DJI Flysafe database error
38127 609 2021-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Buster1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 677028 ft
United States

Are you guys with the database error all using DJI Assistant? It seems everyone with the error is using that. I’ve only used the DJI App since I bought mine and not had any problems.
2021-6-10
Use props
djiuser_qVZq6PXYQs6Y
lvl.1
Germany

Hi,

good point: the way of updating is obsolete. Tried: Windows 10, MacOS BigSur, iOS, IPadOS....the result is everywhere the same. Your updating the Firmware of the drone (understandable) but not the version of the Fly Safe Db.

Cheers
2021-6-10
Use props
fans13930b21
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Susan Posted at 6-10 02:29
Hi there, for users who are still experiencing the issue, please help to provide the following info for further investigation:
1. When did you purchase the drone? Did you experience the same issue in May?
2. If you have ever updated the fly safe database via DJI Assistant 2, please provide the version of the DJI Assistant 2 on your computer and a screenshot of the system of your computer;

Hi Susan,

1. 23rd of april, no issues until 2 days ago.
2. I'm not sure. The DJI Assistant app on MacOs isn't working that good. Firmware updates are done on my iPad/iPhone or my Microsoft Surface running windows 10.
3. 01.00.01.23
4. without a problem

I hope this can be fixed asap. The weather is great for flying now...
kind regards,
Roy
2021-6-10
Use props
fans13930b21
lvl.2
Netherlands

Buster1 Posted at 6-10 03:29
Are you guys with the database error all using DJI Assistant? It seems everyone with the error is using that. I’ve only used the DJI App since I bought mine and not had any problems.

I've tried multiple options (after the error). But I guess it all stopped working because of the Assistant app.
2021-6-10
Use props
djiuser_c6owqj0SAp1C
lvl.1

Switzerland

Hi Susan,

1. 14.05.21, No it was flying perfectly until connecting with DJI Assistant 2 for update.
2. The only update possible with DJI was with the account provided to 01.01.2401. Tried it on every possible System (Windows 10 , Big Sur,OSX)
3. 01.00.01.23
4. No problem at all. Could fly as intended.

I think the problem has to do with the Fly Safe Database not getting overwritten or updated by the upgrade / downgrade to the different version. Since the File may be corrupt and the firmware update is not replacing the data it still remains in the Database error.  This is just my thought im not sure if thats the case but it seems like it.

Cheers
2021-6-10
Use props
djiuser_qVZq6PXYQs6Y
lvl.1
Germany

Hi,

fully agree. It's reproducable that, doesn't matter to which Firmware version for the drone ur up or downgrading, the Fly Safe Db is staying Version 01.00.01.23. Including the error it's producing.

Cheers
2021-6-10
Use props
bugur72
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6115 ft
Turkey

I think there is a communication problem between forum moderators and factory tech workers. one of our friends wrote that new firmware will be released in 2 day said by dji support.  My paper weight still not flying. first unflying drone in the history ! As an advice for technicians " you can buy a new unflying drone and update it from dji asistant 2 and you can see FLYDATABASE ERROR İN RED RIGHT CORNER OF THE GOOGLE". NO need to ask people's story of their unflying fpv's !  If your not able to solve this problem so you can call back all your fpv's back as the other BIG BRANDS !
2021-6-10
Use props
runrunforrun
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4557 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Is everyone who has the issue, the aircraft firmware 01.01.24.01?
2021-6-10
Use props
djiuser_qVZq6PXYQs6Y
lvl.1
Germany

yes, as far as I collected the infos so far
2021-6-10
Use props
djiuser_I7xDduFfca2d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2164570 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

At this stage, I'm just sending mine to DJI directly for repair. Have tried literally everything and still have the issue.  So frustrating, though mine is under warranty so should be fine.
2021-6-10
Use props
m.c.littlewood
lvl.1

South Africa

Same here.New drone and goggles, only flown 3 batteries - so all my apps ect are uptodate

When are you going to fix this DJI?

from the youtube links look as if this has been going on for over a month with no resloution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw1imj_uh0o&t=1s

2021-6-10
Use props
Brad Flying
lvl.2
Australia

If they would at least acknowledge there is an issue facing many hundreds possibly thousands of users, we might be able to wait for a fix. They can easily reproduce this issue themselves. But the wall of silence is telling. Mine is going back for a refund, not a replacement.
2021-6-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello all, thank you very much for getting back with the details, I am checking the issue with our engineers. Once there is an update, I will get back to you. Deeply sorry again for the inconvenience.
2021-6-10
Use props
fans13930b21
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Susan Posted at 6-10 22:20
Hello all, thank you very much for getting back with the details, I am checking the issue with our engineers. Once there is an update, I will get back to you. Deeply sorry again for the inconvenience.

Hi Susan,
I don't mean to be rude here but could you please ask for a response from the engineers which is not the regular: 'we're working on it' reply? I would like to know what the issue is and most of all, how long they are expecting it to take before we can get back to flying?
2021-6-10
Use props
fanscfbb6fe6
lvl.1

United States

fans13930b21 Posted at 6-10 23:03
Hi Susan,
I don't mean to be rude here but could you please ask for a response from the engineers which is not the regular: 'we're working on it' reply? I would like to know what the issue is and most of all, how long they are expecting it to take before we can get back to flying?

I just updated to the 1.00.24 version through the DJI_after sales login and I still have the Flysafe database error. Brand new unit, just got it yesterday. Haven’t been able to turn the motors on. Had to update thru the Fly app because the DJI assistant software on my Mac wouldn’t   work. It would download the firmware but wouldn’t install it.
2021-6-10
Use props
fans13930b21
lvl.2
Netherlands

fanscfbb6fe6 Posted at 6-10 23:08
I just updated to the 1.00.24 version through the DJI_after sales login and I still have the Flysafe database error. Brand new unit, just got it yesterday. Haven’t been able to turn the motors on. Had to update thru the Fly app because the DJI assistant software on my Mac wouldn’t   work. It would download the firmware but wouldn’t install it.

My Mac also doesn't update the firmwares. I've read a lot of stories about people who can't upgrade the FW like that. Seems to be easier on windows or a mobile device.
2021-6-10
Use props
fanscfbb6fe6
lvl.1

United States

fans13930b21 Posted at 6-10 23:15
My Mac also doesn't update the firmwares. I've read a lot of stories about people who can't upgrade the FW like that. Seems to be easier on windows or a mobile device.

And I can’t seem to rollback to the previous firmware thru the app either. May have to try this on a windows laptop I guess. Any idea why I still would have the same error after upgrading the that newest firmware?
2021-6-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans13930b21 Posted at 6-10 23:03
Hi Susan,
I don't mean to be rude here but could you please ask for a response from the engineers which is not the regular: 'we're working on it' reply? I would like to know what the issue is and most of all, how long they are expecting it to take before we can get back to flying?

Hi, I understand your feeling and we also hope the issue can be solved very soon.
We tried to reproduce the same error at our side based on the feedback provided, but we could not replicate the same issue.
To help for further investigation, could you please connect the drone to DJI Assistant 2 and export the flight log from the drone? Thank you very much for your cooperation.
2021-6-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi, I am deeply sorry that we tried to reproduce the same error on our end based on the feedback provided, but we could not replicate the same issue.
To help for further investigation, could you please connect the drone to DJI Assistant 2 and export the flight log from the drone? Please upload the files to Dropbox or Google Drive and provide the link to me. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
2021-6-11
Use props
djiuser_qVZq6PXYQs6Y
lvl.1
Germany

Hi Susan,

where you would like to have the file uploaded?

Honestly, this error is really to reproduce:
1. Take a stock drone like its in the shops
2. Connect it and initiate Update to 01.01.2401 which is including the update to Fly Safe Db Version 01.00.01.23 -- Fly Safe Error
3. Downgrade back 01.01.00.00 Stock Firmware -- Fly Safe Db Version 01.00.01.23 -- Fly Safe Error
4. Upgrade back to 01.01.24.01 -- Fly Safe Db stays 01.00.01.23 -- Fly Safe Db Error

And yes, I'm a Dev and I'm working daily with QA teams

It would be fine enough to have a stock firmware 01.01.00.00 also rolling back the fly safe Db to its origin, Susan. At least for the beginning. It can't be that complicated.

Cheers

Manuel
2021-6-11
Use props
djiuser_qVZq6PXYQs6Y
lvl.1
Germany

...to add:

It seems to me, that the Firmware Update mechanism is not touching the Fly Safe Db in any case or its a issue in the DJI Assistant and Fly Tool, because both behaving the same.
And yes, I'm also close on giving it back, but honestly I like to product and...I would like to to see it fly.

@Susan, If it helps..ping me directly via PM: I'm fine to give more inside directly.

Important now is, not to waste time and jump from day to day because of Community messages.
2021-6-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_qVZq6PXYQs6Y Posted at 6-11 01:45
Hi Susan,

where you would like to have the file uploaded?

Thank you very much for your reply, please upload the files to Dropbox or Google Drive.
2021-6-11
Use props
djiuser_qVZq6PXYQs6Y
lvl.1
Germany

Hi Susan,

uploaded already to DropBox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dho2vhj79pzac8g/DJI_FPV_Drone_2021-06-08_22-58-15.zip?dl=0
2021-6-11
Use props
fans13930b21
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Susan Posted at 6-11 01:34
Hi, I understand your feeling and we also hope the issue can be solved very soon.
We tried to reproduce the same error at our side based on the feedback provided, but we could not replicate the same issue.
To help for further investigation, could you please connect the drone to DJI Assistant 2 and export the flight log from the drone? Thank you very much for your cooperation.

I've already done that twice. So the techs should have that.
2021-6-11
Use props
runrunforrun
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4557 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Using the latest version of DJI Assistant 2 software to to all update works, dont use the older version. I dont have that probelm, everything goes successfully. I did update from version 21 to version 23 via the latest version of DJI Assistant 2 downloaded from the official website.
2021-6-11
Use props
djiuser_qVZq6PXYQs6Y
lvl.1
Germany

@runrunforrun: Which version of the DJI Assistant ur referring too? Version 2.1.1 is the actual available one
2021-6-11
Use props
fanscfbb6fe6
lvl.1

United States

So here's where Im at.  Brand new drone.  I made the mistake of updating all the firmware when I got it.  I have never flown it and haven't even gotten the motors to spool up.  The Flysafe error is the main issue.  I got it to update to the 01.01.2401 version, but still have the fly safe error along with the goggle firmware error.  I wasn't able to do that update via the DJI assistant on my Mac, I had to do it through the Fly app.  Now I can't get it to downgrade in any way.  I don't have the option to do so via the Fly app.  

I have uninstalled the app on my phone and my Mac, reinstalled it to no avail.
I even tried the Assistant on a windows computer and it won't downgrade there either, I keep getting a 5-100-4 error, same as on my Mac.
Ive tried different USB C cables too, no luck

I am about to box this thing back up and ship it back, it's never flown and by the looks of it this issue is a month old with no fix.  We keep getting the "Im sorry, we're working on it" excuse.
2021-6-11
Use props
djiuser_qVZq6PXYQs6Y
lvl.1
Germany

Hi,

while browsing a bit around in the filesystem of the drone..Can somebody do us a big favor and upload somewhere the dji file which is located on the microSD in the folder /MISC/GIS/dji.* (Database File).

But please one of you where it is working ;)

I'm not sure about where the drone is saving it's Fly Safe Db and I agree that it's working without a SD Card in it, but ... a try is a try..
2021-6-11
Use props
fans13930b21
lvl.2
Netherlands

djiuser_qVZq6PXYQs6Y Posted at 6-11 03:21
Hi,

while browsing a bit around in the filesystem of the drone..Can somebody do us a big favor and upload somewhere the dji file which is located on the microSD in the folder /MISC/GIS/dji.* (Database File).

That's interesting to check. I'm doing the upgrade/downgrade thing without a SD card in the drone/goggles now.
2021-6-11
Use props
fans13930b21
lvl.2
Netherlands

fans13930b21 Posted at 6-11 04:22
That's interesting to check. I'm doing the upgrade/downgrade thing without a SD card in the drone/goggles now.

Doesn't work.... Anybody tried the 00.05.1806 firmware in the account?
2021-6-11
Use props
djiuser_qVZq6PXYQs6Y
lvl.1
Germany

Hi,

nope. I was thinking about it, but ... I was concerned because its a even lower version then the original stock.
2021-6-11
Use props
fans13930b21
lvl.2
Netherlands

djiuser_qVZq6PXYQs6Y Posted at 6-11 04:46
Hi,

nope. I was thinking about it, but ... I was concerned because its a even lower version then the original stock.

true... I've tried it. It does boot up, and send video to the goggles but doesn't want to do anything because the firmware for the goggles is too high.

I just did an upgrade on the aftersales account for both the goggles (01.01.22.01) and the aircraft (01.01.24.01), that looses the video connection, but thats back after a reboot. The drone doesn't wants to fly because the goggles firmware is too low, and also shows the fly safe database error.
After I downgraded my drone to 00.05.18.06, still no luck, tried the goggles back to 01.01.00.00, also no luck. So I guess I've tried all the possible combinations.
Everything without an SD card.
2021-6-11
Use props
djiuser_qVZq6PXYQs6Y
lvl.1
Germany

Thanks @fans13930b21: This means, Susan, the "External DJI QA departement" is able to reproduce this error again and again and again..

Now it's up to you, DJI, but be also informed about that this topic is not a Forum topic anymore. The press in Europe & US is already warning to buy DJI drones and/or updating them.
2021-6-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_qVZq6PXYQs6Y Posted at 6-11 04:46
Hi,

Hi there, I am sorry that the drone may need to be sent to our service center to solve the issue.
Please start an online service request at https://repair.dji.com/repair/index, or contact our support via email at http://www.dji.com/support to start a case.
Apologize again for the inconvenience caused.
2021-6-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans13930b21 Posted at 6-11 02:34
I've already done that twice. So the techs should have that.

Hi there, I am sorry that the drone may need to be sent to our service center to solve the issue.
Please start an online service request at https://repair.dji.com/repair/index, or contact our support via email at http://www.dji.com/support to start a case.
2021-6-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi all, for users who experience the error, I am sorry to tell that it is not able to solve remotely, the drone may need to be sent to our service center to solve the issue.
For users that have no issues, please first check if the firmware of the drone, controller, goggles, DJI Fly app, and DJI Assistant 2 have been updated to the latest version, then update the fly safe database.
2021-6-11
Use props
fans13930b21
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Susan Posted at 6-11 05:33
Hi all, for users who experience the error, I am sorry to tell that it is not able to solve remotely, the drone may need to be sent to our service center to solve the issue.
Please start an online service request at https://repair.dji.com/repair/index, or contact our support via email at http://www.dji.com/support to start a case.

Do we need to send the aircraft only or also the goggles?
2021-6-11
Use props
fans13930b21
lvl.2
Netherlands

BTW, it sucks... again it's friday. It takes 2 business days to send me the shipping label.. so I cant send until tuesday/wednesday...
2021-6-11
Use props
djiuser_c6owqj0SAp1C
lvl.1

Switzerland

fans13930b21 Posted at 6-11 06:22
BTW, it sucks... again it's friday. It takes 2 business days to send me the shipping label.. so I cant send until tuesday/wednesday...

Totaly agree.. really bad experience buying this drone from DJI.. saddly
2021-6-11
Use props
RoyBeukers
lvl.2
Netherlands

Are we going to get compensation for this? I have the DJI care, which runs for a year, but if the repair goes fast I havn't been able to fly for a month... if the repair goes slow even longer. But this damage is not inflicted by me, but by DJI. So I think the DJI care should at least be extended by the time you havn't been able to fly. This is not normal waranty because the drone has been flying but you broke it...
2021-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules