2378 43 2017-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FLflyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79642 ft
United States

Dx_Operator Posted at 2017-10-19 11:58
When you have major issues like this HQ will ignore your issue and just make you pay for the repair. I had the same issue with NFZ and had authorization via flysafe and ac came down uncontrollable. It has taken DJI almost 30 days to get their heads out of their butts and still ignore the fact of the issue that caused the crash data. They are the most ignorant people and have no respect for the customer.

I provided extensive details and I was flat out told that I was NOT in a NFZ! yet my flysafe and gps data shows otherwise. So at HQ because this one idiots says no you weren't, yes I was they get the last word and you can pay for your repairs and what are you going to do about it!

Sorry to hear this.  My experience thus far--aside from the lack of detailed information on the cause of the crash--has been very good.  I shipped the drone back last week and it was analyzed, repaired, and shipped back to me today...exactly one week after they got it.  I am holding out a final verdict until I get the drone back, as I have read of some unfortunate and incomplete repair jobs by DJI.  I am hoping that they did a quality job repairing my bird and all will be well once again.  Hopefully.
2017-10-19
Use props
Dx_Operator
lvl.2
Flight distance : 140413 ft
United States

FLflyer Posted at 2017-10-19 16:25
Sorry to hear this.  My experience thus far--aside from the lack of detailed information on the cause of the crash--has been very good.  I shipped the drone back last week and it was analyzed, repaired, and shipped back to me today...exactly one week after they got it.  I am holding out a final verdict until I get the drone back, as I have read of some unfortunate and incomplete repair jobs by DJI.  I am hoping that they did a quality job repairing my bird and all will be well once again.  Hopefully. Also clown is pulled the crash data said I was flying in bad environment as I only has 2 sats! WRONG my flight controller shows 17 sats so what about that idiot??
Here you go for details. I extensively documented the cause of the crash data and I was lucky to have saved the ac. When I stated I was in NFZ but the algorithm failed and dropped the ac very quickly to the ground I was able to save it and DJI clown at HQ says no you were NOT in NFZ so that excuse is out the window and you can pay for the repair.

I don't want to be too lengthy so please ask any questions:

I’m having difficulty with my repair case I have due to the no fly zone (NFZ) issue encountered and explained below.

The NFZ issue I’ve outlined caused erroneous flight data logs and the repair depot wants me to pay for the repairs.

I have authorization to fly in the area the issue occurred have the flysafe doc if you would like to see it.

No one is CS has read case notes and the NFZ override issue that caused these error messages below.

This most certainly is warranty repair based on your NFZ override is what caused the erratic movement of the ac.

Attention Oscar –

My point about the fly safe issue is that there is an issue that occurred after the gimbal overload message. I checked all that I’m familiar with that issue the next day and attempted to fly.

Clear sky no wind, Mavic obtained it’s RTH point and took off in the NFZ area that I have clearance for. As previously explained in the case notes several times, when the ac was about 50’ away and 50’ up I received the warning NFZ!! Lights all turned Red!

That should not have kicked in as I was in the authorized area. The ac movement became erratic,  descended very quickly and would have landed on top of a building and be lost!!

It should have RTH as it was set before takeoff as I always engage before flight. When the NFZ warning engaged the AC it was not controllable as it should have been. It should have gradually landed.
It should have landed at RTH but it picked up speed and almost crashed!! Luckily I was able to bring it back to my sponge landing pad that was in thick grass.  

The only notification I received were on the controller. After it landed I drove to a non NFZ area to check functions and it was fine except the gimbal arm issue that pre-existed this flight.

DJI Go ap said the NFZ authorization had expired ! It had not! I immediately sent an email to the fly safe team r request  688155 and created a case for the reoccurring gimbal arm over load issue.
There is no reason the ac should try to land when NFZ glitches and attempts  to land on top of a three story building and it should not pick up speed and almost crash!!
It should RTH in a gradual movement.

If I was not in line of site I could have lost the ac all together or possibly not found where it crashed or landed. I was very lucky.

Any issues seen in the flight data logs are attributed to this NFZ glitch alone.

I know there is no way to guarantee the NFZ functions but this override should not be offered to the public if it’s unstable as it was for me.

I’m very careful and never fly reckless or in areas that are dangerous. I followed the DJI process to allow flight in this area.

I’m in this NFZ area to chronical the construction of my companies new campus building project otherwise I would not deal or attempt to fly at all within NFZ areas but DJI offers the authorization mechanism and it should not glitch with my
very expensive ac.
2017-10-19
Use props
FLflyer
lvl.1
United States

So I got the drone back - it looks like a proper repair, but I have yet to rig it up and fly it.  I did note, however, the damaged battery I returned with it (significantly cracked casing) was not replaced, and simply sent back.  Given the potential energy in these batteries, I doubt I want to try charging and using a clearly damaged battery.  Points lost DJI....
2017-10-25
Use props
FLflyer
lvl.1
United States

FLflyer Posted at 2017-10-25 14:03
So I got the drone back - it looks like a proper repair, but I have yet to rig it up and fly it.  I did note, however, the damaged battery I returned with it (significantly cracked casing) was not replaced, and simply sent back.  Given the potential energy in these batteries, I doubt I want to try charging and using a clearly damaged battery.  Points lost DJI....

They requested I send in pictures of the damaged battery with the serial number, which I did.  This should be a simple replacement, since they totally goofed when I originally sent it in (by not reading the information I submitted or even inspecting the battery at all!).  Now they are requesting I send it back and dragging this out...c'mon DJI, you can do better.  
2017-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules