277 15 5-12 15:05
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_f75DD52E2DHq
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Screenshot 2024-05-11 055205.png

Hi guys, as the title says... at 45-50% in manual mode my avata 2 gives this warning and my power is reduced significantly, it struggles to do 30mph down from 60 after the warning. It's honestly so unnecessary and frustrating to have reduced power for literally no reason... Understandable if im 15-20% battery but half?!? i've got atleast 4 more minutes flying but now im handicapped while flying 20 metres away so end up just having to land and swap batteries...

My question is to anyone who can help please.. What parameters in dronehacks can disable this? This limitation makes no sense at all
5-12 15:05
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. We may need to forward this to our relevant team for further clarification. I appreciate your cooperation.
5-12 21:55
Use props
djiuser_f75DD52E2DHq
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-12 21:55
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. We may need to forward this to our relevant team for further clarification. I appreciate your cooperation.

Ok thankyou, hopefully something comes back because this restriction seems so random and frustrating
5-13 04:49
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14588274 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I get this restriction in manual too but not until I'm around 30% battery. Does this happen with all of your batteries and all the time you fly i.e. irrespective of wind speeds?
5-13 05:09
Use props
djiuser_f75DD52E2DHq
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 5-13 05:09
I get this restriction in manual too but not until I'm around 30% battery. Does this happen with all of your batteries and all the time you fly i.e. irrespective of wind speeds?

Sadly yes :/ i have 4 batteries all doing it around 45-50% and one is a week old
5-13 06:04
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14588274 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_f75DD52E2DHq Posted at 5-13 06:04
Sadly yes :/ i have 4 batteries all doing it around 45-50% and one is a week old

Very strange. With all the batteries dong it you may have an issue with the drone. Try refreshing the firmware on DJI assistant 2 for consumer drones and see if that makes any difference.
5-13 06:44
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1036263 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Why not just get a 5" or bigger FPV drone if you just wanna fly fast? This is a cinewhoop, you're not supposed to be using all the power all the time. It's also possible the warning appears sooner than 30% if you push it too hard since batteries will heat up when you push them.
5-13 09:51
Use props
OldGuy2024
lvl.2
Flight distance : 577543 ft
United States

Throttle cut to prevent major voltage sag into the kill the battery zone?  Better to fly slower and land with a healthy battery v. replacement time or worse.  One of the "wish list" items is real time voltage of the lowest cell during flight. The other two drone I fly (only ones purchased since 2014) display the voltage.  Cheap one is a $139usd mini.  

5-13 17:46
Use props
djiuser_f75DD52E2DHq
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fichek Posted at 5-13 09:51
Why not just get a 5" or bigger FPV drone if you just wanna fly fast? This is a cinewhoop, you're not supposed to be using all the power all the time. It's also possible the warning appears sooner than 30% if you push it too hard since batteries will heat up when you push them.

That's the thing, i have a large drone collection for all kinds but i'm not freestyling or pushing it hard. I'm simply flying and losing 70% of the drones power once i hit 50% battery.
5-14 15:16
Use props
djiuser_f75DD52E2DHq
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

OldGuy2024 Posted at 5-13 17:46
Throttle cut to prevent major voltage sag into the kill the battery zone?  Better to fly slower and land with a healthy battery v. replacement time or worse.  One of the "wish list" items is real time voltage of the lowest cell during flight. The other two drone I fly (only ones purchased since 2014) display the voltage.  Cheap one is a $139usd mini.

That makes sense about the preventing major voltage sag but i'm not punching it or freestyling, i could be flying 30mph in manual and as soon as i hit 50% it penalizes me straight away
5-14 15:18
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1036263 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

djiuser_f75DD52E2DHq Posted at 5-14 15:16
That's the thing, i have a large drone collection for all kinds but i'm not freestyling or pushing it hard. I'm simply flying and losing 70% of the drones power once i hit 50% battery.

That's definitely weird, I'd estimate it loses 30%, maaaybe 40% of power after it reaches 30% of battery. Have you tried contacting DJI support and providing them with logs?
5-14 15:19
Use props
djiuser_f75DD52E2DHq
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fichek Posted at 5-14 15:19
That's definitely weird, I'd estimate it loses 30%, maaaybe 40% of power after it reaches 30% of battery. Have you tried contacting DJI support and providing them with logs?

I think that's my next step, just thought i'd reach out to see if this is abnormal or not, thanks for the help
5-14 15:20
Use props
Minime0815
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1996804 ft
Germany

it's the same with the avata 1 in manual - around 50 %. i think i have a flight time around 7-10 minutes from 100 to 50 %.
5-14 21:49
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_f75DD52E2DHq Posted at 5-13 04:49
Ok thankyou, hopefully something comes back because this restriction seems so random and frustrating

Thank you for patiently waiting. This is normal. In Manual mode, more power is required. When you push the throttle stick to fly the aircraft at a high speed, overheat protection is triggered to restrict power. The lower the battery level, the lower the maximum output power. As such, a warning stating “Low Battery Level” is displayed. In Normal/Sport mode, the power required is low and generally does not trigger the upper power limit. As such, the prompt does not appear when the aircraft is switched to Normal/Sport mode. We recommend switching to N/S mode to check if that prompt will disappear. Thank you for your understanding.
5-16 20:12
Use props
player_87
lvl.2
Flight distance : 777917 ft
Ireland

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-16 20:12
Thank you for patiently waiting. This is normal. In Manual mode, more power is required. When you push the throttle stick to fly the aircraft at a high speed, overheat protection is triggered to restrict power. The lower the battery level, the lower the maximum output power. As such, a warning stating “Low Battery Level” is displayed. In Normal/Sport mode, the power required is low and generally does not trigger the upper power limit. As such, the prompt does not appear when the aircraft is switched to Normal/Sport mode. We recommend switching to N/S mode to check if that prompt will disappear. Thank you for your understanding.

I don't think that power reduction at 50% is normal... it's definitely weird considering that batteries are new. Of course those values will differ from user to user but I've pushed my avata 2 twice to the absolute maximum - 90km/h for the most of the flight and throttle output was reduced at 25%-30%. Batteries lasted 5 min during those flights   During normal flight - fast and slow speed my throttle output was reduced at under 20% of the battery.

Maybe your drone is overheating ? I would't take a word that this is normal and I would contact DJI support to check log files or meet up with someone local who also own avata2 and see how his drone behaved under the same conditions.

Keep digging, avata2 is a new product and it's definitely not free from issues. Good luck!
5-17 00:49
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

player_87 Posted at 5-17 00:49
I don't think that power reduction at 50% is normal... it's definitely weird considering that batteries are new. Of course those values will differ from user to user but I've pushed my avata 2 twice to the absolute maximum - 90km/h for the most of the flight and throttle output was reduced at 25%-30%. Batteries lasted 5 min during those flights   During normal flight - fast and slow speed my throttle output was reduced at under 20% of the battery.

Maybe your drone is overheating ? I would't take a word that this is normal and I would contact DJI support to check log files or meet up with someone local who also own avata2 and see how his drone behaved under the same conditions.

Thank you for your feedback. We will surely gather this concern of yours and forward it to our relevant team for attention. We appreciate your valued support.
5-18 02:51
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules