12Next >
4602 65 2023-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Psybear
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1289662 ft
United Kingdom

I have just gotten myself a new Mavic 3 Classic, unaware that there are several people here (and on mavicpilots.com) reporting having issues with magenta and green colour casts.

Having just got home from a photographic trip and having reviewed my images, I am definitely getting a green cast (not so sure about the magenta).

I did some testing yesterday, shooting the sky with both my Mavic 3 Classic and also my Air 2s.  There is a very definite green cast evident in the images from the Classic, but no cast at all in the images from the Air 2s, shot in same conditions and at same settings.

It's impossible to properly edit this out too without making the image appear unnatural, as messing with the green hue/saturation/luminance obviously impacts the whole image.

jpeg from unedited DNG

jpeg from unedited DNG

jpeg from edited DNG

jpeg from edited DNG

First image above is a jpeg from a DNG file, unedited.

Second one is same image, Vibrance and Green Saturation cranked up to max just to show how bad the issue is, converted to jpeg.

I have read a couple of other threads here but can see any obvious resolution.

Do I have a faulty drone?

2023-4-8
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

Based on this, I would say yes, you have a faulty drone.  This looks like a processing error.
Do some more testing taking photos of neutral coloured surfaces, or an overcast sky sky from different angles.

And this has nothing to do with white balance setting, that would affect the whole image.
2023-4-8
Use props
Psybear
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks for the response.

Just went outside and shot the sky (not completely overcast) from four different angles, firstly at f/2.8, then at f/5.6.

Original jpegs (from the DNG files, exported as jpegs in LR) below, followed by versions where I boosted the vibrance to max.

If anything it's worse - definitely getting both green and magenta cast now.
The green cast is clearly visible in the unedited versions.

UNEDITED VERSIONS

f/2.8, unedited

f/2.8, unedited

f/2.8, unedited

f/2.8, unedited

f/5.6, unedited

f/5.6, unedited

f/5.6, unedited

f/5.6, unedited

EDITED VERSIONS

f/2.8, edited (VIBRANCE TO MAX)

f/5.6, edited (VIBRANCE TO MAX)

2023-4-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Psybear. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. We will help you forward your concern to our designated team for further checking. We'll keep you posted. Thanks for your cooperation and patience.
2023-4-8
Use props
Psybear
lvl.2
Ireland

DJI Tony Posted at 4-8 20:57
Hi, Psybear. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. We will help you forward your concern to our designated team for further checking. We'll keep you posted. Thanks for your cooperation and patience.

Not altogether sure what this means Tony..... So I just sit back and await a further response here?   The drone is brand new.  If it's faulty then surely I should just return it for a refund or replacement?
2023-4-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Psybear Posted at 4-10 02:08
Not altogether sure what this means Tony..... So I just sit back and await a further response here?   The drone is brand new.  If it's faulty then surely I should just return it for a refund or replacement?

We already forwarded this concern to our engineers for feedback. They will help us determine whether the drone needs to be sent back or if there are any remote solutions that will resolve this. We appreciate your understanding.
2023-4-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Psybear Posted at 4-10 02:08

Hi there. Thanks for your patience. We just received feedback from our team. This issue has been located and is expected to be resolved in the next firmware update. Temporarily, please downgrade the firmware to v01.00.0200 until the new version is released. Thanks for your understanding.
2023-4-11
Use props
Psybear
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 4-11 01:08
Hi there. Thanks for your patience. We just received feedback from our team. This issue has been located and is expected to be resolved in the next firmware update. Temporarily, please downgrade the firmware to v01.00.0200 until the new version is released. Thanks for your understanding.

Thank you, I will try this.
2023-4-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Psybear Posted at 4-11 06:40
Thank you, I will try this.

You are most welcome. Please keep us posted then. Have a nice day!
2023-4-12
Use props
stefgo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5081736 ft
Réunion

Yes same issu for my M3C ! I've got a green and magenta color cast and it looks like a flare problem. Please let me know how DJI propose to fixe that issue...
2023-4-12
Use props
Psybear
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 4-11 01:08

I've been waiting to find the time to try this and for this opportunity to coincide with overcast weather for before and after test shots.

I have the weather now but can't figure out how to rollback the firmware.  Google and YouTube searches have failed to enlighten me.

Please advise as to how to rollback to the recommended firmware.

Thanks.  
2023-4-22
Use props
Psybear
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Okay so I figured out how to rollback the firmware (installed DJI Assistant, connected the drone, the downgrade option was there).

This has NOT corrected the issue, in fact I think it has made it worse.

It's completely unacceptable performance for me as a photographer.

I will be requesting a refund on this drone as it is clearly not fit for purpose.

300 firmware images (edited with vibrance and Dehaze to emphasise the issue)

Older 200 firmware images (edited with vibrance and Dehaze to emphasise the issue)

2023-4-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Psybear Posted at 4-22 04:33
I've been waiting to find the time to try this and for this opportunity to coincide with overcast weather for before and after test shots.

I have the weather now but can't figure out how to rollback the firmware.  Google and YouTube searches have failed to enlighten me.

Thanks for the update, and we're sincerely sorry for the inconvenience. Can you confirm the current firmware version that you're on? We want to help you check this further. We'll be waiting for your confirmation. Thank you.
2023-4-22
Use props
Psybear
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 4-22 20:31
Thanks for the update, and we're sincerely sorry for the inconvenience. Can you confirm the current firmware version that you're on? We want to help you check this further. We'll be waiting for your confirmation. Thank you.

I am currently running V01.00.200, as per your recommendation above.

I have attached a screenshot showing the current firmware for confirmation.
Screenshot 2023-04-23 at 12.02.48.png
2023-4-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Psybear Posted at 4-23 03:14

Thanks for the confirmation. It's been forwarded for re-evaluation. We'll keep you posted. Thank you.
2023-4-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Psybear Posted at 4-23 03:14

Hi there. We appreciate your patience. Please note that this concern has been escalated to the designated department. There is currently no other remote solution we can provide. You are highly suggested to await the next firmware update as it will be released soon. This is expected to resolve the current issue. We are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. We ask for your continued understanding and allow our team to resolve this the soonest time possible. Thank you.
2023-4-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

stefgo Posted at 4-12 10:16
Yes same issu for my M3C ! I've got a green and magenta color cast and it looks like a flare problem. Please let me know how DJI propose to fixe that issue...

Hi, stefgo. We're sorry you're experiencing the same concern. As initially confirmed, our engineers have located this issue, and is expected to be resolved in the next update. We're sorry for the inconvenience and we appreciate your understanding.
2023-4-24
Use props
stefgo
lvl.4
France

Hi Tony

Thank you very much for your answer. So I don't need to send back my M3C to repair ? I just need to wait for the update ?
2023-4-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

stefgo Posted at 4-24 22:19
Hi Tony

Thank you very much for your answer. So I don't need to send back my M3C to repair ? I just need to wait for the update ?

Hi, stefgo. Apologies for the delayed response. Yes, we ask you to patiently wait for the next update that is expected to resolve this concern. Thanks for your continued understanding.
2023-4-29
Use props
stefgo
lvl.4
France

DJI Tony Posted at 4-29 16:36
Hi, stefgo. Apologies for the delayed response. Yes, we ask you to patiently wait for the next update that is expected to resolve this concern. Thanks for your continued understanding.

Hi Tony, that issue is solved with the last update !! Thank you DJI !
2023-5-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

stefgo Posted at 5-1 12:19
Hi Tony, that issue is solved with the last update !! Thank you DJI !

That's great news, and you're welcome! Thanks for sharing that here. We hope such an issue will not be encountered again in the future. Have a nice day.
2023-5-2
Use props
Psybear
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I wish I could say the same. I've just installed the latest firmware update (V01.00.0400).  It has made zero difference.  
2023-5-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Psybear Posted at 5-2 06:21
I wish I could say the same. I've just installed the latest firmware update (V01.00.0400).  It has made zero difference.

Hi, Psybear. We're sorry the issue remains for you. Kindly check your inbox. We've sent you a PM. Thank you.
2023-5-3
Use props
Psybear
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I have responded to the PM.

I see no reason why you could not have posted your latest suggestion here, in public view.

So your first suggestion was to roll back the FW, that didn't work. Your second suggestion was to await the new firmware, but that didn't work either. Now you're suggesting that I 'refresh' the firmware. Why not just replace what is clearly a defective drone?

I am also in email correspondence with your colleagues in DJI Support.  They have advised me today that the matter has been escalated to a 'higher department' who will be in touch within 48 hours.  I will await that contact.  

I will also be contacting a Consumer body for advice as I believe that DJI is failing to meet its legal obligations under consumer law.
2023-5-3
Use props
Psybear
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Well I have now waited the 48 hours for your higher management colleagues to take action and nothing has happened.  

The response of DJI to my defective drone has been and continues to be appalling.
2023-5-4
Use props
Psybear
lvl.2
United Kingdom

By way of an update - and for the information of anyone with a Mavic 3 Classic drone - DJI has now confirmed by email to me that "The issue with your Mavic 3 Classic is not related to hardware, but to firmware. Sadly, the fix could not be implemented in the recent update, but we will follow up in the future."

Unbelievable really.  

They told me to rollback firmware, then await new firmware, then refresh the new firmware - and now they're telling me to await some future fix, with no timescale given?

They have confirmed that my drone has a defect - one that is firmware related, not hardware related - but they maintain their position of no refund?  This makes no sense and is a clear breach of consumer law.

They have offered to check my drone - by doing a comparison - but what is the point since they appear to be acknowledging that all Mavic 3 Classic drones have this issue?   And why, given the presumably vast numbers that have been sold to date, are there only a few people like me complaining - if the issue is firmware-related?

I am going to have to take some time here to consider my options and next steps.
2023-5-9
Use props
Hadar_Pierre
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9994124 ft
Bulgaria

Psybear Posted at 5-9 08:20
By way of an update - and for the information of anyone with a Mavic 3 Classic drone - DJI has now confirmed by email to me that "The issue with your Mavic 3 Classic is not related to hardware, but to firmware. Sadly, the fix could not be implemented in the recent update, but we will follow up in the future."

Unbelievable really.  

Unfortunately, you're not the only one experiencing these issues. The picture I've attached is without any corrections. As you can see the colors are dismal and there is actually no way of correcting them. I have contacted DJI Support and they assured me that they don't see any problems with the colors so good luck with that. Mine is Mavic 3 but but the image issues are common as well as the virtually missing support from DJI. Unlike you I sold my Air 2S which a way better drone in terms of picture quality. And from all I have read on the topic, DJI have promised a fix in a firmware update more than an year ago so I really don't think this will ever be fixed.
2023-5-9
Use props
Psybear
lvl.2
United Kingdom

It's truly shocking behaviour by the company, I'm just amazed that there are not more complaints.
2023-5-10
Use props
stefgo
lvl.4
France

Psybear Posted at 5-9 08:20

Unbelievable really.  

Hi Psybear, I had the same issue as you have (green magenta cast) , I was very skeptical about a firmware solution. I think it was a lens flare problem, or a bad lens coating, but for my M3C the new firmware solved the problem. I was very doubtful but I have no more color cast...
It looks really like a software issue but not a  hardware issue.
incomprehensible for your drone. Maybe the new firmware is not well applied, or it is another color cast problem as mine even if it looks the same...
2023-5-10
Use props
Psybear
lvl.2
United Kingdom

stefgo Posted at 5-10 22:25
Hi Psybear, I had the same issue as you have (green magenta cast) , I was very skeptical about a firmware solution. I think it was a lens flare problem, or a bad lens coating, but for my M3C the new firmware solved the problem. I was very doubtful but I have no more color cast...
It looks really like a software issue but not a  hardware issue.
incomprehensible for your drone. Maybe the new firmware is not well applied, or it is another color cast problem as mine even if it looks the same...

Glad to hear that you are now happy with the image quality @stefgo.  

Have to say though, it's odd that the recent FW update fixed the issue for you, since DJI themselves are saying that a fix was not included in that update.
2023-5-11
Use props
stefgo
lvl.4
France

Psybear Posted at 5-11 07:36
Glad to hear that you are now happy with the image quality @stefgo.  

Have to say though, it's odd that the recent FW update fixed the issue for you, since DJI themselves are saying that a fix was not included in that update.

you are sure ??
Look at my files before and after firmware update...
2023-5-11
Use props
fans5440f2c2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 883520 ft
France

Hello
I front exactly the same problem on my new Mavic Classic
So dissapointed!
The picture look like to have a green filter on it, I saw that look to only happen when I use to open at f9 (look like the white balance is totally wrong!)
In auto mode is fine!
Any idea?
2023-5-20
Use props
Psybear
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I don't use Auto mode but still have the issue.

Good luck getting DJI doing anything to address it.  They couldn't care less.   I've exchanged multiple emails with them, as well as conversing here.  

They now maintain that it is a firmware issue that will be resolved at some unspecified time in the future.  Useless.

2023-5-20
Use props
ukaleq
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1303780 ft
Germany

It's really unbelievable, I too am affected. I lost countless shots that would have been truly magnificent.
And not at home but during a trip where I was shooting for both a personal project and the travel magazine I work for.
Even if they change my drone, they will never be able to make up for this fiasco. This camera is just a flying Lomo.
Horrible.
2023-5-29
Use props
ukaleq
lvl.4
Germany

And on top of that there is some bad banding issue. It becomes particularly obvious if you use for example the dehaze function in lightroom.
Why the hell did I buy this thing? Digital cameras have been around for 20+ years now and I NEVER had anything that bad.
And of all trips where it could happen, one where I invested so much money, time, energy and passion.
2023-5-29
Use props
ukaleq
lvl.4
Germany

Another dehaze to show the POS that this camera is.
2023-5-29
Use props
ukaleq
lvl.4
Germany

One more for the road. Atrocious effect too in the sky of their auto-generated panoramas...
2023-5-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Psybear Posted at 5-20 15:38
I don't use Auto mode but still have the issue.

Good luck getting DJI doing anything to address it.  They couldn't care less.   I've exchanged multiple emails with them, as well as conversing here.  

Hi there, we are sorry for the inconvenience. We've optimized this issue in the latest firmware. If the issue still exists after upgrading to the latest firmware, could you please provide us with the latest footage taken after updating the firmware for further analysis? Please upload the original file to Google Drive or Dropbox and send us the link.
2023-5-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

ukaleq Posted at 5-29 16:03
It's really unbelievable, I too am affected. I lost countless shots that would have been truly magnificent.
And not at home but during a trip where I was shooting for both a personal project and the travel magazine I work for.
Even if they change my drone, they will never be able to make up for this fiasco. This camera is just a flying Lomo.[view_image]

Hi there, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused. May I ask about the current firmware version? Could you please update the firmware to the latest version to see if the issue still exists? If so, please upload the original footage to Google Drive or Dropbox and send us the link for further analysis.
2023-5-30
Use props
Psybear
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-30 00:13
Hi there, we are sorry for the inconvenience. We've optimized this issue in the latest firmware. If the issue still exists after upgrading to the latest firmware, could you please provide us with the latest footage taken after updating the firmware for further analysis? Please upload the original file to Google Drive or Dropbox and send us the link.

"We've optimized this issue in the latest firmware"

Really?

That's not what one your colleagues told me.   This is a direct quote from their email, received 8 May 2023:

"The issue with your Mavic 3 Classic is not related to hardware, but to firmware. Sadly, the fix could not be implemented in the recent update, but we will follow up in the future."

So which is the correct version of events?
2023-5-30
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules