DJI Fly App - LG V20
6298 46 2019-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf90dc224
lvl.1

United States

AmericaWestCMH Posted at 1-2 20:22
Has nothing to do with that and everything to do with the DJI Fly app.  The V20 works with Android 7.0 but all of us running 8.0 have the same exact problem.

Amen to that
2020-1-26
Use props
djiuser_IF8CJJqC45nm
New

United States

I just want to add that I recently purchased a Mavic Mini and have exactly the same problem as described earlier with my V20 running Oreo. The application does not recognize that the drone is connected and there is no video feed. At the moment, the drone doesn't even function as a paper-weight.... very frustrating and it's totally unacceptable that this hasn't been fixed by DJI yet.

2020-3-2
Use props
AmericaWestCMH
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_IF8CJJqC45nm Posted at 3-2 00:51
I just want to add that I recently purchased a Mavic Mini and have exactly the same problem as described earlier with my V20 running Oreo. The application does not recognize that the drone is connected and there is no video feed. At the moment, the drone doesn't even function as a paper-weight.... very frustrating and it's totally unacceptable that this hasn't been fixed by DJI yet.

Is the controller trying to charge the phone?  That seems to be what's going on.
2020-3-2
Use props
djiuser_y48nbv13TV31
New

United States

Gonna Necro this.
Same problems persist with the Mavic Air 2 on the LG V20 with Android 8 with the latest and greatest DJI Fly App.
I have the T-Mobile version.
Also doesn't work with a custom flashed Galaxy S4 with Android 7.1 (I think because its a 32-bit phone)
My LG V10 is my last chance to get this to work, but its got a bad USB port, awaiting a new motherboard for that...
2020-5-19
Use props
AmericaWestCMH
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_y48nbv13TV31 Posted at 5-19 05:19
Gonna Necro this.
Same problems persist with the Mavic Air 2 on the LG V20 with Android 8 with the latest and greatest DJI Fly App.
I have the T-Mobile version.

I gave up on the V20 and sold it.  I just use an iPhone now.  Can't believe DJI still lists the V20 as compatible with this garbage app.
2020-5-19
Use props
Keith R.
lvl.1

United States

SOLVED:  I had the same problem with my LG V20 phone and my Mavic Mini.  I downloaded ALL of the fly apps dji has on Google Play store, set them all up, and let them run in the background.  THEN dji Fly would connect for me!  Now, the only app I need to run in the background to get it to work is the dji Pilot app.
2020-10-20
Use props
djiuser_lZpoRM3Qhle5
New

United States

I too have been having issues with the dji fly app and my LG V20. I bought a used mini mavic on ebay. It needed the type c cable so I ordered one. When it came I charged everything set it all up and turned it on. It worked did the updates requested by it. Took it all to a local park the following day. Again zero issues even took it out above water. Finally another nice day to fly came. I charged all went out but couldn't get the phone to properly link with the controller. Since this is a used unit and the micro usb port looked a bit beat. I ordered a new controller. It came but still the same issue. Ordered 4 new cables. No change. Set everything up turn all on. Phone vibrates and shows the cable plugging in over and over. Tried cable with phone to a tablet and it works. I think it is the app and phone not working well together. Will this also be an issue with the Mini2 since it uses the same app? Since they are out now and I want one. But I won't shell out money for an unuseable drone
2020-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules