Disable RTH on moving ships
253 13 4-29 04:00
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alihor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 213671 ft
Germany

Hi , how can I disable on a moving ship the RTH function?

4-29 04:00
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can cancel an ongoing RTH at anytime providing you are in control of the drone but I would suggest that our would do better to update the home point to the controller's location every minute or so.
Anything else, including any reason for doing so, sounds like a recipe for disaster.

If the drone actually is a mavic mini then I think you are already on dangerous ground without adding to the risk by cancelling an RTH .
4-29 04:11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If you leave the homepoint unchanged and sail some distance, you'll get to a point where the drone calculates that it has just enough battery for the flight back to the homepoint (ie. where you launched from).
It's easy to prevent that, by resetting the homepoint as you sail to keep it closer to where the boat is rather than way back where you started.
Doing it every minute is unnecessary ... each 5 minutes or so would be fine.

4-29 05:17
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6406329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

In Mini 1 you can use Litchi to control the drone. Litchi has a dynamic point house, it will update automatically every second.
4-29 05:43
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, alihor. Thank you for reaching out. The Low Battery RTH warning cannot be disabled. The aircraft will calculate the estimated battery level required for the aircraft to return to the RTH point. DJI Fly displays a warning when the battery level reaches the value. Please take note of this warning. After the warning, you can cancel RTH and choose not to return home. This warning will not appear again while in flight. Have a nice day.
4-29 22:26
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Serg SSA Posted at 4-29 05:43
In Mini 1 you can use Litchi to control the drone. Litchi has a dynamic point house, it will update automatically every second.

Have you actually tried the dynamic home point in litchi? I keep forgetting to do that lol
4-30 07:54
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6406329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-30 07:54
Have you actually tried the dynamic home point in litchi? I keep forgetting to do that lol

Yes, I tested the dynamic house point on Mavic 2. Everything works correctly.
4-30 10:06
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Serg SSA Posted at 4-30 10:06
Yes, I tested the dynamic house point on Mavic 2. Everything works correctly.

Cool and many thanks for that.
4-30 11:10
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 959892 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

It would actually be nice if DJI Fly had a feature where it kept updating home point. Flying from moving vehicles is probably illegal in many places, but that isn't gonna stop people from doing it, so may as well help them
4-30 11:38
Use props
alihor
lvl.1
Germany

Hi guys,
thank you for your advices and tips. I purchased and installed Litchi App. Looks good.
I will test on my cruise and I will report afterwards.
regards
  Alhard
5-2 01:47
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would suggesting that any experiments are done over safe, dry land. One mistake over water is quite likely to be the last mistake with that drone. Once your have played with it overland and know what to expect then try over water.
5-2 05:43
Use props
alihor
lvl.1
Germany

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-2 05:43
I would suggesting that any experiments are done over safe, dry land. One mistake over water is quite likely to be the last mistake with that drone. Once your have played with it overland and know what to expect then try over water.

Thanks, I will take care and train on ground first.
I don't want to loose my wonderful Mini

5-2 05:54
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

alihor Posted at 5-2 05:54
Thanks, I will take care and train on ground first.
I don't want to loose my wonderful Mini

Some points to remember.
1) You will almost certainly have to hand catch the drone. Practise this first stood still on dry land, cup the fingers of the catching hand and lower the drone into the cup.
However when moving, walking (away from the drone) or sailing, you will almost certainly have to grab the drone, don't miss, if you do the drone will bite you or, if you hit the drone, possibly crash.
2) When you launch the drone, and assuming the boat is moving forward, it is quite likely that the drone will appear to fly backwards, it is not, the boat is moving away from the launch point and the drone is staying still. There is a possiblilty but I think a slim possibility, that the drone's VPS will track the boat and keep the drone over the boat until you command otherwise.

I would suggest hand launching but be aware that the drone is quite likely to sense movement and fight you holding it, be ready for this but don't hold the drone for too long it will be starining to escape and you might cook things.

The same thing applies when you grab it during a landing. Once the drone is securely in your hand tilt it, in roll, to 90deg, so that the blades are vertical, that should stop the motors.
If it does not stop the motors invert the drone.  
Again practise this on dry land.
5-2 06:45
Use props
alihor
lvl.1
Germany

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-2 06:45
Some points to remember.
1) You will almost certainly have to hand catch the drone. Practise this first stood still on dry land, cup the fingers of the catching hand and lower the drone into the cup.
However when moving, walking (away from the drone) or sailing, you will almost certainly have to grab the drone, don't miss, if you do the drone will bite you or, if you hit the drone, possibly crash.

Thank you so much again for your great advices.
I had already a little training in grabbing the drone.
5-2 07:36
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules