444 65 5-10 06:42
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14588274 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

First time doing full manual with manual flips and spins - this was anything but 'easy acro' when the drone is flying at 45mph lol. Cruising at over 50mph was also a lot of fun and even touched on 60MPH. Did three flights in full manual today with no crashes and hardly used pause. It is all starting to click after just a handful of manual flights and some sim work. I think the real difficulty here is when you fly low - that will take some serious practice over time but pleased I am now finally flying without the training wheels on!

Footage taken from the drones micro SD recorded in 4K/30 with rocksteady3. Footage from the goggles 3 showing flight data is in the Avata products section.

5-10 06:42
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Great to see. Go for it!
5-10 09:28
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 5-10 09:28
Great to see. Go for it!

Cheers Depp! Lots of flights in at present as it's due to rain everyday next week! Classic!
5-10 09:44
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 5-10 09:28
Great to see. Go for it!

Are you planning on getting the Avata 2 Depp?
5-10 11:43
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice one Andy!
5-10 12:33
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great job with first full manual.  Training wheels are long gone now.  
5-10 12:44
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-10 12:44
Great job with first full manual.  Training wheels are long gone now.

Thanks Rich. It went really well! Now I just need to tweak some fo the rates and practice on this level - the most difficult on the Avata 2.
5-10 13:16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 5-10 13:16
Thanks Rich. It went really well! Now I just need to tweak some fo the rates and practice on this level - the most difficult on the Avata 2.

At least you have a viable plan in place.  I hope you have a great weekend AJ.  Also, I hope the weather holds so that you can get a lot of flights in.  Super hot day here but wind gusts were not good for drone flying.  
5-10 14:29
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-10 14:29
At least you have a viable plan in place.  I hope you have a great weekend AJ.  Also, I hope the weather holds so that you can get a lot of flights in.  Super hot day here but wind gusts were not good for drone flying.

It's going to be a lovely weekend here but sadly raining almost everyday for the next two weeks after Sunday! Flying will be limited!
Have a good one Rich and crack those beers open!
5-10 21:29
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

A J Posted at 5-10 11:43
Are you planning on getting the Avata 2 Depp?

No, I'm not.
I had a love/hate relationship with the Avata 1 and hardly flew it (sold it a few months ago and don't miss it). The 2 seems better but still not my type. Maybe if I get a really good offer for a set with the Goggles 3 though I don't see that much improvement in them either. Also sucks that you have to get the RC3 separately.
5-10 22:18
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 5-10 22:18
No, I'm not.
I had a love/hate relationship with the Avata 1 and hardly flew it (sold it a few months ago and don't miss it). The 2 seems better but still not my type. Maybe if I get a really good offer for a set with the Goggles 3 though I don't see that much improvement in them either. Also sucks that you have to get the RC3 separately.

That's understandable mate. we should have had the option between the MC3 and RC3 at least
5-10 23:33
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 5-10 21:29
It's going to be a lovely weekend here but sadly raining almost everyday for the next two weeks after Sunday! Flying will be limited!
Have a good one Rich and crack those beers open!

Got to stay away from the beers today.  Two of the grandkids are coming over and we are taking out the jetskis and play around on them for a few hours.  The Marine Patrols are really strict on drinking and driving jetskis, boats, etc.  

Tomorrow I'm taking them horseback riding for a half day.  I got a feeling I'll have a sore rear end come Monday morning as I haven't ridden in 3-4 years.  
5-11 03:59
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
Flight distance : 6639482 ft
  • >>>
United States

Beautiful Scenery.
5-11 04:32
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks though more focused on keeping the drone airborne lol
5-11 06:01
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-11 03:59
Got to stay away from the beers today.  Two of the grandkids are coming over and we are taking out the jetskis and play around on them for a few hours.  The Marine Patrols are really strict on drinking and driving jetskis, boats, etc.  

Tomorrow I'm taking them horseback riding for a half day.  I got a feeling I'll have a sore rear end come Monday morning as I haven't ridden in 3-4 years.

I've taken a few beers for you mate

My son loves horse riding - he's going tomorrow too!
5-11 06:11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 5-11 06:11
I've taken a few beers for you mate  

My son loves horse riding - he's going tomorrow too!

Thanks for tip a brew for me AJ.  I'll try to catch up tonight.  
5-11 10:03
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-11 10:03
Thanks for tip a brew for me AJ.  I'll try to catch up tonight.

(this is DJI beer I guess) skål
5-11 11:17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You'll be power looping in no time AJ.  
5-11 21:48
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-11 21:48
You'll be power looping in no time AJ.

I'll try lol It was due to rain for the next two weeks but the forecast has changed their mind yet again so pleased to say there will be some days when I can fly.
5-11 22:42
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 5-11 22:42
I'll try lol It was due to rain for the next two weeks but the forecast has changed their mind yet again so pleased to say there will be some days when I can fly.

Were up in the lake  district and so far the weather has been glorious,   but the rain keeps doing random things on the forecast.  

Didnt fly the Avata up here yet, it's been two busy all the places weve been or as I found last night a field of pregnant Ewes.  Which didnt seem fair on them.  
5-11 22:50
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-11 22:50
Were up in the lake  district and so far the weather has been glorious,   but the rain keeps doing random things on the forecast.  

Didnt fly the Avata up here yet, it's been two busy all the places weve been or as I found last night a field of pregnant Ewes.  Which didnt seem fair on them.

It is a beautiful corner of the country mate - have a lovely time and fly when you feel the time is right.
5-11 23:13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 5-11 11:17
(this is DJI beer I guess) skål

Muchas gracias compañero.
Merci beaucoup mon pote.
Vielen Dank, Kumpel.
Muito obrigado, companheiro.
Hartelijk dank maat.
5-12 04:36
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-12 04:36
Muchas gracias compañero.
Merci beaucoup mon pote.
Vielen Dank, Kumpel.

Cheers will do lol - do you speak 6 languages?
5-12 05:09
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 5-12 05:09
Cheers will do lol - do you speak 6 languages?

No way.  I'm fair at Spanish and English.  Just use a little Google Translate when needed.  I have enough trouble with one language.    Most people that hear me talk say I speak Texan.  Guess that is the southern drawl I picked up while growing up in south Texas.  

I say y'all instead of you all.  Fixin instead of fixing.  Skeeters instead of Mosquitoes.  Git-R-Done instead of get it down.  That phrase has since been made famous by Larry the Cable Guy (comedian).

5-12 05:40
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-12 05:40
No way.  I'm fair at Spanish and English.  Just use a little Google Translate when needed.  I have enough trouble with one language.    Most people that hear me talk say I speak Texan.  Guess that is the southern drawl I picked up while growing up in south Texas.  

我明白你的意思我的朋友

Now I have visions of JR Ewing from Dallas - I loved that soap when I was in my teens
5-12 10:19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 5-12 10:19
我明白你的意思我的朋友

Now I have visions of JR Ewing from Dallas - I loved that soap when I was in my teens

谷歌可以成为你的朋友。

Dallas was one of the most watched TV series for a long time.  J.R. Ewing (Larry Hagman)  was adept at manipulation and blackmail to achieve his ambitions, both business and personal.  I felt sorry for Sue Ellen (Linda Gray).  It was reported that 33.3 million peopled watched the final episode of Dallas.
5-12 11:37
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-12 11:37
谷歌可以成为你的朋友。

Dallas was one of the most watched TV series for a long time.  J.R. Ewing (Larry Hagman)  was adept at manipulation and blackmail to achieve his ambitions, both business and personal.  I felt sorry for Sue Ellen (Linda Gray).  It was reported that 33.3 million peopled watched the final episode of Dallas.

It was a huge hit in the UK. Apparently Her late Majesty the Queen Mother was a massive fan bless her. I loved Larry Hagman - so deliciously dastardly as JR - he owned that series and was the best TV villain of all time. RIP
5-12 11:41
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 5-12 11:41
It was a huge hit in the UK. Apparently Her late Majesty the Queen Mother was a massive fan bless her. I loved Larry Hagman - so deliciously dastardly as JR - he owned that series and was the best TV villain of all time. RIP

Dallas would definitely not have been Dallas without Larry Hagman.  He played the character perfectly.  
5-12 11:55
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-12 11:55
Dallas would definitely not have been Dallas without Larry Hagman.  He played the character perfectly.

I recall that after the 'who shot JR' phenomenon Larry told the producers that he will leave the show unless they paid him an obscene salary and allowed him to direct some of the episodes. They conceded to his demands as they knew there would be no 'Dallas' without him. He made tens of millions from it.
5-12 11:59
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 5-12 11:59
I recall that after the 'who shot JR' phenomenon Larry told the producers that he will leave the show unless they paid him an obscene salary and allowed him to direct some of the episodes. They conceded to his demands as they knew there would be no 'Dallas' without him. He made tens of millions from it.

I do remember something about him holding them hostage until they met his exorbitant salary demands for the post episodes.
5-12 12:15
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-12 12:15
I do remember something about him holding them hostage until they met his exorbitant salary demands for the post episodes.

Can't blame him - I would have done the same lol The moneywould have only gone in someone else's pocket who didn't put as much into the show anyway.
5-12 12:17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 5-12 12:17
Can't blame him - I would have done the same lol The moneywould have only gone in someone else's pocket who didn't put as much into the show anyway.

No doubt he held the negotiating power at that time.  He was so popular that the producers had no choice to meet his salary demands.
5-12 12:26
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-12 12:26
No doubt he held the negotiating power at that time.  He was so popular that the producers had no choice to meet his salary demands.

Hands tied mate! He was Dallas
5-12 12:36
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks Monty
5-13 00:36
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You're welcome.
5-13 00:38
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

5-13 00:42
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 5-12 12:36
Hands tied mate! He was Dallas

Oh yeah, he was the show and his character was what drew in the viewers.  No doubt about that at all.  
5-13 03:05
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-13 03:05
Oh yeah, he was the show and his character was what drew in the viewers.  No doubt about that at all.

5-13 04:10
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6260935 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Really going for it there AJ. Lovely scenery to fly over, as well.
5-17 10:27
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 5-17 10:27
Really going for it there AJ. Lovely scenery to fly over, as well.

Cheers! I mainly fly her at the moment as a safe and familiar place to practice manual flight. All of my recent vids are based here but show how my FPV manual flying skills are slowly developing. It's like learning to drive a car all over again!
5-17 10:33
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules