOC audit list and then retrofit it to your drone. You may also contact the FAA for further checking/assistance.

Yes, you can fly recreationally in a FRIA but video captured can not be used for commercial purposes (YouTube).
5-8 11:04
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

BobWinNV Posted at 5-8 11:04
Yes, you can fly recreationally in a FRIA but video captured can not be used for commercial purposes (YouTube).

Hi there. For commercial purposes, we highly suggest installing a third-party RID module. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
5-10 06:46
Use props
StarBuks
New
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-10 06:46
Hi there. For commercial purposes, we highly suggest installing a third-party RID module. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.

In the SUPPORT section of DJI we find this information:

(SEARCH FOR THIS: "17. How do DJI Mini series users comply with the Remote ID rule?")

• DJI Mini 4 Pro & Mini 3: These aircraft support the FAA Remote ID functionality. However, for the latest aircraft firmware (v01.00.03.00 for Mini 4 Pro and v01.00.04.10 for Mini 3), the Remote ID will only be activated when the Intelligent Flight Battery Plus is used.

So it appears that for RID to be enabled it must be flying the larger battery.
This will automatically put you in a higher weight class in the USA.(I wish this was the behavior of the Mini 3 PRO)

DJI : Please confirm this - there appears to be discrepant information here.

5-10 08:25
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

I was talking about the Mini 4K which does not have a larger battery.
5-10 16:11
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

I was talking about the Mini 4K which does not have a larger battery.
5-10 16:11
Use props
EmilP
New

Finland

Where I can download firmware?
5-12 14:15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

StarBuks Posted at 5-10 08:25
In the SUPPORT section of DJI we find this information:

(SEARCH FOR THIS: "17. How do DJI Mini series users comply with the Remote ID rule?")

Hi there. Are you referring to this website? If yes, rest assured that the information is correct and please note that BobWinNV is referring to the new release drone which is the Mini 4K. Hope this answers your question.
5-13 06:35
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

EmilP Posted at 5-12 14:15
Where I can download firmware?

Hi, EmilP. Thank you for reaching out. The firnware update should be automatically detected once you connect the drone to DJI Fly (with internet access). If it fails to do so, you may also use the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) to update the drone via PC.
5-13 06:44
Use props
djiuser_3LQ5P0ZDoeT8
lvl.3

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-3 00:26
Hello, BobWinNV. Thank you for reaching out. This drone is not provided with the RID function. To fly with compliance, you can fly within FRIAs or acquire a third-party RID module on the FAA DOC audit list and then retrofit it to your drone.

I'm curious, you say the Mini 4K is not provided with RID function, yet the first post at the top of this thread is a firmware release notification stating they've "added support for Remote ID requirements".  So there's support for RID, but no actual RID?
5-15 08:43
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_3LQ5P0ZDoeT8 Posted at 5-15 08:43
I'm curious, you say the Mini 4K is not provided with RID function, yet the first post at the top of this thread is a firmware release notification stating they've "added support for Remote ID requirements".  So there's support for RID, but no actual RID?

Hi, djiuser_3LQ5P0ZDoeT8. Thank you for reaching out. The added support for Remote ID requirements of the v01.07.0400 firmware version is for some countries and regions only such as Japan and China for example. The RID in North America is not supported via firmware thus, it is required for a third-party RID module.
5-15 23:37
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules