Mic2 Camera Adapter - Sony ZV-E1 compatible?
142 2 5-2 09:54
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Emacs42
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8520 ft
Germany

Hi there,

I have a DJI MIC2 set and have ordered the new camera adapter for Sony cameras to interface with the digital hotshoe interface.
After updating the MICs and the Receiver to v04.04.05.13 I've tested the adapter on my main camera for video: a Sony ZV-E1.
No luck. After countless attempts the Receiver and the camera do not talk to each other at all.
The ZV-E1 connects just fine to my BCM-E1 microphone in the same hotshow.

I was fairly certain I got a faulty adapter, but I gave it a try with my other Sony, a A9 Mk2.
On the A9 the connection worked flawlessly!

Question: is there something special with the Sony ZV-E1 which makes it not compatible with the new adapter?

I thought the audio interface on those inteligent Sony hotshoes is pretty much the same for all Sony cameras.
Seems I was wrong.

Cheers !

5-2 09:54
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there.  Sorry for the inconvenience. The Sony ZV-E1 should be compatible with the DJI MIC 2 camera adapter according to the list:
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ility%20List.EN.pdf
To better troubleshoot the issue for you, can we have a video to watch your issue?
5-5 01:57
Use props
Emacs42
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8520 ft
Germany

Hi Wanda,

I figured it out.
My ZV-E1 is in a pretty small and lightweight cage by Smallrig.
The Smallrig cage allows access to the ZV-E1's hotshoe and the sony ECM B1M microphone with its small base fits in just fine.
But the MIC2 camera adapter has a bigger base and it collides with the cage, preventing it from connecting fully.
It's not much. Maybe 2/3 of a millimetre, but enough to prevent a connection of the contacts between adapter and hotshoe.

Best regards,

Emacs
5-6 08:00
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules