how to revert to older firmware
353 15 4-9 13:42
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_QTHDohB9eM3O
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4797949 ft
Australia

Has anyone worked out how to get rid of the after sale restriction of fuctions placed on the mini 2 like the sign into account requirment to remove the resiction flight distance and height? I'm running 1.7.5 DJI Fly app atm.
4-9 13:42
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. For enhanced safety, it is imperative to note that when not connected or logged into the app during flight, the maximum altitude and range of the flight is limited to 98.4 feet (30 meters) and 164 feet (50 meters), respectively. This safety measure applies to DJI Fly and all other apps that are compatible with DJI aircraft. Currently, there is no firmware to revert to disable this function. We kindly request for your patience.
4-9 20:47
Use props
djiuser_QTHDohB9eM3O
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 4-9 20:47
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. For enhanced safety, it is imperative to note that when not connected or logged into the app during flight, the maximum altitude and range of the flight is limited to 98.4 feet (30 meters) and 164 feet (50 meters), respectively. This safety measure applies to DJI Fly and all other apps that are compatible with DJI aircraft. Currently, there is no firmware to revert to disable this function. We kindly request for your patience.

Would you be willing to you be willing to refund me for the aircraft you placed restrictions on after sale? Because it no longer belongs to DJI.The app says my phone is invalid anyway.
4-11 12:03
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_QTHDohB9eM3O Posted at 4-11 12:03
Would you be willing to you be willing to refund me for the aircraft you placed restrictions on after sale? Because it no longer belongs to DJI.The app says my phone is invalid anyway.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Logging in ensures that flight records synchronize with your account, allowing real-time queries when needed. Additionally, it contributes to flight safety by ensuring that the FlySafe Database is periodically updated, which necessitates users to be connected to the Internet. May I know what exact error are you getting when launching the DJI Fly app on your phone and what phone model are you using? Thank you.
4-13 03:22
Use props
djiuser_QTHDohB9eM3O
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 4-13 03:22
Sorry for the inconvenience. Logging in ensures that flight records synchronize with your account, allowing real-time queries when needed. Additionally, it contributes to flight safety by ensuring that the FlySafe Database is periodically updated, which necessitates users to be connected to the Internet. May I know what exact error are you getting when launching the DJI Fly app on your phone and what phone model are you using? Thank you.

The dji fly app wants a phone number or email in order to loggin and it thinks my phone number isn't real. My phone is an A21S. I think it's a good idea that the fly app shows you restricted zones for everyone's safety but that after sale forced sign in fuction is criminal. DJI is not freedom respecting and can never be trusted as far as I'm concerned. DJI has sabotaged and Aircraft that doesn't belong to them. I want compensation so I can invest in another drone. how do I get rid of the update that created this problem for me?
4-14 18:00
Use props
djiuser_QTHDohB9eM3O
lvl.2
Australia

Sorry for the inconvenience. Logging in ensures that flight records synchronize with your account, allowing real-time queries when needed. Additionally, it contributes to flight safety by ensuring that the FlySafe Database is periodically updated, which necessitates users to be connected to the Internet. May I know what exact error are you getting when launching the DJI Fly app on your phone and what phone model are you using? Thank you.

what firmware introduced this loggin? Was this firmware installed on the drone? Is it part of the fly app? what date was it introduced? What was the firmware number and what was the firmware it replaced and were can i download it?
4-14 18:14
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It has always been a requirement to log into the app and or a DJI account. Failure to do so results in the drone being severely range and height restricted.
This is quite clearly stated on page 2 of the manual.

Since you are posting here and have an appreciable mileage you have already been logged into the/an app, though that might have been with the likes of go and go4 and other models of DJI drone. Therefore you have a DJI account and an associated email address, during an attempt to log into the app use that email address rather than your phone number. What you may have encountered is an automated log out.

4-14 22:03
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

djiuser_QTHDohB9eM3O Posted at 4-14 18:14
what firmware introduced this loggin? Was this firmware installed on the drone? Is it part of the fly app? what date was it introduced? What was the firmware number and what was the firmware it replaced and were can i download it?

Bottom line is you are in the club...

You can't install older version of the DJIFly app and the login requirement has always been there...

It has nothing to do with the drone but it is the firmware in the radio controller that does the countdown for the number of days that the unit is not logged into the network... After 90 days of no network, you will be limited to the 30-50 metres flight...
4-15 00:53
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_QTHDohB9eM3O Posted at 4-14 18:14
what firmware introduced this loggin? Was this firmware installed on the drone? Is it part of the fly app? what date was it introduced? What was the firmware number and what was the firmware it replaced and were can i download it?

Hi there. Can you please try using an email associated with your account? The login cannot be disabled and is a part of the app and not the aircraft/controller firmware. If you want to return the aircraft, please refer to this link: https://store.dji.com/pages/help-center-aftersales. It also includes the instructions. Please keep us posted if you need assistance. Sorry for the inconvenience.
4-15 03:36
Use props
djiuser_QTHDohB9eM3O
lvl.2
Australia

Sorry for the inconvenience. Logging in ensures that flight records synchronize with your account, allowing real-time queries when needed. Additionally, it contributes to flight safety by ensuring that the FlySafe Database is periodically updated, which necessitates users to be connected to the Internet. May I know what exact error are you getting when launching the DJI Fly app on your phone and what phone model are you using? Thank you.

I can login with email but app says my phone number isn't a valid phone number even though it is. I can't get a refund because my drone is 3 years old. if your going to bring in authoritarian stuff like this then at least get it right. so is the sign in restriction on the fly app, mini 2 Drone or controller itself and can I get the source code for it?
4-29 08:38
Use props
djiuser_QTHDohB9eM3O
lvl.2
Australia

Burt37 Posted at 4-15 00:53
Bottom line is you are in the club...

You can't install older version of the DJIFly app and the login requirement has always been there...

Someone somewhere must have cracked and disabled it. I want to go off the grid completely and I want my drone to function. Speaking of bottoms, soon we will be getting insert probe now messages from DJI.  
4-29 08:44
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

djiuser_QTHDohB9eM3O Posted at 4-29 08:44
Someone somewhere must have cracked and disabled it. I want to go off the grid completely and I want my drone to function. Speaking of bottoms, soon we will be getting insert probe now messages from DJI.

If you want to read more about it, there are several threads in the forum...

This one in particular has lots of details and links to the other threads...

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;extra=&page=1
4-29 12:55
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_QTHDohB9eM3O Posted at 4-29 08:38
I can login with email but app says my phone number isn't a valid phone number even though it is. I can't get a refund because my drone is 3 years old. if your going to bring in authoritarian stuff like this then at least get it right. so is the sign in restriction on the fly app, mini 2 Drone or controller itself and can I get the source code for it?

Hi there. If I may confirm do you have an account from the phone number you are trying to log in? It will not log in if an account is not created with the phone number you are using.
5-1 01:59
Use props
djiuser_QTHDohB9eM3O
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 5-1 01:59
Hi there. If I may confirm do you have an account from the phone number you are trying to log in? It will not log in if an account is not created with the phone number you are using.

I don't know  if I created an account linked to my phone number. before I tap the login button it says invalid number or something to that effect in red letters. It's the type of thing you would expect when someone develops a faulty app. like input must 10 digits long with the first 3 beginning with XXX or else in valid, totally ignoring that in some countries the phone number will match that criteria.
5-1 23:55
Use props
djiuser_QTHDohB9eM3O
lvl.2
Australia

Burt37 Posted at 4-29 12:55
If you want to read more about it, there are several threads in the forum...

This one in particular has lots of details and links to the other threads...

I reading through it thanks
5-1 23:56
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_QTHDohB9eM3O Posted at 5-1 23:55
I don't know  if I created an account linked to my phone number. before I tap the login button it says invalid number or something to that effect in red letters. It's the type of thing you would expect when someone develops a faulty app. like input must 10 digits long with the first 3 beginning with XXX or else in valid, totally ignoring that in some countries the phone number will match that criteria.

I see. I will get this forwarded to the relevant team. Will it be fine if you show us a screen recording? Thank you.
5-4 02:50
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules