Storage full
2067 15 1-21 07:15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lucas409
New

United States

I have a brand new mini 4 pro, with 256 gb SD cards installed in the remote and the aircraft.  The cards have both been formatted and show there is ample storage space.  The controller says that the Storage is Full on the Aircraft and no matter what I do I can't get the Storage Full info off the screen or find the setting.  Anybody with some knowledge that can help me out?
1-21 07:15
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6406329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

#Quick Reply HerPerhaps you did not switch to the memory card and the internal memory of the drone is full. When you turn on the drone, it should detect the memory card and offer to switch to it, you must agree.e#
1-21 07:22
Use props
Lucas409
New

United States

Reply, I have done that and it shows it recognizes the card.  But the Storage Full message on the main screen of the control won't disappear.
1-21 07:24
Use props
Lucas409
New

United States

Lucas409 Posted at 1-21 07:24
Reply, I have done that and it shows it recognizes the card.  But the Storage Full message on the main screen of the control won't disappear.

it is also a new drone and cards.  Barely flown yet.  
1-21 07:25
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

Lucas409 Posted at 1-21 07:25

Check with another card?
1-21 07:31
Use props
smbishop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2454508 ft
  • >>>
United States

I received this message once when I forgot to put the SD card back in the drone.  I was able to clear it by reformatting the internal memory.  You can also connect the drone to your pc and browse for the files that are filling up the internal memory.
1-21 07:33
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

Lucas409 Posted at 1-21 07:25

You can connect the powered off drone to your computer and you should see the drone's internal drive and memory card. Check and format in exFat system
1-21 07:46
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The controller says that the Storage is Full on the Aircraft and no matter what I do I can't get the Storage Full info off the screen or find the setting.
You've looked at the SD card, but have you looked at the drone's internal memory?

Go here in your app settings (with the drone connected) to see it.
Screenshot_20220610-141248a.jpg
1-21 13:27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, Lucas. We do apologize for the trouble that this has caused. Please make sure that you select the storage location of the footage that you are using. You may refer to the images below. If you still experience the same issue, please upload a short video showing the issue or a screen recording via Google Drive then send the link here so we can check it further. Please keep us posted.

1-21 21:05
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

Just plug your drone into your PC with a usb cable, the PC will recognize it as a drive. Look through the folders and copy what you need off and delete the rest of it and it should clear enough space to make the popup go away.
1-21 23:27
Use props
mikea8000
lvl.1

United States

What do when the dark Grey screen says Please update your device's setting to accept media files...?   I tried several tips on the internet none worked grrr
4-21 14:39
Use props
mikea8000
lvl.1

United States

I have the exact same issue    Hum the USB cable to PC then clicking InterStorage(D might be the easiest answer...seems to be work.   Will keep you posted.
4-21 14:46
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

mikea8000 Posted at 4-21 14:39
What do when the dark Grey screen says Please update your device's setting to accept media files...?   I tried several tips on the internet none worked grrr

Hi there, mikea8000. We also suggest using a microSD card and switching to external on your settings. If you have Mini 4 Pro, here is the list of recommended microSD cards you can use:

Have a nice day.
4-21 20:52
Use props
Hosko
lvl.1
Flight distance : 402119 ft
Australia

Can anyone let me know why it doesn't save to the external SD card automatically. My first major flight with the drone I had no idea I would have to select the option to save to an SD card.

After a while it came up and said that the internal storage was full and would need to use external storage so I agreed to the notification - but nothing after this point has been saved to the SD card?

Is there anyway to recover these files or are they gone?

Not sure why internal storage is the default with an SD card in the aircraft.
5-4 01:19
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

Hosko Posted at 5-4 01:19
Can anyone let me know why it doesn't save to the external SD card automatically. My first major flight with the drone I had no idea I would have to select the option to save to an SD card.

After a while it came up and said that the internal storage was full and would need to use external storage so I agreed to the notification - but nothing after this point has been saved to the SD card?

The drone always prompts you to switch to an SD card when it is installed. The choice is yours, situations are different.
5-4 01:48
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

Hosko Posted at 5-4 01:19

I agreed to the notification - but nothing after this point has been saved to the SD card?
The recording was stopped, you needed to start recording again.
5-4 01:50
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules