Corrupted SDCard
188 7 5-1 08:07
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Corsairoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 779049 ft
United Kingdom

Has anyone else encountered a weird card corruption in the Mini 3 Pro?

First off, drone and controller up to date with the latest firmware.

Twice in the past couple of months, after flying, I have removed the card from the Drone and put into a card reader only to be told by the PC that the card needs to be formatted and no file system is present.

On both occasions I tried different PC's and different card readers with the same result.  When I run chkdsk on the card it reports as:

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> chkdsk g: /r
The type of the file system is exFAT.
Volume Serial Number is 62CF-3E97
Corruption was found while examining the boot region.
Windows is verifying files and folders...
Windows is verifying file allocations...

Chkdsk x: fails to fix it.

Interestingly, when I put the card back into the drone, the drone still reads the card fine with no errors and I can transfer the files over Quick Connect wifi.

This has now happened twice with different SDCards, one a Lexar and one a Sandisk, both on the approved card list. Once formatted again, the cards both seem to work fine.

So, I suspect that somehow the drone is occasionally corrupting the boot region of the card while writing. I never insert of remove cards with power on. What it MIGHT have been is when I interrupted a a panorama capture by moving one of the sticks. Could that cause a write error to sdcard from the drone?

This is not repeatable, and I have tried. And its only happened twice.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
C

5-1 08:07
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Where are you formatting the card?
If you are doing it in the drone, try formatting in the computer instead.
5-1 14:52
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would not automatically suspect the drone of "corrupting" something on the card.  
5-1 17:03
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Corsairoz. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm which specific microSD cards you're having this issue with? Below are the list of the Recommended microSD Cards:
5-1 19:32
Use props
Corsairoz
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-1 19:32
Hi, Corsairoz. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm which specific microSD cards you're having this issue with? Below are the list of the Recommended microSD Cards:
[view_image]

Gamora

The cards are:
Lexar 1066x 128GB V30 A2   and Sandisk Extreme V30 A2.
Both on the list.

C
5-1 23:45
Use props
Corsairoz
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 5-1 14:52

Formatting in the drone, yes.  I'll switch to formatting in the computer.

Thanks
C
5-2 00:55
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Corsairoz Posted at 5-1 23:45
Gamora

The cards are:

Thanks for the reply, Corsairoz. Aborting shooting generally does not cause SD card writing errors, and the probability is very small. Usually, SD card-related errors can be solved by formatting the SD card. If problems continue to occur frequently after formatting, it is recommended that you try inserting the SD card into a different device for testing to confirm whether the problem is caused by the SD card itself or the aircraft. If there is a problem with the aircraft, you can send the aircraft back for repair.
5-2 22:07
Use props
Blackbuckone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68967 ft
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 5-1 14:52

I was going to say try the other way round, format it again on the drone, but each way would be worth trying.

I had a problem with one of mine, the computer format didn't work but doing it on the drone sorted it out.

Cheers
5-7 03:53
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules