Dongle Cellular 4G (LTE). (Report of my user experience).
2663 20 2023-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Leo Guerra
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3593022 ft
Brazil

I acquired the Dongle on February 15th purchased on AliExpress. As soon as I inserted my operator's chip and connected to the drone, I received the message that it was not available in my country. Then I noticed that there was an option to enter the APN data of my cell phone operator (Vivo Brazil) and after restarting the aircraft the 4G worked immediately. On my first flight I was in a rural area and I was very impressed with the stability of the 4G signal even with a weak signal. I flew for the first time without any loss of signal. The problem was with the battery. 25 minutes with battery plus landing at 16%. I believe that the weak signal has impacted on this battery consumption. Data consumption averaged 1.76gb. I expected less. On this initial flight I flew 12km (6km one way + 6km back). The service worked without problems for a week and only returned the next for a single day and did not return anymore. According to DJI, it is being tested around the world. On return from service during that single day I flew in a central area with a lot of interference and this time I had problems with the 4G connection. I noticed that it was necessary to position myself very close to my router as I was connecting the DJI RC to my home's WIFI network. I flew lying on my bed and flew at an approximate distance of 2km and at low altitude (60 meters approximately). I know that the distance maybe not impressive but in my region with OcuSync 3.0 it is impossible. The problem is that now I can no longer fly without the Dongle after this wonderful experience. In my opinion it was simply incredible. I forgot to mention that I did not acquire the antennas for the connection with the Dongle. I am very anxious for the return of the service but a little discouraged with this delay in the return. It will be very disappointing not to be able to count on the Dongle. Any doubt I am available.

2023-3-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would love to play with the dongle...

The dongle uses the power from the drone so that will certainly reduce the battery, i think 25 minutes isn't too bad considering.

The data usage really does not surprise me as 1 minute of 1080 at 30fps is about 130mb, i believe that the live view is 1080.
It would be great if one could choose 720 or 1080, this would greatly reduce data usage to about 60mb a minute it should also reduce battery consumption too
2023-3-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I hope they roll this out to more countries soon.  
2023-3-13
Use props
Leo Guerra
lvl.4
Brazil

Bashy Posted at 3-12 18:46

The dongle uses the power from the drone so that will certainly reduce the battery, i think 25 minutes isn't too bad considering.

Yes. I already imagined this battery scenario and I mentioned it because of the fact that it was tight on the way back since my signal was theoretically infinite. I ended up forgetting about the battery. I still think it will perform better as the area I was flying had a very weak cell phone signal which in my opinion has an impact on the battery.

I believe that your idea regarding data reduction will definitely be implemented. I forgot to mention that the image on the DJI RC operating on 4G surprised me positively. I did not expect the quality presented.
2023-3-14
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

2023-3-14
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ro_walker Posted at 3-14 16:19

And this time you copy my reply, what is wrong with you?
2023-3-14
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4232851 ft
Australia

Pretty much my experience - except the fact that for whatever reason after the most recent firmware update it just stopped working in Australia.
It works for internet access in my RC PRO - but no longer in my mavic 3..

No idea what happen.

Flying from the back of my ute following the drone i was able to fly a total of 17.6km on sports mode 70km/hr before getting warned to land.. not sure on the wind speeds perhaps 25km/hr at the hight i was at.

It will be nice to get it back but I feel DJI may have been compliying with local CASA requests to disable in Australia.

2023-3-14
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4232851 ft
Australia

Topvisions Thailand Posted at 3-14 22:56
Can be downgrade firmware for use this feature or any??

Likely - but due to my insurance and reOC requirements - To fly commericial I must be using the current firmware (we get about 3 months to hold of - once its been cleared we have to upgrade)
2023-3-14
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Topvisions Thailand Posted at 3-14 22:56
Can be downgrade firmware for use this feature or any??

no, downgrading is no longer allowed
2023-3-15
Use props
fansaa37ad56
lvl.2
France

I am from France, I ordered the 4G dongle which I will receive tomorrow.
I hope it will work.
I would like to know where you can find the option to enter APN data.
Thanks in advance.
Olivier.
4-4 07:44
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6406329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

fansaa37ad56 Posted at 4-4 07:44
I hope it will work.

This doesn't work in Europe, only in China.
4-4 08:40
Use props
Leo Guerra
lvl.4
Brazil

fansaa37ad56 Posted at 4-4 07:44
I hope it will work.

Unfortunately it won't work. I recently purchased Dongle 2 for the Mini 4 Pro and the answer is always the same. That the service will be available soon and is still in the testing phase. It is worth mentioning that at least here in Brazil the service is already offered by other companies such as Hubsan.. Autel & Fimi. I have my Mini 4 Pro without flying since in my region it suffers a lot of interference and it would be necessary to use the Dongle. I will never purchase any DJI product without the Dongle being offered and I advise you to do the same. Occusync technology in urban centers is outdated. Check with your country's regulatory body to see if the Dongle is authorized. Here in Brazil it has already been authorized.
4-4 09:48
Use props
fansaa37ad56
lvl.2
France

Leo Guerra Posted at 4-4 09:48
Unfortunately it won't work. I recently purchased Dongle 2 for the Mini 4 Pro and the answer is always the same. That the service will be available soon and is still in the testing phase. It is worth mentioning that at least here in Brazil the service is already offered by other companies such as Hubsan.. Autel & Fimi. I have my Mini 4 Pro without flying since in my region it suffers a lot of interference and it would be necessary to use the Dongle. I will never purchase any DJI product without the Dongle being offered and I advise you to do the same. Occusync technology in urban centers is outdated. Check with your country's regulatory body to see if the Dongle is authorized. Here in Brazil it has already been authorized.

Okay but I would still like to test it.
Can you tell me where to manually enter the APN?
I have a Mavic 3 Pro.
Thanks in advance.
Olivier.
4-5 00:05
Use props
Leo Guerra
lvl.4
Brazil

Open DJI Fly: Profile - Device Management - My acessories - DJI Cellular Dongle - APN Settings
4-13 16:36
Use props
helio.br.us
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256768 ft
United States

Good news !!
Dongle 4G/LTE is working again in Brazil
4-23 12:11
Use props
Leo Guerra
lvl.4
Brazil

helio.br.us Posted at 4-23 12:11
Good news !!
Dongle 4G/LTE is working again in Brazil

They shut down the servers again. A shame because it was working very well. Here in Brazil we are all migrating to the Hubsan Ace 2 which is operating 4G in a surprising way. It's really impressive. Let's see how long DJI will understand that this is an essential service for any drone in the world where obviously the service has already been regulated. My mini 4 has already returned to its little house and will only leave if 4G returns one day.

5-3 06:07
Use props
helio.br.us
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256768 ft
United States

Leo Guerra Posted at 5-3 06:07
They shut down the servers again. A shame because it was working very well. Here in Brazil we are all migrating to the Hubsan Ace 2 which is operating 4G in a surprising way. It's really impressive. Let's see how long DJI will understand that this is an essential service for any drone in the world where obviously the service has already been regulated. My mini 4 has already returned to its little house and will only leave if 4G returns one day.

I totally agree with you. It's incredibly frustrating how DJI seems to handle their server shutdowns without any warning. I'm considering getting the Hubsan Ace 2 myself, especially since it's operating on 4G so efficiently. Plus, the way they handle customer service seems to be much better. DJI really needs to step up their game in that regard.
5-3 07:03
Use props
Leo Guerra
lvl.4
Brazil

helio.br.us Posted at 5-3 07:03
I totally agree with you. It's incredibly frustrating how DJI seems to handle their server shutdowns without any warning. I'm considering getting the Hubsan Ace 2 myself, especially since it's operating on 4G so efficiently. Plus, the way they handle customer service seems to be much better. DJI really needs to step up their game in that regard.
Our despair of them shutting down the servers is over! Now just put the Mini 3/4 in the box and remove the Hubsan. The problem is now no longer ours, but theirs. Laughs here in the group now as they shut down these servers. Even Hubsan's 4G is superior to DJI's but I still prefer the Mini 4's camera.
5-3 07:25
Use props
djiuser_mV6PkEEhjBCO
New

Brazil

from Brazil, 2 weeks ago I acquired the modem 4 g because we have a group here in Brazil with more than 100 people who use the technology and again the service stopped without any explanation from the day, and many people acquired the dongle 4 g for this! The competitor of yours Hubsam works perfectly, I'm seriously thinking about changing and selling the 3 drones I have from DJI.
5-3 07:36
Use props
Leo Guerra
lvl.4
Brazil

djiuser_mV6PkEEhjBCO Posted at 5-3 07:36
from Brazil, 2 weeks ago I acquired the modem 4 g because we have a group here in Brazil with more than 100 people who use the technology and again the service stopped without any explanation from the day, and many people acquired the dongle 4 g for this! The competitor of yours Hubsam works perfectly, I'm seriously thinking about changing and selling the 3 drones I have from DJI.

I still prefer the software and cameras on DJI drones but the flight experience with 4G operating on Hubsan drones is incomparable. Here in Brazil there is no way to fly without 4G anymore.
5-3 07:57
Use props
Leo Guerra
lvl.4
Brazil

djiuser_mV6PkEEhjBCO Posted at 5-3 07:36
I'm going to fly now with Hubsan and I warn you that the 4g servers will be deactivated for maintenance with a return date and time. Here they turn on and off without warning and only return next year. It's shameful.
5-3 09:42
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules