DJI Mavic 3E/3T Release Notes (05/22/2024)
1234Next >
20139 142 2023-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JonPak
lvl.2

Lithuania

djiuser_q6AtKSNVPThD Posted at 9-13 18:43
Now my drone dosen't show the oblique mission set up option.. what now. I have a mapping mission tomorrow!  It used to be there

Click on Area Route and then choose 3D oblique
2023-9-14
Use props
djiuser_fKiJP9rw1yhb
lvl.1

Canada

I don’t know for sure if this was because of the update. I love the new mapping options mind you. But when I shot in ortho 3d mode and the camera bounced forward, down and backwards my screen on my controller froze up. Never had it happen before??? Plus give us more video settings options!! Thank you
2023-9-15
Use props
GeorgeEV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1608 ft
Greece

Today I flew the M3E with the latest firmware. The pause button stops the mission but it doesn't continue the mission if pressed again. The in-screen button works though.
I was able to take photos after pausing the mission with the in-screen button. Didn't try the physical button though.
Also I didn't apply for the C2 label and now I can't find where I apply for the label. Any thoughts?
2023-9-16
Use props
Divographics
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1125233 ft
  • >>>
Greece

I updated yesterday to the latest firmware and run 2-3 mission to test.

First of all the update looks great and see lots of new options.

I run oblieque missions with RTK with AGL at 30m and Terrain Follow enabled. Also I used smart oblique which is a good addition.

I took the results through Metashape and Reality Capture and the results were great. Excellent quality of data.

My thoughts:

1) Great thing to be able to use smart oblique. makes a lot of difference.
2) Terrain follow is great with RTK.
3) I was able to pause and resume the mission without problem. I did this from the app and not using the button.
4) AGL with DSM terrain didn't work well. The height was way off. I almost hit some trees...
5) I tried RAW but I think it automatically switches to JPG. I used to shoot RAW in the past for some missions... when you need the extra quality and editing of the DNG file. Can't you do that anymore?

I'm going to test few more missions today as well to check if RAW is working or not.  
2023-9-17
Use props
pspec
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2570446 ft
Switzerland

Divographics Posted at 9-17 02:17
I updated yesterday to the latest firmware and run 2-3 mission to test.

First of all the update looks great and see lots of new options.

I can confirm point 4. The height to the ground is often not correct already from the starting point.

Today appeared a new firmware for the RC and drone.
2023-9-20
Use props
Pro88Cro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 320043 ft
Croatia

What do you mean by AGL with DSM didn't work well? Do you mean on ASL (EGM96)?

Also RTK is not mandatory for terrain follow...
2023-9-20
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13631168 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just found another problem with one of the newer updates. Now you can't view your media while a mission is loaded onto the drone. Even if the current mission is paused, it says "can't view media, camera busy". One might ask why you'd want to view during a mission. Since Hyperlapse isn't available it must be done manually. I started a night Hyperlapse and paused the waypoint mission to check if my longer exposure photos were being exposed correctly. Only to find out I had to stop the mission entirely just to check my photos. So if I understand this correctly DJI can stream our photos to the cloud for their real-time mapping during missions. But we can't even view the photos locally during a mission? Unbelievable.
2023-9-24
Use props
djiuser_3RVMUqF6ptMI
lvl.1

United States

Wow I don't know why this was even changed, but the mini-map in the left hand corner zooming super far out every time I switch to the camera view is a horrendous new "feature". Why would you change it from what it was before where it would remain as zoomed in as much as you had it? Does anyone know how to fix this major issue? I've talked to DJI customer support and they said the new update in mid-October will fix this, but I'm essentially grounded until then as my flights rely on following a route - which I can't do if I can't see it when the map zooms out 1000x.
2023-9-27
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_3RVMUqF6ptMI Posted at 9-27 09:50
Wow I don't know why this was even changed, but the mini-map in the left hand corner zooming super far out every time I switch to the camera view is a horrendous new "feature". Why would you change it from what it was before where it would remain as zoomed in as much as you had it? Does anyone know how to fix this major issue? I've talked to DJI customer support and they said the new update in mid-October will fix this, but I'm essentially grounded until then as my flights rely on following a route - which I can't do if I can't see it when the map zooms out 1000x.

It must be a Pilot 2 thing because the same thing happens now on the M350 flying with the RC Plus. Very annoying.
2023-9-27
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21103245 ft
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 3-2 19:38
Am I missing something here? I was pretty pumped about flight planning from a mouse and keyboard.

Is that Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker?  in that picture?
2023-9-28
Use props
dave_pitman
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

GeorgeEV Posted at 9-16 07:13
Today I flew the M3E with the latest firmware. The pause button stops the mission but it doesn't continue the mission if pressed again. The in-screen button works though.
I was able to take photos after pausing the mission with the in-screen button. Didn't try the physical button though.
Also I didn't apply for the C2 label and now I can't find where I apply for the label. Any thoughts?

The pause button on the controller has always been broken in the sense that is will pause, but not cancel pause.  A simple software fix that DJI has not done.
2023-10-21
Use props
pspec
Second Officer
Switzerland

dave_pitman Posted at 10-21 06:00
The pause button on the controller has always been broken in the sense that is will pause, but not cancel pause.  A simple software fix that DJI has not done.

For DJI this is not a software bug, because the two pause buttons do not have the same purpose.
The pause button on the controller is like an emergency stop.
The in-screen button is like a pause button.
2023-10-22
Use props
dave_pitman
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

pspec Posted at 10-22 05:10
For DJI this is not a software bug, because the two pause buttons do not have the same purpose.
The pause button on the controller is like an emergency stop.
The in-screen button is like a pause button.

Then that would be new behavior for DJI.  All past craft have used the logic PAUSE  -  RESUME for the pause button.  Since DJI did not state that they changed the logic for the button, we can only assume that this is a bug in the M3 line.  Not that surprising.
2023-10-22
Use props
pspec
Second Officer
Switzerland

dave_pitman Posted at 10-22 12:49
Then that would be new behavior for DJI.  All past craft have used the logic PAUSE  -  RESUME for the pause button.  Since DJI did not state that they changed the logic for the button, we can only assume that this is a bug in the M3 line.  Not that surprising.

This had explained to me DJI support so, is not my invention. With the physical button, the M3 stops faster and the gimbal tilts slightly forward.
And this is not only since the last firmware so.
2023-10-22
Use props
dave_pitman
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

pspec Posted at 10-22 20:43
This had explained to me DJI support so, is not my invention. With the physical button, the M3 stops faster and the gimbal tilts slightly forward.
And this is not only since the last firmware so.

DJI support will say whatever comes to mind much of the time. I'm sure if you have been around awhile, that is not a surprise.

That doesn't change the fact that the physical Pause button has always worked to PAUSE - RESUME for automated flight on all craft that supported automated flight in the past.  If you have such a craft, go out and test it for yourself.

It worked perfectly as designed and implemented.  Now it doesn't work.  I cannot say if it ever worked on the M3E.  It did not work on the shipping firmware, and it still doesn't work.

As I said above.  A simple software fix is all it would take.
2023-10-23
Use props
pspec
Second Officer
Switzerland

dave_pitman Posted at 10-23 06:46
DJI support will say whatever comes to mind much of the time. I'm sure if you have been around awhile, that is not a surprise.

That doesn't change the fact that the physical Pause button has always worked to PAUSE - RESUME for automated flight on all craft that supported automated flight in the past.  If you have such a craft, go out and test it for yourself.

Unlike you, I've known the M3 Enterprise long enough to know if it ever was.
If you know DJI long enough, you know what was standard yesterday is not so today.

Go out and test the difference between physical and screen pause button.

Good luck waiting for the software fix.
2023-10-23
Use props
dave_pitman
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

pspec Posted at 10-23 21:36
Unlike you, I've known the M3 Enterprise long enough to know if it ever was.
If you know DJI long enough, you know what was standard yesterday is not so today.

I'm not sure why you think it is important whether or not the functionality was broken from release rather that from a firmware update?  I'm simply stating that it is broken compared to the history of the button on DJI craft, right?

Yes, the software pause button works.  The hardware button is much more convenient to use and that is why hardware buttons exist.  There is a software shutter button too.  Are you suggesting DJI remove the ability to use the hardware shutter button?  I don't understand why you guys are happy to let DJI remove existing functionality and seem to defend it ?  Makes no sense.
2023-10-24
Use props
ksunnefer
lvl.1
Poland

Hello thereAfter update, received a flysafe data base failure
Tried to update but it says The latest version.
Does someone know how to fix it?
I am using Mavic 3 Enterprise.
Thanks

2023-10-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

ksunnefer Posted at 10-26 02:13
Hello thereAfter update, received a flysafe data base failure
Tried to update but it says The latest version.
Does someone know how to fix it?

Hi, ksunnefer. Thank you for reaching out. May we ask what is your current Flysafe verion? Is there any error code? Also, did you update the fly safe via the app? We will wait for your reply. Thank you.
2023-10-26
Use props
ksunnefer
lvl.1
Poland

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-26 02:41
Hi, ksunnefer. Thank you for reaching out. May we ask what is your current Flysafe verion? Is there any error code? Also, did you update the fly safe via the app? We will wait for your reply. Thank you.

This doesnt appear as an erroe but caution before the flight

The aircraft safety database version is 01.00.01.29, same for App Static Safety Database
2023-10-26
Use props
GeorgeEV
lvl.4
Greece

You must go outside and let the drone acquire gps signal. Also the remote controller must be connected to the internet.
Then you will be able to update the dynamic safety database.
After that you will not see this message again.
2023-10-26
Use props
ksunnefer
lvl.1
Poland

GeorgeEV Posted at 10-26 07:15
You must go outside and let the drone acquire gps signal. Also the remote controller must be connected to the internet.
Then you will be able to update the dynamic safety database.
After that you will not see this message again.

Was outside. but without internet connection - maybe here is the problem.
Will try to do this.
Thanks!
2023-10-26
Use props
GeorgeEV
lvl.4
Greece

Maybe it is some kind of real-time safety database. I was stunned the other day when I got a message telling me that a manned aircraft was near the flight area!
Another issue I have encountered in the last two flights is that  the position of the RC is not updated instantly when i enter the camera view and it shows the previous flight's rc position on the map. I have to minimize the Pilot 2 app and open it again. Then the RC updates it's position.
I am on the previous firmware, haven't updated to the latest yet.
2023-10-27
Use props
ksunnefer
lvl.1
Poland

Hello people
I am trying to find an info about my problem here and in google but for now its not succesful. Maybe someone has an answer: I am working in project by implementing Mavic 3 Enterprise for security and technical checks on sugar factory and we faced problem with transferring the real time data to the cloud. So basically streaming the flight to the cloud. We found the way to do this but remote controller should be inside the factory when the drone flying outside.
Is it possible to use two remote controllers for Mavic 3 Enterprise: 1 for flying and the second one to connecting with transmitter?
Will be extremely thankful for any info.
Thanks
2023-11-14
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

ksunnefer Posted at 11-14 03:12
Hello people
I am trying to find an info about my problem here and in google but for now its not succesful. Maybe someone has an answer: I am working in project by implementing Mavic 3 Enterprise for security and technical checks on sugar factory and we faced problem with transferring the real time data to the cloud. So basically streaming the flight to the cloud. We found the way to do this but remote controller should be inside the factory when the drone flying outside.
Is it possible to use two remote controllers for Mavic 3 Enterprise: 1 for flying and the second one to connecting with transmitter?

Are you trying to stream only the video feed from the M3E? You just need a decent wifi connection outside the factory. Install an outdoor access point somewhere on the exterior of the building. Ubiquiti makes some really good ones but there are cheaper options as well. Because no, unfortunately the M3E cannot use 2 controllers.  
2023-11-14
Use props
ksunnefer
lvl.1
Poland

Johnnokomis Posted at 11-14 07:23
Are you trying to stream only the video feed from the M3E? You just need a decent wifi connection outside the factory. Install an outdoor access point somewhere on the exterior of the building. Ubiquiti makes some really good ones but there are cheaper options as well. Because no, unfortunately the M3E cannot use 2 controllers.

Thanks for an answer. The problem is that the territory is huge and we will make flights in different places so I am not sure which wi fi point can cover this
2023-11-16
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

I'm just commenting here to bump it back to the top. DJI seems to have forgotten where to correctly post about M3E firmware updates. From the outside looking in, things appear to be getting rough internally at DJI. 2024 is the year of the Dragon and maybe they just started it early. Because with implementing feature request DJI has been draggin' their feet.
2023-12-31
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 2023-12-31 15:11
I'm just commenting here to bump it back to the top. DJI seems to have forgotten where to correctly post about M3E firmware updates. From the outside looking in, things appear to be getting rough internally at DJI. 2024 is the year of the Dragon and maybe they just started it early. Because with implementing feature request DJI has been draggin' their feet.

So happy to see this!  And thank you for pushing them @johnnokomis by giving them plenty of constructive feedback via the forum.  Updating mine shortly!  
4-7 09:03
Use props
Pro88Cro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 320043 ft
Croatia

Has anyone tried the new fw yet? I was flying yesterday and saw that it was out
4-7 21:56
Use props
djiuser_N2ulYW14UoaY
lvl.1

Russia

Hello, after the update the drone does not fly, the error “service is not available in this area” appeared. Please tell me what can be done?
4-8 10:13
Use props
Bryan Fernandez
lvl.1
Peru

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with the new DJI Pilot 2 update. I fly a Mavic 3 Multispectral drone and a Mavic 3 Thermal drone. I have a predefined flight area (kml file)  and the flight route/path use to appear in this predefined area. With this new update, I am not able to see the flight route, just the limits of the area. When I launched the flight mission, as not starting point was set, the drone flew outside this area.

Do you guys know how to solve this problem?

4-8 10:22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Johnnokomis Posted at 2023-12-31 15:11

Thank you for the feedback, Johnnokomis. This thread is now updated with the new firmware update details. Have a safe flight always!
4-8 21:12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Bryan Fernandez Posted at 4-8 10:22
Hi everyone,

I have a problem with the new DJI Pilot 2 update. I fly a Mavic 3 Multispectral drone and a Mavic 3 Thermal drone. I have a predefined flight area (kml file)  and the flight route/path use to appear in this predefined area. With this new update, I am not able to see the flight route, just the limits of the area. When I launched the flight mission, as not starting point was set, the drone flew outside this area.

Hi, Bryan. Thank you for reaching out. Let me forward your concern to our relevant team for further checking. We'll keep you posted.
4-8 21:13
Use props
djiuser_2PusQUKVP0oh
New

Peru

La actualizacion del firmware no me permite desarrollar un ruta de vuelo automatica en un area determinada. El rumbo no puede ser definido debido a que no se muestra en el smart controler
4-9 11:18
Use props
Yordi C
lvl.1

Peru

Hi everyone,

That happens to me too. DJI should provide a solution to this problem
4-9 11:51
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi everyone,

Hi, Bryan. Thank you for patiently waiting. Can you please confirm the following:
1. Whether you are located in the Southern Hemisphere;
2. Does this problem exist in the planning of all area Routes and strip routes?

We'll wait for your reply. Thank you.
4-10 00:06
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Yordi C Posted at 4-9 11:51
That happens to me too. DJI should provide a solution to this problem

Hi, Yordi. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please confirm the details from this post as well: (https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 088&pid=3286786)?
4-10 00:08
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_2PusQUKVP0oh Posted at 4-9 11:18
La actualizacion del firmware no me permite desarrollar un ruta de vuelo automatica en un area determinada. El rumbo no puede ser definido debido a que no se muestra en el smart controler

Hi, djiuser_2PusQUKVP0oh. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to read about this. Can you please confirm which device you have and please provide the aircraft and Remote Controller Firmware versions as well as the DJI Pilot 2 App version? We will wait for your reply. Thank you.
4-10 00:14
Use props
Bryan Fernandez
lvl.1
Peru

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-10 00:06
Hi, Bryan. Thank you for patiently waiting. Can you please confirm the following:
1. Whether you are located in the Southern Hemisphere;
2. Does this problem exist in the planning of all area Routes and strip routes?

Hi DJI Gamora,

1) Yes, I am located in the Southern Hemisphere. Here is the location of the area we are trying to map:  Lon: 71°40'50.43"W, Lat:  13°28'55.39"S

2) Yes, this problem is happening in the planning of all area routes and strip routes.
4-10 02:59
Use props
Yordi C
lvl.1

Peru

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-10 00:08
Hi, Yordi. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please confirm the details from this post as well: (https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=286088&pid=3286786)?

Hi Gamora
1. I am located in Southerm Hemisphere  -11.813966, -77.137206
2. Yes, this problem exist in the planning of all area routes and strip routes.
4-10 06:15
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules