New DJI Air 2S Firmware Released (04/11/2024)
44937 174 2022-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iClick
lvl.1
Australia

Mobilehomer Posted at 10-27 05:41
Have you also updated the Fly app to 1.7.8?

Thanks, that solved the problem!
2022-10-27
Use props
tonered
Second Officer
Flight distance : 279383 ft
United States

I like the idea of Remote ID.  No hate there.  But, could you please explain how it was implemented and how it works for DJI drones?

Thanks!
2022-10-28
Use props
rpguy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5738396 ft
United States

First flight with the DJI RC and Air2s :
App crashed after doing a Master Shot sequence. (Will test further)
New Master Shot maneuvers:

* Roll & Fly Forward
* Zoom in/out

Panoramic pictures (sphere) have the blank bar across the top
Remote ID Error quickly popped up and disappeared.

Other than these few things, no issues flying.
Stayed close to home
Fly App 1.7.8
Aircraft Firmware 02.04.2320
RC Firmware 01.02.0000

Remote-ID-Error.JPG
2022-10-28
Use props
rosboy23
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1556713 ft
Bulgaria

After the latest firmware update drone and rc controller does not want to pair. I have flashed again the firmware on both the remote and drone via the dji assitante, however no luck. Still both does not want to pair and find each other.
2022-10-31
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

Assume it's safe to update my Air2s now?  I have updated the mini 3 (don't live in US or care about RID).  would be good to try DJI RC on the Air2s now.
2022-11-1
Use props
djiuser_kXmhlJZlBvmL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1442595 ft
United States

djiuser_DAZdt2F78uYz Posted at 6-18 15:34
after i updated this firmware i have an issue with gimbal. "incompatible gimbal data  code 40012"    no hit no fall not presure or any harm to the drone or gimbal. just after i update had this issue. i tried to refresh firmware and nothing. i tried recalibrate and nothing. damn i dont know what is going on... all steps are done and i really want to rollback firmware but assistant 2 dont give me this option

Updated & I have the exact same problem and issue with the IMU error code 40021.

Anyone have any advice???
2022-11-1
Use props
Roberto Piko
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7750597 ft
Spain

Sugerencia.
Por favor Dji, añada la función de enfoque en el botón de fotografía, y la opción de ajustar el enfoque manual con la rueda derecha.

Suggestion.
Please Dji add focus function on photo button, and option to adjust manual focus with right wheel.
2022-11-1
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_kXmhlJZlBvmL Posted at 11-1 05:41
Updated & I have the exact same problem and issue with the IMU error code 40021.

Anyone have any advice???

Did you update via controller / mobile?  Did my update using pc assistant
2022-11-2
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

Now give the Air 2S maximum speed settings!!
2022-11-2
Use props
djiuser_XKIPZ3F14DyW
lvl.1
United States

New update sucks.  I cannot fly my drone without a phone, or in any other app than the DJI fly app.  I can no longer use DroneLink for takeoff.  Again, I need a phone to fly it because it no longer allows takeoff with only RC remote.
2022-11-3
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 980066 ft
Italy

djiuser_XKIPZ3F14DyW Posted at 11-3 06:24
New update sucks.  I cannot fly my drone without a phone, or in any other app than the DJI fly app.  I can no longer use DroneLink for takeoff.  Again, I need a phone to fly it because it no longer allows takeoff with only RC remote.

Are you seriously willing to fly a DJI drone without a phone ? I would consider this option only in case of an emergency (app crashing and not restarting) and only for bringing him back to home. Flying without the graphical interface makes very difficult to respect all the safety best practices for flying a drone.
2022-11-3
Use props
melman98626
lvl.1

United States

I use the Air 2s for photogrammetry. It's a big part of my job. I use "Dronelink" to fly mapping missions. After this update, I can no longer use Dronelink. I get an error message that says, "Unknown error. (error 180) Cannot take off. Please contact DJI.
2022-11-3
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

Roll back your drone firmware to version that works then.
2022-11-3
Use props
DKGPST
lvl.2
Hong Kong

djiuser_XKIPZ3F14DyW Posted at 11-3 06:24
New update sucks.  I cannot fly my drone without a phone, or in any other app than the DJI fly app.  I can no longer use DroneLink for takeoff.  Again, I need a phone to fly it because it no longer allows takeoff with only RC remote.
It seems that you did not notice the following message. The FAA's Remote ID rule require that the aircraft must broadcast the location of the remote controller, otherwise it cannot take off.

FAA Remote ID Compliance User Guide-FAQ
2.6 What actions do I need to take if I want to comply with the Remote ID rule by upgrading RIDcompliance firmware?

 If you are a user of a DJI remote controller without an integrated GNSS system, such as DJI RC-N1, you need to connect an external device with an integrated GNSS system such as a cell phone or tablet as a location source to it, and must run the DJI flight control app such as DJI Fly in the foreground and always allow the DJI flight control app to obtain its location information.

19. What should I do if I'm using a third-party app based on the DJI Mobile SDK to control the DJI drone?
After you upgrade the RID-compliant firmware, you must use an app developed based on the DJI Mobile SDK that supports the FAA Remote ID to control your drone, otherwise the drone will not be able to take off.

Before the pilot compliance deadline (September 16, 2023), if the app developed based on the DJI Mobile SDK that supports the Remote ID is not yet available, you may use the DJI flight control app to manipulate the drone to take off, and then manually switch to the third-party app developed by DJI Mobile SDK. However, please note that on and after the pilot compliance deadline, you must use an FAA RID-compliant DJI flight control app or an app based on the DJI Mobile SDK that supports the Remote ID to manipulate your drone during the entire flight from takeoff to landing.
DJI provides developers with the DJI Mobile SDK that supports the FAA Remote ID functionality, for detailed APIs information, please visit https://developer.dji.com/mobile-sdk/

2022-11-4
Use props
DKGPST
lvl.2
Hong Kong

melman98626 Posted at 11-3 11:26
I use the Air 2s for photogrammetry. It's a big part of my job. I use "Dronelink" to fly mapping missions. After this update, I can no longer use Dronelink. I get an error message that says, "Unknown error. (error 180) Cannot take off. Please contact DJI.

As DJI said "After you upgrade the RID-compliant firmware, you must use an app developed based on the DJI Mobile SDK that supports the FAA Remote ID to control your drone, otherwise the drone will not be able to take off".

So don't panic, it looks like your “Dronelink” needs to be updated based on the new MSDK.

WISH YOU ALL THE BEST!!
2022-11-4
Use props
fansc6f89bf0
New
Canada

I updated the firmware last night. I went to fly the drone today, and now all my footage has jerky camera movement. Even when I attempt to do a master shot or quick shot. I swapped out the battery and it got a little better. But it’s still ruining ever video I take.
2022-11-8
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

fansc6f89bf0 Posted at 11-8 08:58
I updated the firmware last night. I went to fly the drone today, and now all my footage has jerky camera movement. Even when I attempt to do a master shot or quick shot. I swapped out the battery and it got a little better. But it’s still ruining ever video I take.

Check your "Gain and Expo Tuning" settings for all your flight modes.
2022-11-8
Use props
Makrwanjau
New

Kenya

djiuser_DAZdt2F78uYz Posted at 6-18 15:34
after i updated this firmware i have an issue with gimbal. "incompatible gimbal data  code 40012"    no hit no fall not presure or any harm to the drone or gimbal. just after i update had this issue. i tried to refresh firmware and nothing. i tried recalibrate and nothing. damn i dont know what is going on... all steps are done and i really want to rollback firmware but assistant 2 dont give me this option

Hello.did you find a solution for this?
i am having the same problem..
2022-11-17
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21307762 ft
Spain

When will such an update come to Mavic Air 2?
Will it also be compatible with Remote ID and such?
2022-11-23
Use props
LFLots
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10434964 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

[SOLVED - BUG FOUND] Extreme Saturation and Contrast after update

The transmission image of standart profile is EXTREMELY SATURATED and CONTRASTED after this update (Nov/2022) on my Air2S, to a point that makes it dificult to see where I am flying. This happens on RCPro and RC-N1 (phone). Same happened with a friend that also has Air2S/RCPro. The saved image on the micro SD card is ok though. Image transmission of dlog is also ok. Anyone else experiencing this?

Fly App Firmware 1.8.0
Air2S Firmware: 02.04.2320
RCN1 firmware 04.12.0060

*** SOLVED:It is necessary to turn off the "color assist" (not sure how this is written on the english app). This is a LUT applied to preview the dlog footage with "normal" colors, but there seems to be a bug where it is being applyed to the standart profile as well. This button is not available when you select the standart profile (because it should never be applyed to it), so you have to go to dlog to disable it.

Screenshot_20221126-150658.jpg
2022-11-26
Use props
djiuser_scbuMRc07PCc
lvl.1

United States

Has anyone had issues after this update?  My air 2s no longer works.  I’m getting an Unable to take off  Code 30064. I called tech support and they told me to remove the SD card and restart the controller and drone.  Nothing seems to be working.

Update: After installing the new firmware the fly app itself needed an update. All working now.
2022-11-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Update worked fine and I took Air 2S for a short flight and didn't notice any issues with this FW update.  

I have no idea what "bugs got fixed" but thanks for the update anyway.  
2022-12-13
Use props
LoveYou
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19819324 ft
Greece

No info no update
2022-12-13
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hmm, yes bugs fixed but no details on what bug(s). Will update my A2S and go for a test flight later...
2022-12-13
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Italy

As usual ... Some bugs fixed, some new bugs added ...
2022-12-13
Use props
LeBang
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1042448 ft
Vietnam

No new feature...... ex: Cruise Control or waypoint
2022-12-13
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Seems to me the only difference is that AirSense might work a little better?
2022-12-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 12-13 10:49
Seems to me the only difference is that AirSense might work a little better?

When I test flew with the new FW update this AM there were no planes anywhere around so not sure if AirSense is working better or not.  To be honest I really did notice anything different about the FW update.  

It didn't have me update each battery though like it has in the past.  
2022-12-13
Use props
LoveYou
Second Officer
Greece

LeBang Posted at 12-13 10:36
No new feature...... ex: Cruise Control or waypoint

No Cruise Control or Waypoints
2022-12-13
Use props
Walt Air 2s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 277037 ft
United States

Remember fella's this is a update FOR A AIR 2S
2022-12-13
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Walt Air 2s Posted at 12-13 12:24
Remember fella's this is a update FOR A AIR 2S

We need waypoints on the Air 2S.
2022-12-13
Use props
Rainbow Drones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1155663 ft
  • >>>
United States

LoveYou Posted at 12-13 03:43
No info no update

Same here. I’ll just wait on this one
2022-12-13
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

THANK YOU DJI!  You fixed THOSE bugs!!!  
2022-12-13
Use props
LoveYou
Second Officer
Greece

TonyPHX Posted at 12-13 14:05
THANK YOU DJI!  You fixed THOSE bugs!!!

What bugs;
2022-12-13
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24597297 ft
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 12-13 12:50
We need waypoints on the Air 2S.

As long as they can use that feature to convince you to buy a more expensive drone, they will never add it to the lower end drones?
2022-12-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Do we have any idea what bugs they fixed in this release?
2022-12-14
Use props
LoveYou
Second Officer
Greece

blue_canyon21 Posted at 12-13 20:22
As long as they can use that feature to convince you to buy a more expensive drone, they will never add it to the lower end drones?

Or buy Autel Robotic EVO?
2022-12-14
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Italy

Mobilehomer Posted at 12-13 12:50
We need waypoints on the Air 2S.

I've them using Maven Pilot app. Frankly speaking, the commercial policy of DJI is pretty clear: some capabilities are considered as "Premium" and they're available only on the top models (= Mavic 3). The only thing I expect from DJI for the Air 2S is the C1 marking. And I'm not sure they'll do it.
2022-12-14
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Exactly.  What bugs indeed!!!  
2022-12-14
Use props
Rainbow Drones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1155663 ft
  • >>>
United States

FabioV Posted at 12-14 10:09
I've them using Maven Pilot app. Frankly speaking, the commercial policy of DJI is pretty clear: some capabilities are considered as "Premium" and they're available only on the top models (= Mavic 3). The only thing I expect from DJI for the Air 2S is the C1 marking. And I'm not sure they'll do it.

Do you like using Maven? I was thinking about giving it a try just to change things up.
2022-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules