firmware update 1.00.0500 ruined my plus batteries
1461 38 4-30 10:09
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
infoaudio-rent.nl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1542323 ft
Netherlands

The aftermarket plus batteries are not useable anymore after update 1.00.0500. The RC2 controller reads "Unable to take off, non-DJI battery". Are there any solutions?  Code 16200502
4-30 10:09
Use props
Rkorell
lvl.3
Germany

Currently NOT!
DJI refuses to sell their plus batteries in EU.
Typical answers from DJI staff members here in this forum in several threads regarding this topic…
„We will check this with our corresponding team“ -
I would really really appreciate that DJI resolve this soon.

Regards,
Ralf
4-30 10:25
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

No, aftermarket batteries are blocked in recent firmware versions.
4-30 13:00
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

We apologize for any inconvenience caused. The issue is due to a failed battery firmware update, resulting in an abnormal state. To restore battery functionality, please install the battery on the aircraft and proceed to update the firmware to the latest version using either the DJI Fly app or DJI Assistant 2. During the firmware update process, please ensure proper ventilation. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. Here is a link to be guided on updating using the DJI Assistant 2: https://support.dji.com/help/con ... ;paperDocType=paper. Have a nice day.
4-30 21:42
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 4-30 21:42
We apologize for any inconvenience caused. The issue is due to a failed battery firmware update, resulting in an abnormal state. To restore battery functionality, please install the battery on the aircraft and proceed to update the firmware to the latest version using either the DJI Fly app or DJI Assistant 2. During the firmware update process, please ensure proper ventilation. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. Here is a link to be guided on updating using the DJI Assistant 2: https://support.dji.com/help/content?customId=en-us03400006835&spaceId=34&re=US&lang=en&documentType=artical&paperDocType=paper. Have a nice day.

Hope you hadn't missed the keyword "aftermarket" in the original post 1#
5-1 00:17
Use props
raynaldcollard
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3209 ft
Canada

We apologize for any inconvenience caused. The issue is due to a failed battery firmware update, resulting in an abnormal state. To restore battery functionality, please install the battery on the aircraft and proceed to update the firmware to the latest version using either the DJI Fly app or DJI Assistant 2. During the firmware update process, please ensure proper ventilation. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. Here is a link to be guided on updating using the DJI Assistant 2: https://support.dji.com/help/content?customId=en-us03400006835&spaceId=34&re=US&lang=en&documentType=artical&paperDocType=paper. Have a nice day.

Ouin, mon mini 4 pro a exigé à la première utilisation une mise à jour de ma batterie + et il refuse maintenant de décoller. J'essaie de faire une autre mise à jour, mais je reçois un message d'échec. Assistant2? Comment je connecte mon drone avec SA sortie et mon port USB ordi.?

En passant, pourquoi ai-je ce problème d'hyper prudence au Canada?
5-3 06:21
Use props
Phong_Vietnam
lvl.1
Vietnam

This problem is also happened to me. I have 2 OEM batteries so now when i put it on my drone it says Non-DJI battery. Hope someone can help me, I dont want to throw my batteries out.
5-3 20:24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Phong_Vietnam Posted at 5-3 20:24
This problem is also happened to me. I have 2 OEM batteries so now when i put it on my drone it says Non-DJI battery. Hope someone can help me, I dont want to throw my batteries out.

Hi there. We do apologize for the trouble that this has caused. Kindly follow the troubleshooting steps below to possibly rectify the issue:

1. Try another battery aside from the 2 batteries that have an issue (if any) for troubleshooting.
2. If the issue is resolved after using another battery, it indicates that the battery is malfunctioning. It is recommended to contact our team at  https://www.dji.com/support to start up a ticket case for your batteries.
3. If the issue persists after multiple battery replacement attempts, it is recommended to wipe the metal contact pins on the battery or the aircraft body with isopropyl alcohol (with a concentration greater than 75%).
4. Try to download the DJI Assistant 2 software and refresh the firmware using the battery installed which has the issue.

Please keep us posted.
5-4 00:09
Use props
infoaudio-rent.nl
lvl.2
Netherlands

The batteries are perfect. The DJI software (the new firmware) is designed  to recognize the batteries as aftermarket, and blocks the use off them.

Like you have a Tesla and you can only use tires from Tesla, ore the car won't start.
5-4 01:47
Use props
MKmini4
lvl.3
Germany

Due to the C certifications and the associated weight limits, I believe it is the only way for DJI to ensure compliance.
DJI cannot know the weight of an aftermarket battery. Furthermore, there are certainly safety concerns regarding the risk of explosion or fire. For these reasons, only original batteries can be used.
I find this approach acceptable.
5-4 02:16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

raynaldcollard@ Posted at 5-3 06:21
Ouin, mon mini 4 pro a exigé à la première utilisation une mise à jour de ma batterie + et il refuse maintenant de décoller. J'essaie de faire une autre mise à jour, mais je reçois un message d'échec. Assistant2? Comment je connecte mon drone avec SA sortie et mon port USB ordi.?

En passant, pourquoi ai-je ce problème d'hyper prudence au Canada?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Please refer to the following link to be guided on how to update your aircraft firmware: https://support.dji.com/help/con ... ;paperDocType=paper. Have a nice day.
5-4 03:05
Use props
infoaudio-rent.nl
lvl.2
Netherlands

MKmini4 Posted at 5-4 02:16
Due to the C certifications and the associated weight limits, I believe it is the only way for DJI to ensure compliance.
DJI cannot know the weight of an aftermarket battery. Furthermore, there are certainly safety concerns regarding the risk of explosion or fire. For these reasons, only original batteries can be used.
I find this approach acceptable.
DJI biedt ondertussen wel de mogelijkheid je mini 4 pro om te certificeren naar C1, waarna het gewicht er niet meer toe doet, tot 500 gram.

Jij sluit de mogelijkheid uit dat het -net als het blokkeren in printers van niet orginele cartridges van Canon, HP, Epson in hun printers, die na een aangespannen rechtzaak weer moesten werken- gewoon een ordinair verdienmodel is, waarvan de klant de dupe is? Ik heb de drone gekocht, die is niet meer van de Chinezen, maar van mij.

DJI now offers the option to certify your mini 4 pro to C1, after which the weight no longer matters, up to 500 grams. You rule out the possibility that - just like the blocking of non-original cartridges from Canon, HP, Epson in their printers, which had to work again after a lawsuit was filed - it is simply an ordinary revenue model, of which the customer is the victim? I bought the drone, it no longer belongs to the Chinese, but to me.
5-4 03:53
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

infoaudio-rent.nl Posted at 5-4 03:53
DJI biedt ondertussen wel de mogelijkheid je mini 4 pro om te certificeren naar C1, waarna het gewicht er niet meer toe doet, tot 500 gram.

Jij sluit de mogelijkheid uit dat het -net als het blokkeren in printers van niet orginele cartridges van Canon, HP, Epson in hun printers, die na een aangespannen rechtzaak weer moesten werken- gewoon een ordinair verdienmodel is, waarvan de klant de dupe is? Ik heb de drone gekocht, die is niet meer van de Chinezen, maar van mij.

I bought the drone, it no longer belongs to the Chinese, but to me.

You're absolutely right about the drone; but unfortunately the FLY app still belongs to DJI

5-4 14:46
Use props
Audio Rent
New

Netherlands

Monkey007 Posted at 5-4 14:46
I bought the drone, it no longer belongs to the Chinese, but to me.

You're absolutely right about the drone; but unfortunately the FLY app still belongs to DJI

It was a firmware update from the drone, that ruiend the batterie's , not an update from the fly app. Firmware 1.00.0500. I know for sure that later with litchi, I shall have the same problem.
5-4 15:58
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Audio Rent Posted at 5-4 15:58
It was a firmware update from the drone, that ruiend the batterie's , not an update from the fly app. Firmware 1.00.0500. I know for sure that later with litchi, I shall have the same problem.

So how exactly did the .500 firmware ruin your aftermarket plus batteries? Isn't it  the FLY app that's blocking the mini4 from taking off? Or it just can't take off, even if you're only connecting the mini4 to the RCN2 without a mobile device connected?
5-4 17:24
Use props
Matheusz
lvl.1
Poland

I have the same problem. I dont remember when I upgraded the firmware previous time but i have done it few days ago. I downgraded to 0400 but it still has the problem. I cannot go back to 0300 from december because it has got an antirollback 1.

It is bad because 0400 and 0500 fix some issues. But I find those batteries 3850mah perfect for the woods and stronger wind.

I asked DJI for the pass off the 120m limit and the C1 stickers, but probably it will fix only the latitude not the heavier batteries.
5-6 04:04
Use props
Lvisz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 913661 ft
Netherlands

DJI what is this then. Fix this and let us use the batteries we want. We are the customer.
5-8 10:09
Use props
infoaudio-rent.nl
lvl.2
Netherlands

Lvisz Posted at 5-8 10:09
DJI what is this then. Fix this and let us use the batteries we want. We are the customer.

hear, hear!
5-8 10:19
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98996 ft
  • >>>
United States

I suspect there are people on "both sides of the fence" on this one, but I cannot blame DJI if aftermarket batteries will no longer work.

They (DJI) have to comply with RID rules regardless of anyone's personal feelings / position on the issue.

That means they have to constrain the platform to their production standard only and cannot support 3rd party "crucial equipment" (batteries) onboard the drone because they have zero control on the quality of manufacturing / compliance for the equipment (battery).

I totally understand this, and I'm at a loss why many do not. It's like asking Nikon to warranty your Canon lenses "just because they fit with the right mount..."
5-8 11:59
Use props
infoaudio-rent.nl
lvl.2
Netherlands

Gulfstream Posted at 5-8 11:59
I suspect there are people on "both sides of the fence" on this one, but I cannot blame DJI if aftermarket batteries will no longer work.

They (DJI) have to comply with RID rules regardless of anyone's personal feelings / position on the issue.

Good example. When I use Tamron lenses on my Canon DSRL I don'nt lose my warrenty.
When I use CLS (I CAN'T) batteries in my DJI mini 4 pro, DJI rejects all responsibility.
My two year care refresh is not valid anymore.
In case off use thirth party parts, DJI is not resposeble for faliures anymore.
5-8 13:08
Use props
infoaudio-rent.nl
lvl.2
Netherlands

infoaudio-rent.nl Posted at 5-8 13:08
Good example. When I use Tamron lenses on my Canon DSRL I don'nt lose my warrenty.
When I use CLS (I CAN'T) batteries in my DJI mini 4 pro, DJI rejects all responsibility.
My two year care refresh is not valid anymore.

Tamron lenses for the Canon camera, no problem.

https://www.tamron.eu/

and Sigma

https://www.sigma-global.com/en/contents/sigma_rfmount_lenses/
5-8 13:13
Use props
Lvisz
lvl.1
Netherlands

I don’t agree. There is a log, right. So for warranty issues this can always be tracked. Rightly so - if damage occurs when fitting non-original parts - warranty voids.

But image you buy a car and you decide to upgrade the brakes during the warranty period. Now your cars’ manufacturer prevents you from starting the car and thus driving it.

And it’s the manufacturers responsibility to provide the consumer with a good product, but it’s the operators’ responsibility to make sure the product is used in the right and compliant way.

Meaning don’t be a bully and let us use the same battery we can use in the Mini 3 (pro)’s in the Mini 4. We have bought your expensive equipment, what the actual bleep.
5-8 13:19
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98996 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lvisz Posted at 5-8 13:19
I don’t agree. There is a log, right. So for warranty issues this can always be tracked. Rightly so - if damage occurs when fitting non-original parts - warranty voids.

But image you buy a car and you decide to upgrade the brakes during the warranty period. Now your cars’ manufacturer prevents you from starting the car and thus driving it.

I understand your position. I was in the automotive (MBZ) industry for a number of years. Here is the MBZ position on how to void your warranty (you can research this fact)...

Damage Due to Accidents, Misuse, or Negligence: Parts damaged due to abuse, misuse, neglect, alteration, or accident, or which have been improperly installed, repaired, lubricated, or used in applications for which they were either not designed or approved by MBUSA.

On many recent (not all) MBZ models if the service reminder illuminates - you're welcome to have the service done elsewhere, but the reminder can only be extinguished at the dealership, and if diagnosis detects non MBZ parts in an area where it's required,  the lamp will not extinguish until the correct part is installed.
5-8 14:41
Use props
infoaudio-rent.nl
lvl.2
Netherlands

Gulfstream Posted at 5-8 14:41
I understand your position. I was in the automotive (MBZ) industry for a number of years. Here is the MBZ position on how to void your warranty (you can research this fact)...

Damage Due to Accidents, Misuse, or Negligence: Parts damaged due to abuse, misuse, neglect, alteration, or accident, or which have been improperly installed, repaired, lubricated, or used in applications for which they were either not designed or approved by MBUSA.

And then the MBZ won't start? You have to arange a car recovery company to take it to the dealer, to install the proper, approved parts?
5-8 16:23
Use props
Lvisz
lvl.1
Netherlands

Gulfstream Posted at 5-8 14:41

And that’s fine as long as the bloody thing starts and drives
5-8 23:04
Use props
lifeisfun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11365 ft
Canada

Oh boy, glad to seen this post, almost purchased some.
Where do you folks get these PLUS batteries at reasonable price?

Thanks
5-9 02:17
Use props
infoaudio-rent.nl
lvl.2
Netherlands

In Europe you can't.
Screenshot_20240509_123346_Chrome.jpg
5-9 02:40
Use props
domo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 776808 ft

United States

Tuxtard Posted at 4-30 13:00
No, aftermarket batteries are blocked in recent firmware versions.

This really sucks..i have 4 $90 + batteries that are my favorites. They will not work anymore..i absolutely want to roll back my firware update
5-10 07:52
Use props
domo
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 5-4 03:05
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Please refer to the following link to be guided on how to update your aircraft firmware: https://support.dji.com/help/content?customId=en-us03400006835&spaceId=34&re=US&lang=en&documentType=artical&paperDocType=paper. Have a nice day.

It's like a robot is answering or AI. It's not hearing you it's ridiculous
5-10 07:56
Use props
domo
lvl.1

United States

I'm pretty sure it's not that all of us. Don't understand it. We understand perfectly.
It just would be nice to get a straight answer if it is just a firmware update issue or it's a mandatory stop. Edge of use on aftermarket batteries.  If so I will sell them for the Mini 3 pro and by 1 OEM N b out ninety dollars
5-10 08:07
Use props
domo
lvl.1

United States

We apologize for any inconvenience caused. The issue is due to a failed battery firmware update, resulting in an abnormal state. To restore battery functionality, please install the battery on the aircraft and proceed to update the firmware to the latest version using either the DJI Fly app or DJI Assistant 2. During the firmware update process, please ensure proper ventilation. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. Here is a link to be guided on updating using the DJI Assistant 2: https://support.dji.com/help/content?customId=en-us03400006835&spaceId=34&re=US&lang=en&documentType=artical&paperDocType=paper. Have a nice day.

Tried refreshing it with the DJI assistant. 2 consumer drone series same stuff module error it will not accept the aftermarket batteries. I really thought it was gonna work there for a minute. And I really had a hard time downloading.  The assistant application and everything it was not a pleasant experience. I tried twice with a fan blowing at the drone. To keep it cool, it just will not work. DJI mean 4 pro. Update failed 1-2-6 V01.00.0500
5-10 09:51
Use props
Lvisz
lvl.1
Netherlands

domo@everything Posted at 5-10 07:52
This really sucks..i have 4 $90 + batteries that are my favorites. They will not work anymore..i absolutely want to roll back my firware update

Yup, unreal this.
5-10 11:36
Use props
Lvisz
lvl.1
Netherlands

domo@everything Posted at 5-10 07:56
It's like a robot is answering or AI. It's not hearing you it's ridiculous

Yeah, same blabla over and over again.
Maybe we’re too direct in communication.
5-10 11:37
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

domo@everything Posted at 5-10 09:51
Tried refreshing it with the DJI assistant. 2 consumer drone series same stuff module error it will not accept the aftermarket batteries. I really thought it was gonna work there for a minute. And I really had a hard time downloading.  The assistant application and everything it was not a pleasant experience. I tried twice with a fan blowing at the drone. To keep it cool, it just will not work. DJI mean 4 pro. Update failed 1-2-6 V01.00.0500

Hi there. If the error 1-2-6 shows up when updating the firmware, we suggest sending the aircraft back to DJI for further diagnosis. It may be a hardware issue. You may submit a repair request here (https://www.dji.com/global/support). The warranty can be applied depending on the assessment's outcome, including your unit's warranty period. Have a nice day.
5-11 03:16
Use props
Chris-9
lvl.1

Spain

lifeisfun Posted at 5-9 02:17
Oh boy, glad to seen this post, almost purchased some.
Where do you folks get these PLUS batteries at reasonable price?

I just bought an original used DJI Plus battery on a well known site just to figure out that this was a battery from another manufacturer.

That battery had the original sticker on it. Quite likely that some people go into some schemes to buy new DJI original battery, switch the stickers, send back the third party battery as-if it were the original battery just to keep the real one. Vendors don't pay attention and resell them as used.

Watch out..

Also - can't wait to see DJI getting fined for breaching an antitrust rule or causing massive waste as a result of their new found policy
5-13 11:12
Use props
lifeisfun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11365 ft
Canada

Chris-9 Posted at 5-13 11:12
I just bought an original used DJI Plus battery on a well known site just to figure out that this was a battery from another manufacturer.

That battery had the original sticker on it. Quite likely that some people go into some schemes to buy new DJI original battery, switch the stickers, send back the third party battery as-if it were the original battery just to keep the real one. Vendors don't pay attention and resell them as used.

Oh boy ...
Thanks for the heads up!
5-13 12:01
Use props
Monkieboy00
lvl.3
Flight distance : 101188 ft

United States

Wow what a dick move on DJI's part. Both of my extended batteries are uselessMy friend has the DJI extended battery and i put it in my drone and it works. So they intentionally are now blocking any nockoff brand batteries.
5-13 13:35
Use props
Dogbert62
New
Flight distance : 10 ft
United States

Lvisz Posted at 5-8 13:19

Is this an aftermarket battery issue only, or do the M3P batteries no longer work in the M4P?
5-13 18:40
Use props
Lvisz
lvl.1
Netherlands

Dogbert62 Posted at 5-13 18:40
Is this an aftermarket battery issue only, or do the M3P batteries no longer work in the M4P?

It’s the non-DJI “Plus” batteries as far as I know.
5-16 14:00
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules