Buying a used DJI RC - what to watch out for?
249 3 4-29 07:27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Q9MdKmnnPTrD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 147792 ft

Slovakia

Hello, I currently have a Mini 3 with the RC-N1 controller and an active DJI Care Refresh plan on it. I was looking to purchase a used DJI RC to replace the RC-N1 controller. However, despite quite a bit of searching around, I'm still a bit confused about what to watch out for in this situation - I don't want to end up with a bricked RC or an invalid Care Refresh plan.

And so:
  • is the DJI RC potentially bound to the previous owner's account? If so, how do I unbind it when we meet face to face? Is it just going to list the RC under Settings -> Device Management, when the previous owner checks their account, so they can just unbind the RC itself?
  • how do I ensure that I correctly associate my current Care Refresh plan with this new RC?

Thanks!
4-29 07:27
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There are multiple threads and posts detailing how to bind and unbind equipment.  The binding owner is the only person that can undo the binding.
Try a search on google, the DJI forum search engine is a waste of time.
I'd post links but I am on a old tablet and posting links is difficult.
However, the controller is not bound to a DJI account, it is  bound to the relevant drone. It is the drone and only the drone that is bound to a DJI account.
4-29 09:05
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

https://support.dji.com/help/con ... ;paperDocType=paper
4-29 11:18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Please refer to Sean's link for unbinding. Also, the Care Refresh is associated with the aircraft. Please ensure you bind your account to the aircraft to utilize the service plan. Please feel free to reach us anytime if you have further concerns. Have a nice day.
4-29 22:10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules