1733 36 2023-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_I6wdbFA2wyFM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 248320 ft
United Kingdom

[size=15.007999px]I have an Air 2 with an RC 231
I also have a Mini 3 Pro with a DJI-RC (Screen)
I want to use the RC 231 as the controller for both drones. Not at the same time.
1, This can be done? (according to Heliguy)
2, Is there a link to show me how?
3, How do I disassociate the DJI-RC from the Mini 3 pro. Do I need to?
4, Is there a link to show me how,
5 How do I remove the DJI-RC from the account it’s registered with? (mine but a different account)
6 Is there a link to show me how?
[size=15.007999px]Thank you..

2023-8-4
Use props
fansf6fd2e12
lvl.2
Flight distance : 265043 ft
United Kingdom

You just have to bind with the drone your using, then bind again to next drone. Bit of a pain as you need internet to bind.   I do this often with mavic and mini3p with the pro rc.
2023-8-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, djiuser_I6wdbFA2wyFM. Thank you for reaching out. Yes, you may use 2 RCs for 1 drone but not at the same time. Just unbind the RC you're not going to use then bind the RC that you're going to use with the aircraft. Go to “Profile” - “Device Management” to bind/unbind or change the account.
2023-8-4
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just an add-on, in theory if binding and flyaway insurance were NOT applicable all you would need do is pair the controller to the relevant drone. Unfortunately this needs to be done each time you swap between the two drones. However it does not need an internet connection and if you trigger pairing on the controller via the button sequence it's a "walk in the park" that doesn't need use of the App.

However, relevant to your situation, do the two drones use the same communication protocol? If not and irrespective of whether or not binding etc. is applicable, then there may be a need to reboot the controller with each swap
2023-8-4
Use props
djiuser_I6wdbFA2wyFM
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-4 17:55
Hi, djiuser_I6wdbFA2wyFM. Thank you for reaching out. Yes, you may use 2 RCs for 1 drone but not at the same time. Just unbind the RC you're not going to use then bind the RC that you're going to use with the aircraft. Go to “Profile” - “Device Management” to bind/unbind or change the account.
[view_image]

Hello, you have mis-read my question. 2 drones 1 controller not what you replied to.
2023-8-5
Use props
djiuser_I6wdbFA2wyFM
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 8-4 22:56
Just an add-on, in theory if binding and flyaway insurance were NOT applicable all you would need do is pair the controller to the relevant drone. Unfortunately this needs to be done each time you swap between the two drones. However it does not need an internet connection and if you trigger pairing on the controller via the button sequence it's a "walk in the park" that doesn't need use of the App.

However, relevant to your situation, do the two drones use the same communication protocol? If not and irrespective of whether or not binding etc. is applicable, then there may be a need to reboot the controller with each swap

Thank you.
Can you confirm that i DO NOT require an internet connection to swap drones (in the field for example) and what do you mean when you say 'button sequence' not needing.
I have noted your final paragraph as well thank you very much for your help.
2023-8-5
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_I6wdbFA2wyFM Posted at 8-5 00:14
Can you confirm that i DO NOT require an internet connection to swap drones (in the field for example) and what do you mean when you say 'button sequence' not needing.
I have noted your final paragraph as well thank you very much for your help.

Referring to the manual's diagram of the controller, press and hold down for however long it takes ( 5 or so second ), the buttons numbered 6, 7 & 14. You can even do this without the phone connected to the controller, which is proof perfect that an internet connection is not needed.
You still need to do what ever is necessary on the drone to trigger its pairing mode.

NOTE if you have flyaway insurance on one or both drones the controller MUST be bound to the applicable drone ....... other wise the flyaway insurance is invalid for the flight/s concerned.
I DO NOT know if care refresh is also invalidated.
Binding requires an internet connection.

As with all drone things test and practise this BEFORE you 'need'/want it for real.
2023-8-5
Use props
djiuser_I6wdbFA2wyFM
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 8-5 01:09
Referring to the manual's diagram of the controller, press and hold down for however long it takes ( 5 or so second ) the buttons numbered 6, 7 & 14. You can even do this without the phone connected to the controller which is proof that an internet connection is not needed.
You still need to do what ever is necessary on the drone to trigger its pairing mode.

Thanks Sean
you say' proof that an internet connection is not needed.' then at the end you say binding requires an internet connection.

That has confused me a bit.

Also, I do not have any flyaway cover or any cover at all with DJI, all my insurance is with Coverdrone so no issues there.
2023-8-5
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I use the words "Binding" & "pairing" with the following meanings
"Binding" is a process related to the insurance.
"Pairing" relates to establishing a connection between the drone and the controller for control purposes.

Oh EDIT. the button sequence relates to pairing and pairing only. Sorry that was perhaps not clear.
The two 'concepts' are completely separate things, unfortunately the words themselves are, in this context, often understood interchangeably.

2023-8-5
Use props
djiuser_I6wdbFA2wyFM
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 8-5 01:21
"Pairing" relates to establishing a connection between the drone and the controller for control purposes.

Got it, thank you
I'll do all this in a bit and will feed back.
2023-8-5
Use props
djiuser_I6wdbFA2wyFM
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 8-5 01:21

Sorry about this but where do i find
'Referring to the manual's diagram of the controller, press and hold down for however long it takes ( 5 or so second ), the buttons numbered 6, 7 & 14. "
Cheers
2023-8-5
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

page 11 of

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual_EN.pdf
2023-8-5
Use props
djiuser_I6wdbFA2wyFM
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 8-5 01:39
page 11 of

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_Mini_3_Pro/UM/DJI_Mini_3_Pro_User_Manual_EN.pdf

Many thanks Sean.
2023-8-5
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You are welcome.
2023-8-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_I6wdbFA2wyFM Posted at 8-5 00:10
Hello, you have mis-read my question. 2 drones 1 controller not what you replied to.

Hi, djiuser_I6wdbFA2wyFM. Sorry for the confusion. Yes, it is possible as long as you're using it 1 at a time and that controller supports both drones.
2023-8-5
Use props
djiuser_I6wdbFA2wyFM
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-5 02:37
Hi, djiuser_I6wdbFA2wyFM. Sorry for the confusion. Yes, it is possible as long as you're using it 1 at a time and that controller supports both drones.

Thank you Gamora
2023-8-5
Use props
djiuser_I6wdbFA2wyFM
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi Sean, as promised an update.
Both drones are connected to the N1 controller and it takes just a couple of clicks to switch to the Air 2 from the Mini 3 pro.Both fly correctly as well. I have however bought another N1 controller so they each have their own.
Am selling the RC that came with the Mini 3 Pro if you know anyone intested, £200 plus postage Brand new unit.
Thanks for your help yesterday.
Mike
2023-8-6
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_I6wdbFA2wyFM Posted at 8-6 08:01
Hi Sean, as promised an update.
Both drones are connected to the N1 controller and it takes just a couple of clicks to switch to the Air 2 from the Mini 3 pro.Both fly correctly as well. I have however bought another N1 controller so they each have their own.
Am selling the RC that came with the Mini 3 Pro if you know anyone intested, £200 plus postage Brand new unit.

Ok Mike, but first, before you sell it you need, or should,
1) remove ALL the flight logs from it,
2) if any binding exists UNDO that binding between the controller and which ever drone or drones it is bound to
3) and make sure you log out of the app.

There may be a reset function that does "1)", you will need to google that. If there is and AFTER you have logged out of the App, manually check, via computer, that all the flight logs and DATs have been removed. If you see any then delete them via the computer. DO NOT delete the folders that contain them just delete the actual logs themselve.
2023-8-6
Use props
djiuser_I6wdbFA2wyFM
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 8-6 09:24
Ok Mike, but first, before you sell it you need, or should,
1) remove ALL the flight logs from it,
2) if any binding exists UNDO that binding between the controller and which ever drone or drones it is bound to

Already un-bound from the drone as that drone is now bound to the N1 controller.
Just need to remove it from my email account and as for the flight data, at worst it's one flight on the local park where i decided i did not like the screen version controller.
Cheers Buddy
2023-8-6
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_I6wdbFA2wyFM Posted at 8-6 11:32
Already un-bound from the drone as that drone is now bound to the N1 controller.
Just need to remove it from my email account and as for the flight data, at worst it's one flight on the local park where i decided i did not like the screen version controller.
Cheers Buddy

I'd still be inclined to delete the log and and DATs.
Mini 3 Pro DATs are readable, contain GPS data and are recorded from drone-switch-on to drone-switch-off, so, even if you did not start the drone's motors the DATs will contain location data...... if the GPS signal was sufficient.
2023-8-6
Use props
djiuser_I6wdbFA2wyFM
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 8-6 11:43
I'd still be inclined to delete the log and and DATs.
Mini 3 Pro DATs are readable, contain GPS data and are recorded from drone-switch-on to drone-switch-off, so, even if you did not start the drone's motors the DATs will contain location data...... if the GPS signal was sufficient.

Ok, I'll take your advice and get that done also.

Thanks again.

@DJI Gamora
"delete the log and and DATs."
Can you advice on the above please?
2023-8-7
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Probably best to PM her or reply to her. I don't think the @ thing generates a notification to her in this forum.
2023-8-7
Use props
djiuser_I6wdbFA2wyFM
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 8-7 00:53
Probably best to PM her or reply to her. I don't think the @ thing generates a notification to her in this forum.

I might have it sorted. I found this on YT. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoHXqPAbKxU

Thanks Sean.
2023-8-7
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_I6wdbFA2wyFM Posted at 8-7 01:35
I might have it sorted. I found this on YT. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoHXqPAbKxU

Thanks Sean.

That's a pleasant surprise, a youtube that's straight to the point and does what it says on the tin lol.
I'd still check the flight log folder etc. via computer.
2023-8-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

You're most welcome, djiuser_I6wdbFA2wyFM. Should you need further assistance, please let us know.
2023-8-8
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

Wtf is controller 231? As far as I know there is the old smart controller, rc n1, and rc for the air 2. There is no 231 controller. As for using 2 drones on 1 controller. You can but each time you switch drones it will ask you to bind it. It doesn't use internet to bind.
2023-8-8
Use props
djiuser_I6wdbFA2wyFM
lvl.2
United Kingdom

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 8-8 07:37
Wtf is controller 231? As far as I know there is the old smart controller, rc n1, and rc for the air 2. There is no 231 controller. As for using 2 drones on 1 controller. You can but each time you switch drones it will ask you to bind it. It doesn't use internet to bind.

The RC 231 is the same a the RC-N1 but for whatever reason DJI numbered them that way.
You obviously don't know that the DJI-RC does NOT work with the Air 2, it works with the Air 2S.
The RC-231 or N1 works with the Air 2 and the mini 3 pro.
Everyday's a school day.
Cheers
2023-8-8
Use props
djiuser_I6wdbFA2wyFM
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 8-7 02:02
That's a pleasant surprise, a youtube that's straight to the point and does what it says on the tin lol.
I'd still check the flight log folder etc. via computer.

Hi again Sean
Sorry to be a pain again but i'm getting no help anywhere else. Feel free to ignore if you want, I do not want to be a nuisance.

If you remember i disconnected . unbound/ disassociated myself from the RC (screen) controller and connected to the N1 which was used for my Air 2. Flew without issue.

I have now bought a brand new N1 controller and connected it to the mini 3 pro and it seems to be perfect

My Air 2 was associated with my email number 1 and my mini was associated with my email number 2.

When i go into Device management on the old N1 (used with Air 2) it gives me the opportunity to Unbind device should i want to, which is what I expect TBH, however on the new N1 for the mini 3 pro when i go to the device management section, it just says that this drone is already  bound to another account and there's no facility to unbind it should i wish to at a later date.

It does show the correct email address above the 'this device is already registered etc" any ideas where the words ' un bind this device etc; would be. I can't seem to locate them on the N1 used previously and the original RC (screen) is now back at factory settings, but i did unbind before reseting.
2023-8-10
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

For clarity, is the "N1" controller the controller WITHOUT a screen? If so was the new one literally brand new, in a still sealed box etc. or an unused second hand controller?

My understanding of these bindings is that, the DRONE is bound to a DJI account which equates to the App using a certain login.
I.e. if you had two separate accounts and therefore two separate logins the drone could be bound to ONLY one of those accounts.
Use the wrong account and the App will tell you the drone is bound to another account.

However the controller is bound to the drone, a literally brand new controller should not be bound to anything.

If you are certain that the message you are seeing says the mini 3 pro is bound to another account then I suspect you are using the wrong login i.e. "email number 1" and therefore the wrong account.
2023-8-10
Use props
djiuser_I6wdbFA2wyFM
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 8-10 12:37
For clarity, is the "N1" controller the controller WITHOUT a screen? If so was the new one literally brand new, in a still sealed box etc. or an unused second hand controller?

My understanding of these bindings is that, the DRONE is bound to a DJI account which equates to the App using a certain login.

Correct the new N! is without a screen, in actual fact both N1s are without screen.

The new one was unused (so i was told) as the owner wanted a screen one. It was not in a sealed box.

Yeah each drone is bound to a different email account (both mine)

I do only use one iPhone to carry the DJIFLY app and that app was used solely for my Air 2 until i got the mini 3.

I am certain that it says 'already bound to another device but also definitely shows the actual correct email address, that's what's most confusing.

I cannot find a place where i can unbind the mini should i want to.

Aargh

2023-8-10
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"My Air 2 was associated with my email number 1 and my mini was associated with my email number 2."
You have two DJI accounts, correct? If so lets call them "account A" and "account B".
The Air 2 is bound to Account A, the Mini 3 Pro is possibly bound to account B.
You use the same phone to fly each drone, correct?
If so when you switch drones you would have to log out of one account and log into the other account.

Use a screen capture app so that you have a visual record of what message appear.
Will be sending you a PM shortly.
2023-8-10
Use props
djiuser_I6wdbFA2wyFM
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 8-10 13:46
"My Air 2 was associated with my email number 1 and my mini was associated with my email number 2."
You have two DJI accounts, correct? If so lets call them "account A" and "account B".
The Air 2 is bound to Account A, the Mini 3 Pro is possibly bound to account B.

After a very late night getting my head around this I've made progress.
You are correct with everything you say above with the 'Account A and Acount B'.
What I have done is this.
Reluctantly re-connected the mini to the original controller (screen), or should I say tried to.
There was no way to connect the drone to the controller but I was able to connect to my Account B via logging in to DJI. Finally when in the app I saw  "remove this drone from  account" (Account B) So I thought, well why not it can't get any worse.
After removing from account, I Returned to factory settings the remote (screen) and put to one side.
I then went to the new N1controller and connected to the drone, where i was offered to connect the drone to an account, the one being offered was Account A.
I followed the steps then I was able to see the 'Bind to'  so I hit that and was then able to see the 'Unbind from this account' facility.
So it all looks good so far,
Basically, both drones are now registered to the same DJI account (account A) which is the account that the DJI FLY app is registered to.
Possibly confusion was trying to use 2 drones, each from differing DJI accounts on the same FLY app?

If so when you switch drones you would have to log out of one account and log into the other account.

Funnily enough i did not have to log out or back in every time. I did not try to do that TBH (maybe had I tried that i could have saved some grief?) I was able to simply pick whatever drone i was about to fly by clicking on the connection guide, and it connected.

You made reference earlier in the thread about

That I think is the key. The FLY app is registered to Account A and i was flying one connected to Account B.

Sean, you have again been a great help and I really appreciate it, if there's any way I help you out in the future, please just shout and i'll do my best to help.

Thank you
Mike
2023-8-11
Use props
fanse533b7db
lvl.1

United States

So for the mini 3 and had re-paired it with the controller and rebinded the insurance and then went to the mavic 3 pro and it did not ask me to rebind the coverage for that on the same remote. Is that an issue?
4-28 19:03
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fanse533b7db Posted at 4-28 19:03
So for the mini 3 and had re-paired it with the controller and rebinded the insurance and then went to the mavic 3 pro and it did not ask me to rebind the coverage for that on the same remote. Is that an issue?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Please confirm what specific remote controller you are using with the said products. Kindly follow the steps provided by DJI Gamora on post #3 to check the bind remote controller when using both drones and make sure that the current remote controller you are using is bound on the account.
4-28 19:22
Use props
fanse533b7db
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-28 19:22
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Please confirm what specific remote controller you are using with the said products. Kindly follow the steps provided by DJI Gamora on post #3 to check the bind remote controller when using both drones and make sure that the current remote controller you are using is bound on the account.

I'm talking about the DJI 1. About insurance. I got a popup to rebind the insurance to my mini 3 once I reconnected it to the device after switching it from the Mavic 3 pro. I then switched it back to the Mavic 3 Pro and it didn't give a popup about rebinding the insurance. Now I binded the insurance for the Mavic 3 pro when I connect it to the controller. But what people are saying here is you have to rebind the insurance again when switching drones from the same controller.I didn't get a popup about rebinding the insurance to the Mavic 3 Pro, once I connected it.
4-28 19:46
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fanse533b7db Posted at 4-28 19:46
I'm talking about the DJI 1. About insurance. I got a popup to rebind the insurance to my mini 3 once I reconnected it to the device after switching it from the Mavic 3 pro. I then switched it back to the Mavic 3 Pro and it didn't give a popup about rebinding the insurance. Now I binded the insurance for the Mavic 3 pro when I connect it to the controller. But what people are saying here is you have to rebind the insurance again when switching drones from the same controller.I didn't get a popup about rebinding the insurance to the Mavic 3 Pro, once I connected it.

Thank you for your response. We may need to coordinate this with our relevant team for further clarification. I will keep you posted once we receive an update. We appreciate your patience.
4-29 03:12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fanse533b7db Posted at 4-28 19:46
I'm talking about the DJI 1. About insurance. I got a popup to rebind the insurance to my mini 3 once I reconnected it to the device after switching it from the Mavic 3 pro. I then switched it back to the Mavic 3 Pro and it didn't give a popup about rebinding the insurance. Now I binded the insurance for the Mavic 3 pro when I connect it to the controller. But what people are saying here is you have to rebind the insurance again when switching drones from the same controller.I didn't get a popup about rebinding the insurance to the Mavic 3 Pro, once I connected it.

Thank you for patiently waiting. The DJI Care Refresh is bound to the aircraft. If the DJI Care rights of the two drones are different, a prompt describing the problem will appear, but it will not affect flight use. Feel free to use the unit. Hope this helps.
5-3 00:56
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules