New DJI Air 2S Firmware Released (04/11/2024)
44829 174 2022-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 980066 ft
Italy

Rainbow Drones Posted at 12-14 11:44
Do you like using Maven? I was thinking about giving it a try just to change things up.

I purchased it for adding some capability to the Mini 2. Now the Air 2s provides most of them and having purchased the RC, I’m not using Maven anymore. But it works, it's not expensive and I think you can give it a try.
2022-12-14
Use props
photodrifter
lvl.1

United States

I resolved my "Unable to take off" Code 30064 by going into Settings/Personal/Location and changing the Mode to High Accuracy.  Then it acknowledged my GPS was on.  I hope this helps others.

Edit:  It doesn't think my RC GPS is on, even though all of the GPS options in Profile/Privacy are turned to blue.  It won't let me download maps, and I suspect that's why it won't let me fly.
After updating my Air 2S, I keep getting "Unable to take off" (Code 30064).   I have rebooted, calibrated, unbound/rebound, turned the GPS off and on, ensured wifi is on, etc.  I have 12-15 satellites on the monitor.  Please help!  I am scheduled to go out-of-the-country with my drone next week and I need it! Thanks!
I should add that I'm using the Air 2S with the Smart Remote Controller and I own a Mac, not a PC.  I tried to update the DJI Fly app on my iPhone, but it just keeps telling me it's not connected to the drone and giving me pics of the remote control that works with a phone attached.  I don't own one of those.  Can I connect my iPhone by itself and use it as a controller?  If not, how do I update the software on a Mac?

Thanks for your help!

2022-12-15
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Italy

I suggest to refresh the firmware from a PC  using the DJI Assistant
2022-12-15
Use props
Omnitonic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24039 ft

United States

photodrifter Posted at 12-15 04:43
After updating my Air 2S, I keep getting "Unable to take off" (Code 30064).   I have rebooted, calibrated, unbound/rebound, turned the GPS off and on, ensured wifi is on, etc.  I have 12-15 satellites on the monitor.  Please help!  I am scheduled to go out-of-the-country with my drone next week and I need it! Thanks!

The same thing happened here. I got 30064. I tried all the same things you did, to no avail. My drone is now a brick.

2022-12-15
Use props
fansb4f50ec1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 13897156 ft
Canada

Omnitonic Posted at 12-15 12:14
The same thing happened here. I got 30064. I tried all the same things you did, to no avail. My drone is now a brick.

Are you running the latest version of the DJI Fly app?  Some reports indicate that old versions will cause this error.
2022-12-15
Use props
djiuser_zE1sbl0AiDQB
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4522976 ft
Latvia

Check for latest version of DJI Fly app 1.9.0  and latest remote firmware upgrade.
2022-12-15
Use props
photodrifter
lvl.1

United States

FabioV Posted at 12-15 04:55
I suggest to refresh the firmware from a PC  using the DJI Assistant

I only own a Mac and it doesn't seem to work on it.  What other options do I have?  Thanks!
2022-12-15
Use props
photodrifter
lvl.1

United States

I figured it out on mine, I hope this works for you.  Under Settings/Personal/Location, I had to change my Mode to High Accuracy.  Only then, did it think my GPS was on and it allowed me to fly.  Good luck!
2022-12-15
Use props
Aerial Moments
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1460653 ft
Greece

LeBang Posted at 12-13 10:36
No new feature...... ex: Cruise Control or waypoint

Yeap.. DJI we would like theses, please !
2022-12-15
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

photodrifter Posted at 12-15 15:30
I only own a Mac and it doesn't seem to work on it.  What other options do I have?  Thanks!

Get the version on this page - https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series - it works on my mac, running the latest macos.
2022-12-17
Use props
photodrifter
lvl.1

United States

sduck Posted at 12-17 13:59
Get the version on this page - https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series - it works on my mac, running the latest macos.

Thanks for your help!!
2022-12-19
Use props
davidsiqueirosme.com
New

United States

I spoke with Marvin in Tech Support on 12/11/2022 about the DJI RC (not the DJI RC Pro) controller being compatible with the Mavic Air 2 (NOT 2S) and I was told the controller would work in the combination. I have not seen anything on the DJI website the confirms the integrity of the info that the DJI RC (not the DJI RC Pro) works with the Mavic Air 2. (NOT 2S). Can DJI confirm after firmware updates that the DJI RC will work with a Mavic Air 2?
2022-12-19
Use props
izzikio_rage
lvl.2
Flight distance : 808068 ft
United States

Just got a notification for the new firmware. Some forums were saying it bricks the RC-NC1 controller. I'm due to travel, can someone advise if i should do these updates
Screenshot_20221223_100522.jpg
2022-12-22
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Italy

This firmware is out since 10 days and on this forum nobody complained about the issue you described. Of course an update to the RC-N1 firmware is also required to keep it working with the updated Air 2S.
2022-12-23
Use props
djiuser_Maz32BDD8cS9
lvl.3
Flight distance : 407159 ft
Vietnam

Hi guys

1 month has passed and dji has not come up with anything smarter than to send such a letter, after an authorized center in Vietnam wrote to them about repairing a defective mavic3 copter ...

1. a letter from the dji center in Vietnam to dji himself - it took them 1 month to connect with each other, this is the highest level of communication that I have seen for his 43 years of life))

2. letter dji's response to 1 letter, when they all got sick on the eve of Christmas, so to speak, the staff ran out, apparently it was hard to stretch that cable to Vietnam to write to their own dji authorized center.

3. I appeal to dji fans who will stand up for dji, I believe that you sincerely love the products that dji produces.  But the fact remains that dji has a defect in the products they produce and there is a huge problem with support in the world. Personally, I will think 7 times before buying the next new product from dji, since I have a negative experience of buying a defective mavic3 copter and as a result, dji's unwillingness to solve this problem promptly, I will remind you that the replacement of the gimbal and camera can be carried out in 2 hours, but 1 month has passed and dji is not able to agree, to convey clearly and clearly to his the client and to the DJI center algorithm of actions! This is a fact! About my spoiled emotional state on Christmas Eve, I'd rather keep silent or you'll throw slippers))

1 email

Dec 23, 2022, 15:20 GMT+8

Dear Alexiss,

Sorry for the late reply. As we are holding the Mavic 3 unit which belongs to Mr. Sergey and we have the Gimbal and Camera module in stock, we are willing to help him solve the issue as soon as possible for his convenience.
We only have one question - if we create a normal Local In-Warranty repair case, how will DJI confirm and return us with the other ....$?

Mr. Sergey's Mavic 3 unit will be handled for repair as soon as we receive the solution from you.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best Regards,
DJI Authorized Service Center Vietnam.

2 email

DJI Support (DJI Support)

Dec 23, 2022, 20:10 GMT+8

Dear Customer,

Thanks for your email.
We are sorry to tell you that due to recent update of our public health policy, we are taking measures to make sure the agents and staffs remain as healthy as possible. Now it's a challenging times for us as some of our team members are away from work due to health condition.

We apologize in advance for any delay that might happen to the recent cases. We will get back to you at the earliest concern as soon as the workforce resume.

Thank you for your cooperation in helping us do our best to provide you with satisfying services.
Have a nice day!

Best Regards
Becky

Merry Christmas to everyone!

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid2927799
2022-12-23
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Italy

djiuser_Maz32BDD8cS9 Posted at 12-23 20:00
Hi guys

1 month has passed and dji has not come up with anything smarter than to send such a letter, after an authorized center in Vietnam wrote to them about repairing a defective mavic3 copter ...

I understand your disappointment, but I don't think that spamming your complaints across multiple threads may help you solving your issues. Merry Christmas.
2022-12-24
Use props
Zampetas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 223425 ft
Greece

with this firmware update.. the signal is low.. and the streaming image corrupts... i flew yesterday and at distance 200m and high 60.. the image corrupts.. my mobile is iphone 13 with the latest ios version and latest dji fly version.. (aircraft v02.04.25.00). In addition to the app asked me to input my mobile phone number in order to unlock to fly in the area.. but.. the area wasnt normaly locked..
2022-12-24
Use props
Zampetas
lvl.2
Greece

izzikio_rage Posted at 12-22 20:37
Just got a notification for the new firmware. Some forums were saying it bricks the RC-NC1 controller. I'm due to travel, can someone advise if i should do these updates

dont do it anything!!
2022-12-24
Use props
djiuser_Maz32BDD8cS9
lvl.3
Flight distance : 407159 ft
Vietnam

FabioV Posted at 12-24 01:29
I understand your disappointment, but I don't think that spamming your complaints across multiple threads may help you solving your issues. Merry Christmas.

Well, a man for a month dji can't solve a problem that is solved at once two in two hours. I hope dji will treat its customers better in the new year who buy expensive toys that at one point become useless due to factory defects.  And Merry Christmas to you!
2022-12-24
Use props
izzikio_rage
lvl.2
Flight distance : 808068 ft
United States

Zampetas Posted at 2022-12-24 10:14
with this firmware update.. the signal is low.. and the streaming image corrupts... i flew yesterday and at distance 200m and high 60.. the image corrupts.. my mobile is iphone 13 with the latest ios version and latest dji fly version.. (aircraft v02.04.25.00). In addition to the app asked me to input my mobile phone number in order to unlock to fly in the area.. but.. the area wasnt normaly locked..

Have heard of the issues in signal strength but the issues in inputting numbers to fly is new. Will hold off a bit, hopefully the next update fixes stuff
2023-1-2
Use props
hunghcm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 738 ft

Vietnam

Overview:
Date: 2022.12.13
Aircraft Firmware: v02.04.25.00
RC-N1 Remote Controller: v04.12.01.00
DJI RC Remote Controller: V01.02.0200
DJI RC Pro Remote Controller: V03.01.1200
DJI Fly App iOS: v1.9.0
DJI Fly App Android: v1.9.0

What’s New?
Fixed some bugs.

Notes:
If the update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series), and retry.

AFTER updating with version, our RC Remote controller lost signal with flycam. My friends have same problem with air2s, pls fix soon

How can i dowgrade to old firmware ?
2023-1-2
Use props
Reaper106
lvl.1
United States

Hi all, new user here. I have a Mini 3 Pro as well as I just picked up a new Air 2s. I have not activated it yet as I bought a 2nd DJI RC to go with it, that wont be delivered until tomorrow.
I am not sure exactly but from what I've read you want your main controller to be the one the drone is bound to so that is why I am waiting.

The main question I had is- is this new firmware causing wide spread issues? Should I wait to activate it until the next firmware is released? I am hoping if it is causing people major issues they fix it quickly.

Thanks.
2023-1-3
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Italy

Based on what can be read from the forums, ALL the new firmware releases bring a lot of major issues. The reality is that the most of users has never experienced major issues after updating. Please consider that a bug free software does not exists and then you take your decision. I usually update after a few days from the release. This version is out since weeks.
2023-1-3
Use props
Reaper106
lvl.1
United States

FabioV Posted at 1-3 10:25
Based on what can be read from the forums, ALL the new firmware releases bring a lot of major issues. The reality is that the most of users has never experienced major issues after updating. Please consider that a bug free software does not exists and then you take your decision. I usually update after a few days from the release. This version is out since weeks.

Thank you!! Yeah I do know about those bugs, just after reading the posts here I thought it was worth asking about.
Appreciate the input, I'll go ahead and get my drone updated.
2023-1-3
Use props
MichaelUbuntu64
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1689961 ft
Germany

i have updated to the new firm an no issues
2023-1-3
Use props
Omnitonic
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_zE1sbl0AiDQB Posted at 2022-12-15 13:13
Check for latest version of DJI Fly app 1.9.0  and latest remote firmware upgrade.

I'm at 1.6.9 on the smart controller, and can find no way to update it to anything more recent.
2023-1-5
Use props
Omnitonic
lvl.1

United States

photodrifter Posted at 2022-12-15 16:27
I figured it out on mine, I hope this works for you.  Under Settings/Personal/Location, I had to change my Mode to High Accuracy.  Only then, did it think my GPS was on and it allowed me to fly.  Good luck!

Tried that. No change. Drone still bricked.

I also calibrated the IMU (I think) and compass. Since my last report in mid-December, one good change is that the endless update cycle has finally been broken. It used to be that every time I fired everything up, it would detect an update available for the drone, and start installing it from 70%. I must have done that ten times. Now, it seems like that update finally took, but of course, the drone is still bricked. I have like 12 batteries for this thing, a nice case, etc., and alllll kinds of money tied up in a brick.

My second brick, actually. I should have learned with the first Air 2S. That was my fault. Power lines. No insurance. Broken camera. Camera cost almost as much as new drone, so here we are.

Rant, rant, rant. Okay, I'll shove off now. I'm not going to accomplish anything here.

2023-1-5
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

Omnitonic Posted at 1-5 10:17
I'm at 1.6.9 on the smart controller, and can find no way to update it to anything more recent.

Make sure you have a good wifi connesction. Then go to -
Fly app/profile/settings/about/check for updates
Tap that . Fly should then update.
2023-1-5
Use props
Zampetas
lvl.2
Greece

izzikio_rage Posted at 1-2 07:15
Have heard of the issues in signal strength but the issues in inputting numbers to fly is new. Will hold off a bit, hopefully the next update fixes stuff

I find that the problem is the auto dual band 2,4 and 5,8 GHZ.. something happen.. i ve tryed to fly with only 2,4 mode and everything was smooth again.. but something is bad after the update ..with 5,8 GHZ.. i m trying many things (change phone, disable cache video,airplane mode, refresh..., reinstall app.. )  in order to finaly discover that!! (DJI must pay me )  
2023-1-7
Use props
Zampetas
lvl.2
Greece

I m sorry but this is not a  firmware! it is only a patch.. 266 mb of 1 gb the 2320...and my drone has problem with the dual band after firmwares updates .. and the worse of that is the assistant let me do a refresh only in that patch... and no to the whole firmware!!  Please fix it immediately! upload an full firmware or give us the oportunity to downgrade to a normal full firmware!!
2023-1-7
Use props
Zampetas
lvl.2
Greece

JasonArizona Posted at 2022-6-25 09:30
I lost RC connection three different times (different batteries each time, different flights) with the new firmware.  Each time, the drone was no further than 600ft from me and less than 300ft in the air.  This is scary and unacceptable.

same thing here... something bad happen with occusync..after update it is working little better  if you choose 2,4 ghz
2023-1-8
Use props
fans9f2b5b71
lvl.1
Switzerland

Since I've downloaded the 1.9.1 firmware, I can't control the gimbal speed control and the yaw speed. What ever speed  °/s I set them on They both are slow when
2023-1-10
Use props
fans88bde95d
New

Dominican Republic

hello.   Does anyone know where I can buy the dji air 2s main board?
2023-1-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans88bde95d Posted at 1-21 12:22
hello.   Does anyone know where I can buy the dji air 2s main board?

Hi, there. May we know if your drone meets any problems? Just a kind reminder that it is not recommended to repair your drone yourself because we cannot guarantee reliability when in use. In addition, it might cause damage or harm to your drone and void the warranty. Besides, if you want to repair your drone, you can check the below details and see if it helps:
1. You can check the related accessory price via this link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/price-inquiry
2. You can contact the local reseller to repair your drone.
If there is anything that we can help with, please just let us know.
Thank you.

2023-1-22
Use props
CaPunG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 807041 ft
Indonesia

Wait & See
2023-1-26
Use props
djiuser_33zKmV89yYlb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34964 ft
United States

djiuser_DAZdt2F78uYz Posted at 2022-6-18 15:34
after i updated this firmware i have an issue with gimbal. "incompatible gimbal data  code 40012"    no hit no fall not presure or any harm to the drone or gimbal. just after i update had this issue. i tried to refresh firmware and nothing. i tried recalibrate and nothing. damn i dont know what is going on... all steps are done and i really want to rollback firmware but assistant 2 dont give me this option

How to resolve this problem?
2023-12-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_33zKmV89yYlb Posted at 12-31 07:59
How to resolve this problem?

Hi. This happens when the aircraft self-check fails or there is a communication issue between the aircraft and the gimbal, possibly caused by a hardware connection issue or broken wire. Please try restarting the drone to do another self-check. If the issue persists, I suggest sending it back to DJI for inspection. You can submit a repair request from the DJI official website: https://repair.dji.com/us/repair/index. The warranty can be applied depending on the assessment's outcome, including your unit's warranty period. We appreciate your patience.
2023-12-31
Use props
J. Dub
lvl.2
Flight distance : 143264 ft
United States

When will waypoint come to Air 2S? I see mavic air 2mreceived it.
Wish it comes to air 2s
1-13 22:29
Use props
Staffydog33
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1348881 ft
  • >>>
United States

I ain't updated my Air 2s firmware In ages and I will not, same with my Controller, the DJI RC - BUT, yuh do know you can upgrade/downgrade to any version you like, easilly don't you?
1-14 13:50
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Flight distance : 818356 ft
  • >>>
United States

J. Dub Posted at 1-13 22:29
When will waypoint come to Air 2S? I see mavic air 2mreceived it.
Wish it comes to air 2s

Mavic Air 2 has waypoints???

First time I hear that, are you sure about that info?

Regards
1-14 22:25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules