[Official] Mavic shipping issues
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Travis199
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144039 ft

wwwyzard Posted at 2016-10-20 02:34
Another valid point. The whole reason for a pre-order is to get it before they are available on th ...

I just found a bunch of rupees in the long grass outside
2016-10-19
Use props
pXTHxoStWY5h
lvl.3
United States

The part that scares me is DJI is getting into bed with Apple, who have the best customer service in the world. DJI customer service knows nothing and could care less if you cancel your order.
Apple needs to school DJI about the art of communicating with your customers.

2016-10-19
Use props
hallmark007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11959747 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Babblin5 Posted at 2016-10-19 19:32
It's only GLOBALLY. U.S. shipments have already started, and many Best Buy's have them in stock.

How small do you think the rest of the world is?
2016-10-19
Use props
davcom1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 440981 ft
United Kingdom

xarons21 Posted at 2016-10-19 19:31
I'm going to say legal (why they can't say anything about it) but if it needs to be more exact tha ...

Yep, I'll wait because I just don't like the GoPro Karma. It's awkward looking...

2016-10-19
Use props
pXTHxoStWY5h
lvl.3
United States

IF DONALD TRUMP were President China wouldn't be treating us like this LOL hahahahahahaha
2016-10-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

ultraflight77 Posted at 2016-10-20 02:30
DJI Ken this is for you, 1st off I appreciate your kind responses on here trying to calm the anger ...

You have to reply to a post of mine otherwise I will not see it unless I'm in the thread reading.
I know everyone is upset as this thread started yesterday and is already close to 20 pages long.
The forum moderators here provide technical support and have nothing to do with the supply chain. All I can do is tell you what you already know from the email everyone got.
No one is forced to keep their orders and are free to cancel them, I too ordered and am in line with everyone else.
All I can say is the Mavic is truly an incredible machine and I wish there was a ton of people with it already so they would start posting their positive posts.
I'm very sorry that everyone is upset and we all will get shipping info at the same time when there's an update.
2016-10-19
Use props
MKSOL
lvl.2

United States

One more point to consider about those who have, or are considering cancelling AND were charged Foreign transaction fees by their credit card companies.

You will NOT get the fee back so even if you cancel (or have cancelled) the bank wins since you will still be responsible for the fee.   Thanks DJI!
edit - of course you can always call the bank and attempt to get it reversed as well, it might work.
2016-10-19
Use props
ultraflight77
lvl.3
Flight distance : 881598 ft

MKSOL Posted at 2016-10-20 02:50
One more point to consider about those who have, or are considering cancelling AND were charged Fore ...

Yeah I noticed that on my CC account. I just wrote it off as a lesson learned about pre ordering from DJI ever again... SMH
2016-10-19
Use props
stanhersh44
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-10-19
Use props
ultraflight77
lvl.3

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-20 02:50
You have to reply to a post of mine otherwise I will not see it unless I'm in the thread reading.

I think after this situation gets under control you are due for a long vacation to get some R&R.
Thanks for your help anyways.
2016-10-19
Use props
wwwyzard
lvl.2

United States

Travis199 Posted at 2016-10-20 02:36
I just found a bunch of rupees in the long grass outside

Hey Link, I know you work hard slashing tall grass with a sword, so I'll cut you a deal.
Wanna buy a godzilla-kopter? Never been produced, only lied about once!

hahahahah
2016-10-19
Use props
erneststrauss3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29406 ft

davcom1 Posted at 2016-10-20 02:27
Two points, both worth very little but hey, what the hell!?

1. There's some kind of DJI reward sche ...

I propose a guess the shipping date. and yes, DJI employees may participate
2016-10-19
Use props
wwwyzard
lvl.2

United States

2016-10-19
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-19 13:39
For me, it's the size of the Mavic I like the best as I can take it anywhere instead of having to  ...

I hope your right and I'm looking forward to the mavic. If you watched Casey review the gopro karma then the mavic there was a huge difference in his excitement level. With the karma he was like nice drone, very calm but when he reviewed the mavic he was excited as a chimpanzee tasting sugar for the first time.
2016-10-19
Use props
ultraflight77
lvl.3

stanhersh44 Posted at 2016-10-20 02:55
Ken - can you please try and get some specific information as to if the Nov 2 date is still accura ...

I 2nd that since I pre odered there.
2016-10-19
Use props
ultraflight77
lvl.3

Lmfao! Thats funny
2016-10-19
Use props
ctonyperry
lvl.2

United States

Casey Neistat is that goober who crashes every drone he tries, right?
2016-10-19
Use props
TBird_RainyLake
lvl.2
Flight distance : 283930 ft
United States

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-19 01:39
I do not know.  I am forum support not sales.  I can only post what I have received from marketing ...

This is what I received from Dominique on the 17th.  Similar to Tahoe Ed's comment/guess.
Call me naive/ Stupid but I'm still hoping..............

Dominique
Thank you for contacting DJI Pre Sales Support.
Order placed from Sept 27th til' Oct 11th we'll start shipping it mid Oct and order placed starting on Oct 12 18:00 Beijing Time  ships within November.
We arrange shipment on first pay first service basis and Presales are not able to advise exact shipping date yet.
We are still waiting for an update from HQ about first shipments

ME
So, since I paid Sept 27 and it is Oct 17 it ship this week. Am I correct?

Dominique
Most likely, they'll ship it this week or next week
Once order is set to ship, you'll hear from DJI. via email w/ tracking number.
2016-10-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-10-20 03:00
I hope your right and I'm looking forward to the mavic. If you watched Casey review the gopro karm ...

Yes, I saw that and him saying that the Mavic was his favorite drone and he ordered one and we'll wait like everyone else.
So for him to order one and say he'l wait like everyone else does speak on how great he really thinks the Mavic is.
2016-10-19
Use props
wwwyzard
lvl.2

United States

Just sayin...
2016-10-19
Use props
wwwyzard
lvl.2

United States

2016-10-19
Use props
Matt Y
lvl.2

United States

Babblin5 Posted at 2016-10-19 13:32
It's only GLOBALLY. U.S. shipments have already started, and many Best Buy's have them in stock.

As in available for purchase now, or sitting in the back waiting on Sunday?
2016-10-19
Use props
Babblin5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1558 ft
United States

Sorry to say this, but DJI trolled us all, in the worst possible way. Unfortunately, Ken and Ed have to be the messengers, and they don't deserve to be shot.

The reason they don't want to tell us the actual shipping date is because it is quite a ways out, and they're stalling in order to prevent as many lost sales/refund requests as they can. The reality is, they were no where near ready to ship, or they would be shipping some by now. Prototypes were manufactured using a single die set for parts. The dies have to be replicated on a massive scale, and then outsourced to subcontracted factories capable of the production scale, and then sourced parts have to be delivered to assembly lines AFTER an order is placed for parts (motors, ESCs, etc.), and that won't happen until they know what the demand is. So you wind up with stacking delays JUST TO GET TO ACTUAL ASSEMBLY of the Mavics. Then you've got Quality Control and testing to set up, again, based on demand, and the flat out logistics of actually manufacturing and delivery make it 99.9% unlikely that DJI could be ready to ship in less than a month after product announcement.

And DJI knew this going in. They never had any intention of shipping by "mid-October" because it's logically and logistically impossible to do so. We were flat-out lied to.

Business is about short term profit, which doesn't include long-term customer care, sadly. And when you know you have a superior product, you have even less incentive to pay the costs associated with giving a crap.

The most likely scenario is that we're a good 6 weeks out from shipments, and DJI is right about how many pre-orders would be cancelled if they told us this. And when you've set up production capacity to meet the demand of pre-orders, why in the world would you want to do ANYTHING that would severely diminish that initial demand?

This was cold, calculated business execution at its "finest". And that, sadly, is the way it is now.

I would LOVE to be proven wrong, but that's an unrealistic hope.
2016-10-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

stanhersh44 Posted at 2016-10-20 02:55
Ken - can you please try and get some specific information as to if the Nov 2 date is still accura ...

Again, I provide technical support and have no idea on dealer shipping or customer shipping.
I would think that all of you (including me) who Preordered would receive them first.
If that doesn't happen then it doesn't happen.
I know with the Phantom4 DJI gave exclusive rights to Apple to sell it before any other dealer (except DJI) but with the Mavic that is not the case.
I really wish I had more shipping information for all of you. All I can say is the online store would have more information than the tech support people such as myself.
2016-10-19
Use props
glopez861
lvl.1

Man was hoping to have the mavic before I left to Colorado this weekend. SMH seeing how that is not going to happen... I may just buy a phantom3 or solo or yuneec from best buy for the 4 days im out there and return it when I get back. Anyone think Ill have any issues buying and then returning? lol
2016-10-19
Use props
pXTHxoStWY5h
lvl.3
United States

stanhersh44 Posted at 2016-10-19 11:55

Rest assumed Apple is monitoring these threads and their potential relationship with DJI.

Apple customer service and communication to customers:  next to none...the best

DJI ............um, Ken and Ed are cool, but they know nothing, which proves my point

2016-10-19
Use props
ctonyperry
lvl.2

United States

That sort of lack of communication across an organization seems outdated. I would love to see DJI take the initiative in improving their customer service model. Right now, it reminds me of what companies were doing 10-15 years ago when they just started outsourcing everything, and their only objective was to get customers to stop hassling them for help.
Companies who are doing it better have realized that transparancy, honesty and authenticity are the keys to providing a good experience to customers...that and doing what you say you are going to do.
2016-10-19
Use props
StevenFL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1009301 ft
United States

glopez861 Posted at 2016-10-19 15:14
Man was hoping to have the mavic before I left to Colorado this weekend. SMH seeing how that is not  ...

There are also rental services, haha.

But, if you do that plan, let us all know how it goes!
2016-10-19
Use props
pXTHxoStWY5h
lvl.3
United States

Only DONALD TRUMP can force DJI to give us info LMAO

Make the Mavic Great Again!!!!!
2016-10-19
Use props
xarons21
lvl.1

United States

pXTHxoStWY5h Posted at 2016-10-19 14:15
Rest assumed Apple is monitoring these threads and their potential relationship with DJI.

Apple c ...

Popular to what you guys think... apple still cares about making a buck or a million, will they be upset with DJI... yes... but they are still going to proudly and greedily sell the mavic like its gold.
2016-10-19
Use props
Matt Y
lvl.2

United States

TBird_RainyLake Posted at 2016-10-19 14:05
This is what I received from Dominique on the 17th.  Similar to Tahoe Ed's comment/guess.
Call me  ...

I think they are just spinning a wheel of responses at this point. I still do not understand how a representative of the company can not make some phone calls and find out what is going on. I could make one phone call at my company and find out exactly where a single bolt is for a project on the other side of the world. They are obviously hiding something for some unknown reason.
2016-10-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Babblin5 Posted at 2016-10-20 03:12
Sorry to say this, but DJI trolled us all, in the worst possible way. Unfortunately, Ken and Ed have ...

That could not be further from the truth. Us moderators are here to provide technical support and have no clue about shipping times. And we always said the if you are unhappy you are free to cancel your order, so we are not trying to stall so you will keep your order.
DJI had every intention to start shipping on the 15th, As with prior DJI releases there's been delays and everyone knows this. I do not know why the delay and I also ordered just like you and have to wait as well.

I honestly do not think shipping is "quite a ways off" like you say, I think shipping will be soon and I hope it is.
And again, there is no stalling to try and keep people from cancelling as we've always said if you are unhappy and cannot wait then cancel your order.
2016-10-19
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

glopez861 Posted at 2016-10-19 15:14
Man was hoping to have the mavic before I left to Colorado this weekend. SMH seeing how that is not  ...

You've got a better chance of seeing God than having the mavic by this coming weekend
2016-10-19
Use props
cwpics
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Have to admit this is the kind of thing that ruin a brand.

A large number of customers feel like they have been lied to. That leads to distrust and the diminishing value of a brand.

Customers appreciate honesty and are more tolerant when they are told the truth because they are kept up to date.

I'm at a loss at the vague communication from DJI to date, didn't expect this from such a worldwide brand.
2016-10-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

ultraflight77 Posted at 2016-10-20 02:57
I think after this situation gets under control you are due for a long vacation to get some R&R.

Yes indeed, and again I wish I had more answers for you all.
2016-10-19
Use props
xarons21
lvl.1

United States

Matt Y Posted at 2016-10-19 14:20
I think they are just spinning a wheel of responses at this point. I still do not understand how a ...

I think Ken and Ed are in the states, and DJI head is in china... difference in time... its 330am there right now... and this thread is a day old... so... yeah...
2016-10-19
Use props
Travis199
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144039 ft

wwwyzard Posted at 2016-10-20 02:58
Hey Link, I know you work hard slashing tall grass with a sword, so I'll cut you a deal.
Wanna buy ...

A Godzilla-kopter would be awesome in hyrule! Thanks! Lol
2016-10-19
Use props
msduncanrolltid
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-19 14:21
That could not be further from the truth. Us moderators are here to provide technical support and  ...

I can only imagine how much you hope that it ships soon.  

Hang in there bud.  
2016-10-19
Use props
wwwyzard
lvl.2

United States

Travis199 Posted at 2016-10-20 03:24
A Godzilla-kopter would be awesome in hyrule! Thanks! Lol

Gannon would soooo get the FAA after you.. but the Princes would be all over your control stick!

Did I mention it breaths nuclear fire breath, and can only be defeated by Mothra?
2016-10-19
Use props
pXTHxoStWY5h
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-19 12:21
That could not be further from the truth. Us moderators are here to provide technical support and  ...

Ken and Ed, WHY do you not know? Don't you have access to the guy who pretended to be Steve Jibs in the very Apple-like presentation? Presentation just like Apple....promises just like Apple. Beard just like Steve Jobs. Same dorky jeans like Steve Jobs.

Take the money.

Silence.

Throw forum moderators Ken and Ed to the wolves, for which I'm sure you are getting paid enough for.

I give up. If my "product" doesn't get to me by Nov 2, then I'll know it was all a setup
2016-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules