One battery all 4 LEDs flashing
209 7 5-4 16:02
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BigDave110
lvl.2

United States

One of my 3 batteries will not charge and has all 4 LEDs flashing 3 times per second. Apparently, this is an indication of a battery failure. At one point I saw a battery with only the first two LEDs flashing, possibly indicating an overcharge condition.

The Mini 4 Pro was purchased about 3-4 weeks ago. Each battery has only been through approximately 2-3 charge cycles.

The other two batteries indicate a full charge as expected.

The failing battery was fully charged a few days ago. However when I placed it in the Mini 4 today, no LEDs lit and the unit would not power on. I assumed that battery had gone dead but it will not accept a charge.

5-4 16:02
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. We do apologize for the trouble. Kindly insert the battery that has an issue on your drone, connect your aircraft to your computer and run the DJI Assistant 2 software then update/refresh the firmware. After refreshing the firmware, try to leave again the battery on the charger until it fully charges then check if the issue persists. If you still experience the same issue after doing the troubleshooting steps, please provide us with a short video showing the issue on your battery for further investigation. Please keep us posted.
5-4 19:24
Use props
BigDave110
lvl.2

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-4 19:24
Hi there. We do apologize for the trouble. Kindly insert the battery that has an issue on your drone, connect your aircraft to your computer and run the DJI Assistant 2 software then update/refresh the firmware. After refreshing the firmware, try to leave again the battery on the charger until it fully charges then check if the issue persists. If you still experience the same issue after doing the troubleshooting steps, please provide us with a short video showing the issue on your battery for further investigation. Please keep us posted.

I am not able to power the unit with the defective battery. I used a good battery to run the DJI Assistant and upgrade the firmware. The firmware was installed, however the update did not correct the issue.

I'm including a link to the video showing the indication. The first part of the video shows what the drone is doing with the bad battery. The second part show the charger with the same battery.

https://youtu.be/yIM1R2KPepQ
5-4 21:59
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

BigDave110 Posted at 5-4 21:59
I am not able to power the unit with the defective battery. I used a good battery to run the DJI Assistant and upgrade the firmware. The firmware was installed, however the update did not correct the issue.

I'm including a link to the video showing the indication. The first part of the video shows what the drone is doing with the bad battery. The second part show the charger with the same battery.

Hi, Dave. We're deeply sorry for the trouble. I'm afraid that you may consider sending the battery in for proper diagnostics. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Thank you for your understanding.
5-6 01:37
Use props
BigDave110
lvl.2

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-6 01:37
Hi, Dave. We're deeply sorry for the trouble. I'm afraid that you may consider sending the battery in for proper diagnostics. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Thank you for your understanding.

I have created a service ticket. The service application appears to request the entire drone package as opposed to just the defective battery. Can you confirm that I should return the drone, charger, controller, and batteries, or if I should send only the defective battery?

5-6 06:37
Use props
MKmini4
lvl.3
Germany

In my opinion, it doesn't make sense to send in the entire combo since only one battery is affected.
The defective battery should be sufficient. Perhaps DJI can confirm this.
5-6 07:14
Use props
BigDave110
lvl.2

United States

I confirmed in an online chat that only the battery needed to be sent.

There was some confusion at the UPS store about a warning label for the battery. They claimed that it should be supplied by DJI (the originator of the shipping label). After a lengthy discussion by phone to DJI support, I was told I would receive the stuff I needed "within 24 hours". It did not take 24 hours, however all that occurred was another shipping label issued, still no battery warning label. I manage to get a warning label from UPS that I took home and packaged myself and attached both labels, then successfully submitted for delivery.

I hate to say that it is MUCH too common that dealing with phone support is much help. What I needed from this call was the issuance of a battery warning label that UPS claims should be supplied by the originator of the shipping label. What I got was the original label voided and a new label generated.

After packaging and labeling, I returned to the UPS store and was successful at sending the battery.

I would recommend that someone clarify with DJI service that UPS requires warning labels for lithium batteries and claims that they should be supplied be the same people supplying the shipping label. Perhaps if I had packaged myself and made no mention of lithium polymer batteries, there would have been no issue.
5-6 14:15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

BigDave110 Posted at 5-6 06:37
I have created a service ticket. The service application appears to request the entire drone package as opposed to just the defective battery. Can you confirm that I should return the drone, charger, controller, and batteries, or if I should send only the defective battery?

Thank you for your response. Just send only the battery, Dave no need to send the whole package as the only component with the issue is the battery. Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.
5-11 02:47
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules