Bulgaria

5-16 21:57
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice training flight Alex,  and a roll for good measure.  
5-16 22:32
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Impressive manual mode training flight.  
5-17 02:18
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14754314 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done Alex - I love flying in manual mode now - can't imagine going back to the motion controller
5-17 06:55
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 40068986 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

A J Posted at 5-17 06:55
Nicely done Alex - I love flying in manual mode now - can't imagine going back to the motion controller

Just to be clear You love flying with RC 3 Avata 2 in M mode (instead of N or S) with M mode enabled in menus and restrictions lifted! Great - I am not feeling comfortable yet and will not soon as it seems but I'll try and try as I bought 7" long-range FPV
5-17 11:21
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
Flight distance : 6870043 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm sitting here drinking a peanutbutter whiskey and holding onto the recliner arms.
5-17 18:02
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

BetterBizTech Posted at 5-17 18:02
I'm sitting here drinking a peanutbutter whiskey and holding onto the recliner arms.

You should hold Your horses as long ranger is in production at the moment and will be ready (hopefully ) end of next week
5-17 20:18
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

alex_markov Posted at 5-17 11:21
Just to be clear You love flying with RC 3 Avata 2 in M mode (instead of N or S) with M mode enabled in menus and restrictions lifted! Great - I am not feeling comfortable yet and will not soon as it seems but I'll try and try as I bought 7" long-range FPV

Yep - that's exactly what I like. Flying at 60mph and diving from altitude are my favourites - M mode, attitude limit disabled with set rates/expo to my preference - full manual/acro.
Still a long way to go but enjoying the journey. My last 9 flights have all been in full manual.
5-17 21:40
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
Flight distance : 6870043 ft
  • >>>
United States

alex_markov Posted at 5-17 20:18
You should hold Your horses as long ranger is in production at the moment and will be ready (hopefully ) end of next week

K I will give it  try.
5-18 04:24
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

A J Posted at 5-17 21:40
Yep - that's exactly what I like. Flying at 60mph and diving from altitude are my favourites - M mode, attitude limit disabled with set rates/expo to my preference - full manual/acro.
Still a long way to go but enjoying the journey. My last 9 flights have all been in full manual.

Glad for You. I on the other side feel frustrated at best - Yep far from the ground I can manage somehow but what I can do in S in the woods is so far from my M skills
5-18 08:26
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

alex_markov Posted at 5-18 08:26
Glad for You. I on the other side feel frustrated at best - Yep far from the ground I can manage somehow but what I can do in S in the woods is so far from my M skills

It will be quite some time before I fly in M mode in the woods! I really would like to get into diving cliffs once my skills sharpen up more. I've started flying low in open areas in M mode and shooting through very wide gaps between trees but nothing like I was able to do with the motion controller as yet. It all takes time and practice when you fully take the reigns.
5-18 09:07
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

A J Posted at 5-18 09:07
It will be quite some time before I fly in M mode in the woods! I really would like to get into diving cliffs once my skills sharpen up more. I've started flying low in open areas in M mode and shooting through very wide gaps between trees but nothing like I was able to do with the motion controller as yet. It all takes time and practice when you fully take the reigns.

That's the problem, I have flown for 7 years in S and had hundreds and hundreds of hours doing so, I do not even remember which stick do what It just does what I want
And now everything is "Wrong" see:
5-18 09:17
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Must admit I now find flying in full manual actually easier than N/S mode at times as I am use to pitching the nose down and fly but navigating the ground rather than the horizon and also at fast speed. I switch to normal to land and find myself double checking the forward speed because it feels like the drone isn't moving. I genuinely believe that the best way to learn manual is to quit N/S mode (except for landing) as it can get confusing - especially when turning the drone with combined controls - throttle is King in manual and having removed the spring tension for FPV it works against you in N/S mode.

When all is said and done it is entirely down to you what you prefer and feel comfortable flying in. Your footage looks great Alex so why try to fix what isn't broken mate. I loved using the motion controller but felt limited after a few weeks so decided to jump into this with both feet and take it down the manual route. That said, there are times I feel like getting the MC3 back out and just have some fun with it but my determination to nail manual flying is more important to me for now.
5-18 09:29
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

A J Posted at 5-18 09:29
Must admit I now find flying in full manual actually easier than N/S mode at times as I am use to pitching the nose down and fly but navigating the ground rather than the horizon and also at fast speed. I switch to normal to land and find myself double checking the forward speed because it feels like the drone isn't moving. I genuinely believe that the best way to learn manual is to quit N/S mode (except for landing) as it can get confusing - especially when turning the drone with combined controls - throttle is King in manual and having removed the spring tension for FPV it works against you in N/S mode.

When all is said and done it is entirely down to you what you prefer and feel comfortable flying in. Your footage looks great Alex so why try to fix what isn't broken mate. I loved using the motion controller but felt limited after a few weeks so decided to jump into this with both feet and take it down the manual route. That said, there are times I feel like getting the MC3 back out and just have some fun with it but my determination to nail manual flying is more important to me for now.

Great You enjoying it. I purchased a pure fpv drone - 7" long range, so I'll learn or crash but my plans are for far from the ground acro flying for some time as I did for years now.
5-18 19:13
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

alex_markov Posted at 5-18 19:13
Great You enjoying it. I purchased a pure fpv drone - 7" long range, so I'll learn or crash  but my plans are for far from the ground acro flying for some time  as I did for years now.

Don't think I'll take it that far as in building my own quads but a 7" FPV would be ideal for diving cliffs at long distance. I hope my addictions have a cut off in this lol
5-19 02:46
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

A J Posted at 5-19 02:46
Don't think I'll take it that far as in building my own quads but a 7" FPV would be ideal for diving cliffs at long distance. I hope my addictions have a cut off in this lol

That's what sparked me
5-19 02:48
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

alex_markov Posted at 5-19 02:48
That's what sparked me
https://youtu.be/kTR1AAQjR0o

Just phenomenal, unbelievable footage - simply amazing! I genuinely don't think I will ever go back to GPS drones. I've sub'd this guys channel.
5-19 03:17
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

A J Posted at 5-19 03:17
Just phenomenal, unbelievable footage - simply amazing! I genuinely don't think I will ever go back to GPS drones. I've sub'd this guys channel.

Well, I both a drone
Thou Mavic 3 was somehow capable

5-19 05:29
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

alex_markov Posted at 5-19 05:29
Well, I both a drone  
Thou Mavic 3 was somehow capable

Lovely footage Alex
5-19 13:02
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

A J Posted at 5-19 13:02
Lovely footage Alex

Thank You, I was about to buy mavic 3 again but a very good pilot told why bore yourself take an fpv, so I did, soon will see weather I'll regret this choice
5-19 17:16
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

alex_markov Posted at 5-19 17:16
Thank You, I was about to buy mavic 3 again but a very good pilot told why bore yourself take an fpv, so I did, soon will see weather I'll regret this choice

You won't regret it mate - FPV is pure fun.
5-19 22:03
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice job
5-26 23:17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now