Zoom In/Out vs Adjust Focal Length
144 6 5-2 07:03
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MRomine
Second Officer
Flight distance : 850971 ft
United States

Is there a DJI manual dedicated to operating the Camera on the Mavic 3 Pro? I'd like to know more about the differences between the settings in the RC Pro for: Zoom In/Out vs Focal Length settings.

Thank you
5-2 07:03
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I don't think there is a manual to explain it. It's just digital and optical zoom.

Zoom in/out is digital zoom and pretty useless for anything professional. The three focal options you have are optical zoom and will retain full quality when using these.

If you care about image quality, don't use the zoom to adjust focal length, just stick to the optical zoom and switch between the three.
5-2 07:40
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

Each camera has a fixed focal length. There is NO optical zoom, only digital.
5-2 08:22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

CloudVisual Posted at 5-2 07:40
I don't think there is a manual to explain it. It's just digital and optical zoom.

Zoom in/out is digital zoom and pretty useless for anything professional. The three focal options you have are optical zoom and will retain full quality when using these.

It's just digital and optical zoom.
The three focal options you have are optical zoom and will retain full quality when using these.
just stick to the optical zoom and switch between the three.

There is no optical zoom.
None at all, zilch, nada, nix, nyet.
There is no optical zoom.

5-2 13:55
Use props
MRomine
Second Officer
Flight distance : 850971 ft
United States

So, many more questions. I don't know if you can help or not.

When using the RC Pro (and maybe it is this way on the regular RC too I don't know) the 1x, 3x and 7x that you can manually tap and select, is that selecting the camera fixed at either 24, 70 or 166 mm or is that selecting the zoom? Whichever one that is selecting either the camera or the zoom, how do you select the other option?

I know that in the Button customization you can assign either the 'Zoom in/out' option or you can assign the 'Adjust Focal Length' option to a button of your choice. Is that the only way that you can switch between the Zoom vs Camera Focal Length?
5-2 16:38
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 5-2 13:55
It's just digital and optical zoom.
The three focal options you have are optical zoom and will retain full quality when using these.
just stick to the optical zoom and switch between the three.

My mistake, optical would have sufficed. Got carried away with my wording.
5-3 02:11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, MRomine. Thank you for reaching out. There is currently no relevant manual. The DJI RC PRO supports setting custom function buttons for C1, C2, and C3. You can check the specific functions in the DJI Fly App. Zoom can be controlled via the zoom wheel in the upper right corner of the remote control.
5-3 05:57
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules