Avata front bearing noise out of box when spinning by hand
1368 5 2022-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mitchy350
lvl.1
Flight distance : 402254 ft
Australia

I have just bought a DJI Avata and out of the box i have noticed what sounds to be bearing noise coming from the front motor when spinning it by hand. I have returned it and got a new one that has the exact same noise from the same motor. It just dosent sound right. See YouTube link for video

https://youtu.be/0bgYaUezbGs
2022-12-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Your video is marked as Private.  For general information all 4 motors should turn freely and sound alike.  It is strange that the 2nd one also appears to replicate the issue with the first one on the same motor.
2022-12-27
Use props
Mitchy350
lvl.1
Flight distance : 402254 ft
Australia

I have found the problem. I removed the props and then refit them and the noise as gone. i feel like the prop just needed to be tighten a little even though it didnt feel like the prop was loose. I found it interesting that the second Avata i got had the exact same issue on the same prop.
2022-12-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We're glad that you already managed to isolate the issue that you experience on your DJI Avata. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-1-19
Use props
djiuser_d44y8iqwUpRI
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10810 ft
Bulgaria

i crashed my drone by accident and one of my motors started to cause exactly the same noise, what can i do in this situation? i have dji care also
4-20 17:46
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_d44y8iqwUpRI Posted at 4-20 17:46
i crashed my drone by accident and one of my motors started to cause exactly the same noise, what can i do in this situation? i have dji care also

Hello, there. Sorry to read this. You are advised to send the drone back to our service center for inspection and repair considering the aircraft has crashed.
Here is the link to request repair:
https://www.dji.com/support/repair?from=store_footer
4-20 23:40
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules