Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-6 03:16
Shame it wasn't able to settle and give you a good coating of fresh white snow.

Its teasing at the moment,  Yesterday it said rain all day today,  and then last night it said snow.   And today its dry.  
2022-1-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-6 23:58
Its teasing at the moment,  Yesterday it said rain all day today,  and then last night it said snow.   And today its dry.

I love to see the snow, just not have to shovel it, etc.  
2022-1-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-7 12:02
I love to see the snow, just not have to shovel it, etc.

I dont tend to shovel it myself,   Although I do have a snow shovel.  
2022-1-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-8 01:19
I dont tend to shovel it myself,   Although I do have a snow shovel.

I guess it depends on how much you get whether you have to shovel or not.  When I was stationed in Chicago, IL I would get up in the morning and use a snow blower and shovel to clear sidewalk and driveway.  Then head inside for a warm shower and get into uniform.  By the time I got back to the car in the garage many times there would already be another 8-10" on the drive way.  I finally got smart and bought a used jeep with a snow plow mounted on the front.  Just backed into driveway so all I had to do in the mornings was start up, lower plow and head to work.  
2022-1-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-9 14:27
I guess it depends on how much you get whether you have to shovel or not.  When I was stationed in Chicago, IL I would get up in the morning and use a snow blower and shovel to clear sidewalk and driveway.  Then head inside for a warm shower and get into uniform.  By the time I got back to the car in the garage many times there would already be another 8-10" on the drive way.  I finally got smart and bought a used jeep with a snow plow mounted on the front.  Just backed into driveway so all I had to do in the mornings was start up, lower plow and head to work.

We never get snow like that here,   most I would shovel is a path from the house to the door for walking and a path to the workshop.   And I dont pile the snow in the road like some as that can cause accidents.
2022-1-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-10 01:57
We never get snow like that here,   most I would shovel is a path from the house to the door for walking and a path to the workshop.   And I dont pile the snow in the road like some as that can cause accidents.

So, unless I'm totally wrong, it seems like you get "dustings" with very little accumulation.  I saw it snow so much in the Chicago area that cars would get completely covered up and then when the snow plow came by it would run into parked cars that were covered with snow.  
2022-1-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-10 04:02
So, unless I'm totally wrong, it seems like you get "dustings" with very little accumulation.  I saw it snow so much in the Chicago area that cars would get completely covered up and then when the snow plow came by it would run into parked cars that were covered with snow.

Yes thats usually the most we get,  every few years we might get a few inches but never like the NY city scale of snow.
2022-1-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-10 07:08
Yes thats usually the most we get,  every few years we might get a few inches but never like the NY city scale of snow.

Well then that is probably a really good thing.  I never minded a good dusting just not the feet and feet of snow.  Just another reason to live in Florida.  
2022-1-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-10 14:49
Well then that is probably a really good thing.  I never minded a good dusting just not the feet and feet of snow.  Just another reason to live in Florida.

I love the snow,   but then we rarely get it,  if it was common Id probably feel differently about it.
2022-1-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-11 00:50
I love the snow,   but then we rarely get it,  if it was common Id probably feel differently about it.

If it was common it would get old in a hurry I'm sure.

You still have time this winter for that white stuff to come down.
2022-1-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-11 03:08
If it was common it would get old in a hurry I'm sure.

You still have time this winter for that white stuff to come down.

Indeed,   If we get some then it will probably be February like previous years.
2022-1-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-12 00:42
Indeed,   If we get some then it will probably be February like previous years.

February is not far off now.  Hard to believe we are already 12 day into January.  Speaking of that the M3 firmware update should be coming soon one would think.  I was watching a Podcast that featured the DJI Communications Manager.  He was somewhat defensive answering questions about M3 issues and was not forthcoming at all about DJI products being released in 2022.  Guess that is what you call a typical Corporate mouth piece.  
2022-1-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-12 11:54
February is not far off now.  Hard to believe we are already 12 day into January.  Speaking of that the M3 firmware update should be coming soon one would think.  I was watching a Podcast that featured the DJI Communications Manager.  He was somewhat defensive answering questions about M3 issues and was not forthcoming at all about DJI products being released in 2022.  Guess that is what you call a typical Corporate mouth piece.

Lol,   I think I saw that too.  

I did see January 17th floated as the firmware date but things have gone quiet on it.
2022-1-13
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Nicely done.
2022-1-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

thanks ro_flyer.   
2022-1-13
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

2022-1-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-13 00:45
Lol,   I think I saw that too.  

I did see January 17th floated as the firmware date but things have gone quiet on it.

I think DJI know this firmware update has to be as bug free as possible to quell all the negativity surrounding the premature release of the M3.
2022-1-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-13 16:17
I think DJI know this firmware update has to be as bug free as possible to quell all the negativity surrounding the premature release of the M3.

Yes. absolutely. needs to be spot on.   I bet its not.
2022-1-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-14 03:38
Yes. absolutely. needs to be spot on.   I bet its not.

You're probably right.  With the Chinese New Year coming up quickly they may be in too big of rush to get something, anything out to make it a bug free product.  However, without any close competition to push them they will just continue down this path.  
2022-1-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-15 05:35
You're probably right.  With the Chinese New Year coming up quickly they may be in too big of rush to get something, anything out to make it a bug free product.  However, without any close competition to push them they will just continue down this path.

Did you see the reviews of the new Autel vs Mini2.  The camera is something else.
2022-1-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-16 02:36
Did you see the reviews of the new Autel vs Mini2.  The camera is something else.

I watched a couple on both the Nano+ and Lite+.  I'm impressed with the camera on the Lite+.  I think that is the one Suren bought to play with while waiting on his replacement M3.
2022-1-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-16 03:49
I watched a couple on both the Nano+ and Lite+.  I'm impressed with the camera on the Lite+.  I think that is the one Suren bought to play with while waiting on his replacement M3.

Tech Drone Media has done one too,   the night performance is stunning compared to the mini2.
2022-1-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-16 03:49
I watched a couple on both the Nano+ and Lite+.  I'm impressed with the camera on the Lite+.  I think that is the one Suren bought to play with while waiting on his replacement M3.

Oh and they are bound to annoy a lot of people,  they just added NFZs to their app too.
2022-1-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-16 03:58
Tech Drone Media has done one too,   the night performance is stunning compared to the mini2.

I checked it out.  The low light performance is incredible.  
2022-1-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-16 03:59
Oh and they are bound to annoy a lot of people,  they just added NFZs to their app too.

That's a shame.  No NFZs was a draw to many.
2022-1-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-16 03:59

2022-1-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-17 12:47
I checked it out.  The low light performance is incredible.

Makes me wonder what the Mini3 will bring to compete with it.
2022-1-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-17 12:50

Yes,   but some countries are beginning to require it as part of the drone rules so it was inevitable.
2022-1-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-17 12:50

Another double there DT.
2022-1-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-18 00:07
Makes me wonder what the Mini3 will bring to compete with it.

You pose an interesting question.  Can't wait to see what DJI comes up with.
2022-1-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-18 00:08
Yes,   but some countries are beginning to require it as part of the drone rules so it was inevitable.

Yeah, I can understand that but it drew a lot of flyers away from DJI that were fed up with force fed NFZs.
2022-1-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-18 00:08
Another double there DT.

Would appear so.  
2022-1-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Another dodgy forum day I guess.
2022-1-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-19 10:53
Yeah, I can understand that but it drew a lot of flyers away from DJI that were fed up with force fed NFZs.

Indeed. but sadly the rules are the rules.
2022-1-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-19 10:52
You pose an interesting question.  Can't wait to see what DJI comes up with.

Hopefully something that works right out the box and not have to wait months for firmware updates.
2022-1-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-20 00:26
Another dodgy forum day I guess.

It was.  

Saw a few new spammers show up.  Not sure how much business they drum up with the posts they make but it does get a bit old seeing them.
2022-1-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-20 00:26
Indeed. but sadly the rules are the rules.

Exactly.  I'm sure we will see even more drone restrictions in the future.  

On a different topic, did you see all the negative publicity that 5G is getting near major US airports?
2022-1-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-20 00:27
Hopefully something that works right out the box and not have to wait months for firmware updates.

Now is that a novel idea.  

Seems like the norm for DJI, Autel, Hubsan, etc. releasing a product in Alpha stage and then trying to catch up to the bugs with SW/FW updates.
2022-1-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-20 03:44
Now is that a novel idea.  

Seems like the norm for DJI, Autel, Hubsan, etc. releasing a product in Alpha stage and then trying to catch up to the bugs with SW/FW updates.

I wonder if its a culture thing.
2022-1-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-20 03:42
Exactly.  I'm sure we will see even more drone restrictions in the future.  

On a different topic, did you see all the negative publicity that 5G is getting near major US airports?

Yes. The 5g frequency might affect the aircraft landing systems for deciding their height,  although I thought other countries had already launched the 5g without issue.
2022-1-20
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules