The Green Mean Elk Mountain in 4K and also.....in the Clouds!
1603 43 2018-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
astrofly
First Officer
Flight distance : 554301 ft
Italy

Pasquale Josepe Posted at 2018-6-28 12:15
Thank you.   Hmmmm I don't remember the Max. altitude but I would say 10 meters.  I don't remember max distance either but I remember being able to maintain visibility at all times.  My videos don't show all my efforts but I do fly from several locations to get the shots I want.  It's an all day ordeal but I love it.

A very big work. Compliments
2018-6-28
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

Wow amazing video.  This is what drones were made for.. Thanks for sharing
2018-6-28
Use props
308Shooter
lvl.3
United States

Pasquale Josepe Posted at 2018-6-10 14:23
Hello good sir and thanks again for the great comment.  To be honest, the drone flying is secondary to me.  I've always been found of climbing and getting to unique, remote quite locations and just spending the day up there in peace.  Something about the temperature and refreshing feeling about the wind at that elevation just keeps me coming back for more.  The burn associated with getting there justifies all the damn candy, chips and chocolate I bring to the summit lol.    I decided to get a drone to not only have a solid memory of my adventures but to also share something beautiful with people from other countries.

This is probably one of the best videos and most beautiful places I've seen yet.  I will definitely check out your channel.

As a new  "dronie". I was wondering if you could share some of your specs on this trip.  Sorry if I've missed it, but what are you flying a Mavic Pro?...... Air?  I'm asking because I do a bit of backpacking as well and wondered what the wind conditions were during that flight?  I'm scared to death I'll be at the top of a ridge and the wind will be too strong to fly or cause difficulty getting the drone back to the home position.

Just curious.... again - Thanks for sharing the video.  It was AMAZING!!
2018-6-28
Use props
Pasquale Josepe
First Officer

United States

308Shooter Posted at 2018-6-28 12:49
This is probably one of the best videos and most beautiful places I've seen yet.  I will definitely check out your channel.

As a new  "dronie". I was wondering if you could share some of your specs on this trip.  Sorry if I've missed it, but what are you flying a Mavic Pro?...... Air?  I'm asking because I do a bit of backpacking as well and wondered what the wind conditions were during that flight?  I'm scared to death I'll be at the top of a ridge and the wind will be too strong to fly or cause difficulty getting the drone back to the home position.

HI and thanks for the compliments.  Elk Mountain made for a great day but when you do check out my channel I'd say watch Evan's Peak first.  It's been my favorite memory to date.  I've flown a lot of different drones and climbed a lot of mountains.  The DJI drones in general are strong.  If you want to hike with one then I'd say go with the Mavic Pro Platinum.  If the wind isn't blowing your ball cap off then your drone is more than likely safe to fly, even when the caution message comes up.  The reason I save Mavic instead of air is the different in distance.  The Mavic Pro goes 7 or 8 miles while the Air only goes 4 miles.  It's not about the miles, it's about the strength of the signal.  Longer the distance stronger the signal.
Oh and if the drone loses signal then it automatically returns home.  Isn't that amazing!
2018-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules