App on phone not connecting to mini 3
5725 6 2023-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fozflies147
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23048 ft
United States

Just  got the Mini 3 with the RC controller and took it out for my first flight, which was great.  However, I can’t get the fly app on my IPhone 13 to connect to the mini 3, and quick transfer doesn’t work.  
When the mini 3 is turned on, and I open the app on the phone, I get no prompt for QT, and it says no aircraft found when I go into the settings.
Do I have to pair it to my phone as well?,there is no flight data in the phone app either.  

I have reset everything and rebooted the devices but nothing works, the drone and rc controller work fine but I can’t get videos off the drone.  

Maybe I’m missing something, thanks for the help.  

2023-6-29
Use props
Simulcop
lvl.2

Colombia

Hi Fozflies147, here are the steps I follow to connect mi iPhone to Mini3 and get the videos through QT. First validation, do you have a memory card in the drone?1. Take off gimbal protector and unfold the arms of the dron.
2. Turn the drone on
3. Wait the drone finish the diagnostic test, usually less than 5 seconds
4. Quickly press the power button on the dron three times, you will see the status leds on the dron start blinking blue quickly
5. Open Fly app on the iPhone, make sure your iPhone has WiFi and Bluetooth enabled
6. Wait for message on the Fly app to connect to the drone

2023-6-29
Use props
Fozflies147
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23048 ft
United States

This worked perfectly, thank you for your help. Much appreciated!!!
2023-6-29
Use props
Simulcop
lvl.2

Colombia

Fozflies147 Posted at 6-29 09:57
This worked perfectly, thank you for your help. Much appreciated!!!

Glad to know it worked
2023-6-29
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What controller do you mean by "with the RC controller a"? If you mean one with a built in screen e,g. "DJI RC" then the flight logs are stored on that controller since it is effectively the drone's screen device.

When controlling the drone the drone connects to the "screen device" via the controller, with the DJI RC they are one and the same thing.
A phone is only needed for control purposes if you use the RC231/RC-N1 controller.
2023-6-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. We're glad that you managed to isolate the issue with the help of our fellow DJI Member, Simulcop. Should you have other concerns, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-6-29
Use props
djiuser_vy3pHpgNCA92
New

Netherlands

Hi,  my iphone13 pro never connected with my new DJI mini 3.  Installed/deinstalled the app a thousand times, even from the cloud, all sorts of steps in different order. Nothing.
Only direct transfer seems   to bind phone and  drone. But in flight modus is keeps saying there is no connection between RC (phone) and drone.
My daugthers Iphone 12 paired in an instant with RC and drone. So it must have something to do with my Iphone 13 configurations. But also this I adapted in every form and just does not work.
Notice: I tried to pair my phone before I tried my daughters a few days later to see if this also did not work, but worked fine
My  phone keeps asking for the password of the drone WIFI, which does not come with the drone (I checked with the DJI  helpdesk who could not help me further). So I think there is something wrong with my phone since problem is only with my phone
Any ideas?
5-7 14:04
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules