Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12566335 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Did a test on my Mini4pro, all about GPS positions and RTH.

Find a nice area to fly with a easy to spot landmark in Google Earth.
See MarkpointGE picture. Started my flight and in flight land-on this landmark and after took-off again.
So a new Homepoint was set at this landmark position. Number of satellites receiving at landing 30 with a '5' for qualitty. (clear sky above my drone)

Next in flight i selected MasterShots, alsmost at the end a battery RTH, so my drone heading for that landmark to land there.
Great accurate landing as you can see in the video (no RC input by me), did not actually land, just before final land-on i cancelled this landing.

If i plot the GPS Lat Lon data in Google Earth...the real position to the LatLon data in the log is about 7 meter North-East of the landmark.

Is this normal, yes it is!  Drone will return to the position, bc this position is the same position even if it is al few meters off the actual position.
Only if during flight the drone GPS get better data bc of more receiving sats than drone will land not but near the HP position.
(this sometimes seen when started with a minimum sats for white GPS icon, and in flight you get many more widely spread out in the sky sats)

cheers
JJB

GPS1.png
GPS2.png
MarkPoint.png
MarkPointGE.png
5-2 12:04
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>