Will Mini 3 Pro be enabled for Remote ID in EU?
459 5 4-10 14:02
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Burstmode
lvl.4
Flight distance : 258379 ft
United States

A simple, clear question:

Will the DJI Mini 3 Pro be enabled to comply with the European Union requirement for Remote ID?

Can I please get a simple, clear Yes or No answer to this question?

The Mini 3 Pro certainly is capable of broadcasting Remote ID - we all know that because it does broadcast Remote ID in the USA and in Japan (maybe also in other markets). So it should be capable of complying with the EU's Remote ID requirement, IF DJI enables this feature via a firmware update (as was done for USA and Japanese regulation requirements).  The question simply is, will DJI release a firmware update to enable that?

I'm not asking WHEN. (Of course, I'd love to know when, but I don't expect to be given a date, I want to know if DJI intends to do it or not.)

I'm not asking if a Mini 3 Pro can be flown in A1, A3 or another environment in the EU.

I'm not asking about certification categories, or labels, or any other non-relevant details, either.

I'm not asking about the color of the sky, or any other random facts.

I'm not asking to have my concerns forwarded to the relevant team to provide them with feedback. (I'm sure they know already.)

I'm not asking to be thanked for my patience or my valued support. (I'm sure it is appreciated.)

I am asking for a simple, clear answer to a simple, clear question.

It's a very simple question. Why is this so hard?

Thank you.

4-10 14:02
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. According to the CE marking requirements, manufacturers must classify drones based on their weight, required flying environment, and other conditions therefore a CX label is required for specific products that meet the different certifications. When using the DJI Mini 3 Pro, it does not need a CX label as it can fly with A1 (Certification Type: C0 and C1) and A3 (C3 and C4) environment so it is not relevant to have a CX label. For more information about EU Remote ID, you may click the link below. Thank you for your understanding and support.

2. To understand the Open category, visit https://www.easa.europa.eu/en/do ... egory-civil-drones.
3. To read the official FAQ about the Open category, visit https://www.easa.europa.eu/en/th ... ation-requirements.
4-10 19:42
Use props
Burstmode
lvl.4
Flight distance : 258379 ft
United States

Interesting answer, I suppose, but that is not the question I asked.  Please go back and re-read the question, and try again.  

Thank you for your patience.
4-10 20:01
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Only drones marked C1, C2 and C3 are requried to have remote ID,  there is no requirement for a legacy <250g to have it.
4-10 23:27
Use props
VA6TAC
New
Flight distance : 54501 ft
Canada

DAFlys Posted at 4-10 23:27
Only drones marked C1, C2 and C3 are requried to have remote ID,  there is no requirement for a legacy

Thanks for the information.

As a newb starting out (I'm located here in Canada) who is planning on a European trip this September, it's all a bit overwhelming.

My DJI Mini 3 Pro will only have the lower weight Intelligent Flight Battery - not the Plus.  so will be in the 249 gram category.

From what I'm reading:
1. I don't need to worry about Remote ID
2. I will be a C0 (class A1/A3)
3. because it has a camera, I need to Register myself as a pilot, but not the drone?

I'm still confused by the chart showing subcatagories such as A1, A2 , A3

Regarding "remote pilot competence - do I need to take pilot training?  It seems to imply no for under 250 grams or Legacy  ("read carefully the owners manual")

We will be in France, Slovakia, Czech, at a minimum.  It appears I need to Register myself as the operator, in the first EU Country in which I will first fly it.
And I will need insurance.

Besides the  EASA links above, is there a good guide to this in English?  Or did I get it right?

Thanks for your understanding
4-12 20:35
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

VA6TAC Posted at 4-12 20:35
Thanks for the information.

As a newb starting out (I'm located here in Canada) who is planning on a European trip this September, it's all a bit overwhelming.

You're pretty right on that,  and the French site is good for registering with as they dont charge you money and they have good English translations,

The exam is optional and free and worth doing to be honest,  doesnt take very long to do the free course on the alpha tango site.

Dont forget to label the drone with the operator ID you are given.
4-12 23:22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules