1657 15 4-20 11:28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I see that you can pair your mini 4 Pro or Air 3 with the Goggles and fly them with either the Motion Controller 3 or the DJI RC2.

This seems to suggest that you should be able to fly the Avata 2 with the DJI RC 2. Is this the case or do we think this will happen in the future
4-20 11:28
Use props
nightfly
lvl.4

Romania

it may happen in the future, thats a early reviewer saidor i may be wrong and he said the other way around, that you can fly the avata 1 with the rc3
if i will find it i will update it here
anyway its just a rumor

4-20 12:31
Use props
nightfly
lvl.4

Romania

its here at 15.00 min

he said that with the goggles 2 and mc2 and rc2 you will may fly avata 2
4-20 12:49
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

nightfly Posted at 4-20 12:49
its here at 15.00 min

I think it's pretty reasonable to guess the new Avata 2 will eventually work with the MC2 and the FPV RC and the Goggles2/Integra so you don't have to buy the MC3 or Goggles3.  Perhaps this is why the Avata Only drone for sale is a thing.

Whether MC3 or FPV RC3 goes back and works with old Avata 1, I dunno but doubt it.

As for the RC2 which is the screen remote controller, doubt those will officially work with any of the DJI FPV series drones.  I dont' get it, the obsession with RC2 but I don't have one so I guess I wouldn't understand it.
Potato said "previous" version of the controller he was holding, he didn't say RC2.
4-20 12:57
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 959892 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

nightfly Posted at 4-20 12:49
its here at 15.00 min

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyr9KYtEwlI

RC2 as in DJI FPV Remote Controller 2, not RC2 as the one with the screen that comes with some Mavics
4-20 12:58
Use props
nightfly
lvl.4

Romania

fichek Posted at 4-20 12:58
RC2 as in DJI FPV Remote Controller 2, not RC2 as the one with the screen that comes with some Mavics

you want to show how smart you are but you didnt show it this time
of course its about fpv rc2, the mavic rcs were not compatible with any fpv drone
4-20 13:19
Use props
nightfly
lvl.4

Romania

The Saint Posted at 4-20 12:57
I think it's pretty reasonable to guess the new Avata 2 will eventually work with the MC2 and the FPV RC and the Goggles2/Integra so you don't have to buy the MC3 or Goggles3.  Perhaps this is why the Avata Only drone for sale is a thing.

Whether MC3 or FPV RC3 goes back and works with old Avata 1, I dunno but doubt it.

read my above post, its for you too
4-20 13:26
Use props
dsizer89
lvl.1
United States

so is it possible to use the rc3 as of now. i just got the avata 2 and going to get the mini pro 4 soon
4-20 15:20
Use props
nightfly
lvl.4

Romania

dsizer89 Posted at 4-20 15:20
so is it possible to use the rc3 as of now. i just got the avata 2 and going to get the mini pro 4 soon

you can use rc3 with avata 2 only
you can use mc3 for mini4p
4-20 17:06
Use props
dsizer89
lvl.1
United States

nightfly Posted at 4-20 17:06
you can use rc3 with avata 2 only
you can use mc3 for mini4p

thanks good to know
4-20 17:19
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You lot are confusing things. It is important to get the names of things right. In the OP I was asking about the DJI RC 2 which is this one

IMG_3745.jpeg
4-20 21:13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Currently, the DJI Avata 2 is only compatible with either DJI RC Motion 3 or DJI FPV Remote Controller 3. Other remote controllers are not supported. Rest assured that we will gather this suggestion and forward it to our relevant team. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us.
4-20 21:59
Use props
djiuser_2qYlVcXqJcmZ
lvl.2

Germany

In the quick start guide for the avata 2, the process of connecting to the Goggles 2 is outlined. We are hopeful that this will also be applicable for the FPV RC2.
4-20 22:40
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

DJI not really care for what community/people want. it's a bussines for them, so only sale of new set matters now :/
don't expect them to work it out @ start, in their minds it's good sale strategy - to sell only full sets, also sets where u are forced to buy magic stick, even if u do NOT want it....

IMHO it's a bad calculation, as if they would put a support for other controllers and older goggles from start - more people would be interested to buy like pure avata2 and use it with devices they already have. and speaking with pilots i know, it's a common thing not to switch now.

For me there is no point to jump into avata2 train now, don't need another googles, dont need another magic stick, dont need another remote. got both one from Your post (wiith screen) and one compatibile with avata1/fpv. got plenty of older goggles which work, so don't need another pair with NO real backwards compatibility atm. So no rush, can live without it, and if they deliver backward compatibility then I'll try. if not - there are other options so won't cry ;)
4-21 03:40
Use props
nightfly
lvl.4

Romania

Bigplumbs Posted at 4-20 21:13
You lot are confusing things. It is important to get the names of things right. In the OP I was asking about the DJI RC 2 which is this one

sorry, you beat me with your out of box thinking
i havent see that kind of question coming
4-21 04:10
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 959892 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

nightfly Posted at 4-20 13:19
you want to show how smart you are but you didnt show it this time
of course its about fpv rc2, the mavic rcs were not compatible with any fpv drone

As OP said, they were asking about RC2. not DJI FPV RC2. Which is why I clarified what I did. Nice try.
4-21 06:16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules