Osmo Action 3 overheating
123Next >
15254 100 2022-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jonatan.N
Second Officer
Flight distance : 170627 ft

Hack and avoid the overheat limit, https://www.camforpro.com/blog/d ... berhitzung-stoppen/Thank me later
2022-12-20
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Translated from that site:
"there is a legal requirement for camera recording equipment in Europe. This states that recording must stop automatically if the camera body exceeds 48 degrees. "

Never heard about it and didn't find anything about it by searching.

2022-12-20
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Jonatan.N Posted at 12-20 19:33
Hack and avoid the overheat limit, https://www.camforpro.com/blog/d ... berhitzung-stoppen/Thank me later

I'm doing one last 4k60 test and then I'll cool, charge and try…
2022-12-21
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Test without crack:
4k60, loop off and it made 4 videos 05:09, 05:13, 05:23, 04:42 why??? total 20:27. Battery 100%--->80%
I'll try crack later.

1671610930867.jpg
IMG_20221221_092131_031.jpg
2022-12-21
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

johansenfoto Posted at 12-20 22:59
Translated from that site:
"there is a legal requirement for camera recording equipment in Europe. This states that recording must stop automatically if the camera body exceeds 48 degrees. "

There is actually a safety requirement document that says so. The requirement is different for the US. I've seen the specs somewhere a while back.
2022-12-21
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

So far 41 minutes 65°C 60% bat. and it goes on
2022-12-21
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

my camera  will say screen will shut down and continue recording
2022-12-21
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Test with crack:

I finished it in 46 minutes. Batt. 53% and again 9 files, why? I uploaded both the zip and the unzipped file to the root...

2022-12-21
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

osmonauta Posted at 12-21 04:17
There is actually a safety requirement document that says so. The requirement is different for the US. I've seen the specs somewhere a while back.

Ah okay.

Have anyone testet this hack?
2022-12-21
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

johansenfoto Posted at 12-21 06:14
Ah okay.

Have anyone testet this hack?

Look 5cm above
I've already edited the statuses a bit to make it clear.
2022-12-21
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

I find that I still have a protective glass on the front display, so the heat dissipation of the body is a little worse. I also had it on the back, but there, after putting on the original protective case, it pressed on the protective glass and had to go down because it was catching air....
2022-12-21
Use props
Rusev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 461985 ft
United States

Fishycomics Posted at 12-21 05:34
my camera  will say screen will shut down and continue recording

I watched videos on YouTube and expected it to turn out like this, but apparently in Europe there is such a safety requirement and it directly stops recording. I'll try the crack later.
2022-12-21
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Although I'm exaggerating, normally I'm afraid to install a new fw that will surely come out one day, so that it doesn't add stupid EU regulations (e.g. carbon footprint).....They already have the crowd behavior checked, so in the next waves of fear, maybe if the camera doesn't read QR from the greenpass, it won't even allow filming, taking pictures, downloading better and better fw It's unreal what officials from the desk can approve and enforce for our money... even OA3 doesn't have gps
2022-12-21
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

so what crack?

DJI should not put a stop to just a country.
2022-12-21
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Fishycomics Posted at 12-21 08:20
so what crack?

DJI should not put a stop to just a country.

As I not only wrote, the crack works. I stopped the recording at 41 minutes, until when would it continue? I do not know. I wanted to confirm - refute that in the latest fw there is something "extra" from EU officials....
2022-12-21
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Support, why does it make multiple videos for me when I have Loop - OFF and not just one? I noticed it more than once with 4k60.
2022-12-21
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rusev Posted at 12-21 07:47
I watched videos on YouTube and expected it to turn out like this, but apparently in Europe there is such a safety requirement and it directly stops recording. I'll try the crack later.

There is an EU requirement. One of my cameras (and I can’t remember which!) came shipped with the EU requirement for overheating, but in the menu system, they provided a switch to turn it off.

Apparently, the camera could then be sold in the EU and anyone requiring longer recording times could simply switch it off.

It was labelled something like ‘extended recording time’.
2022-12-21
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Oh Kay, thanks
2022-12-21
Use props
CRAIGMART75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1543901 ft
  • >>>
United States

StevoB Posted at 12-21 07:18
I find that I still have a protective glass on the front display, so the heat dissipation of the body is a little worse. I also had it on the back, but there, after putting on the original protective case, it pressed on the protective glass and had to go down because it was catching air....

I have both front and back Protective glass and did a test record (Stationary) at 4K/60 RS+ screens off and it recorded until the 100 % battery ran out.. I did get a warning when battery was about  10% left. but went away
2022-12-21
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

CRAIGMART75 Posted at 12-21 17:44
I have both front and back Protective glass and did a test record (Stationary) at 4K/60 RS+ screens off and it recorded until the 100 % battery ran out.. I did get a warning when battery was about  10% left. but went away

fw 1.2.10.10?
2022-12-21
Use props
RelakS
lvl.1
Hungary

Iancraig10 Posted at 12-21 09:30
There is an EU requirement. One of my cameras (and I can’t remember which!) came shipped with the EU requirement for overheating, but in the menu system, they provided a switch to turn it off.

Apparently, the camera could then be sold in the EU and anyone requiring longer recording times could simply switch it off.

I would be glad to have this for all DJI cameras (I have the action 2 and 3). Flash some red warnings when you turn on the camera that it can be hot. Make it even persist until you don't acknowledge it. But come on! The Action 3 is not even hot outside, when it shuts down, only warm to the touch.
I wonder how this camera will work, outside during a hot summer day.
2022-12-22
Use props
Rusev
lvl.4
United States

Jonatan.N Posted at 12-20 19:33

Do I have to upload the file to every card I use every time?
2022-12-22
Use props
CRAIGMART75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1543901 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes the same
2022-12-22
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

But the "overheating" and then turning off the recording make fw for EU.  You're from the US, it's not an official decision there, it's just not fw like fw, pure racism And maybe it even varies by state...
2022-12-23
Use props
Rusev
lvl.4
United States

I did some tests.
I put the file on the card that was giving me problems with the recording time, I put it in the camera, but I decided to put another card after that, which is faster Lexar 633x 64gb v30 A1 U3.
I have good results with it: at room temperature around 20 degrees C, 4k/60 - 80 min. normal color, 4k/30 - 90 min. normal color. When it warmed up, it only stopped the display and continued to record. It was pretty hot after every record.
Apparently my problem is with the sd card and not with the country.
2022-12-24
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

should ru a test outside at 10 plus degrees f today, why, all this was done at DJI, or they are passing defects to the world. shoot shorter worry less
2022-12-24
Use props
Rusev
lvl.4
United States

I think in the cold weather will be better, only the batteries must be warm when start shooting. In fact i`ll never shoot this long in real time.
2022-12-24
Use props
SportsVideo
lvl.1

Czechia

Jonatan.N Posted at 2022-12-20 19:33

Thank you! Now it is worrking great.
2023-2-11
Use props
snowcatxx87
lvl.2
Flight distance : 290564 ft
Canada

Just to play devils advocate - if you bought this tiny camera to sit on a tripod for a sports event / kids singing, I think you bought the wrong camera haha. This is designed to be stuck to a helmet, or bike, or on top of a car or whatever. For events like the above, I use my larger sony a7iii and long lens. With the wide angle lens I am sure you cant see shieeeet at a sports event or kids recital haha.
2023-2-11
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

snowcatxx87 Posted at 2-11 14:18
Just to play devils advocate - if you bought this tiny camera to sit on a tripod for a sports event / kids singing, I think you bought the wrong camera haha. This is designed to be stuck to a helmet, or bike, or on top of a car or whatever. For events like the above, I use my larger sony a7iii and long lens. With the wide angle lens I am sure you cant see shieeeet at a sports event or kids recital haha.

Not necessarily. Timelapse is designed to put the camera on a tripod. The battery lasted me about 200 minutes - that's almost 3.5 hours - on 1080p.
2023-2-11
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Just to play devils advocate - if you bought this tiny camera to sit on a tripod for a sports event / kids singing, I think you bought the wrong camera haha. This is designed to be stuck to a helmet, or bike, or on top of a car or whatever. For events like the above, I use my larger sony a7iii and long lens. With the wide angle lens I am sure you cant see shieeeet at a sports event or kids recital haha.

Mine is  always on a tripod and arm. works as expected. glad they left out the  Temp threshold LOL
2023-2-11
Use props
hurtighansen1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 28937 ft
United States

IftiBashir Posted at 2022-11-5 13:32
You have to remember old cameras have less powerful chipsets. The chips in these newer cameras are so powerful now, and with that power comes heat. You can't compare a 6 year old camera with the latest and greatest, and expect them to run the same. If thats the case, then your better sticking with your Hero 5! You now have to consider bit rate, the larger sensors, and so on. All push the latest chipsets to run harder, resulting in more heat. All the latest cameras suffer from it.

Hey Bashir

I have oa1+3 running all day while fishing.
Or trying too.
My old oa1 can run 2,7k 50f all day np. it du get warm. need big sd card, lots of into. but works.
My new oa3 i "did" run 4k 50f np. it did not get warm at all. i can run info on harf the sice sd card. And when i the to use, 50f slow in post. it do look bad. real bad. useless. ? tells me, to run 4k no overheating, they have turn down bitrate and other speks.
Now am in here, looking for answers, my oa3 just shut down. no bib, no nothing i seen yet. still running same 4k 50f, HB ? do tell me. that's a problem. Do not get warm. So. bad 50f and turn off. Kind of useless now.
My best cam, still is garmin virb ultra lol just works
2023-2-11
Use props
hurtighansen1
lvl.3
United States

SportsVideo Posted at 2022-11-13 02:02
So I bought a new SD card Samsung Pro Plus 256GB V30 A2 UHS-I Speed Grade 3 sd card recommended by DJI for Action 3. And I ran the tests with the results:

I'm a bit disappointed too.
Love the cam. But i do run it 4k 50f nonstop all day, fishing. did work. Now it turns off, 5min-30min just shot down ? wdf
Slowing down 50f in post looks real bad ? wdf
i will try new card, and turn of voice commanding  
Starting with vc can be that. responding.
but but 50f slow in post. damn. When that fish im been waiting on jumps, grrrr. and chance its not recording
oa1 is a way better cam.
2023-2-12
Use props
Maxime Bermond
lvl.3
Italy

Jonatan.N Posted at 2022-12-20 19:33

Can it also be done with Action 2?
2023-2-12
Use props
SportsVideo
lvl.1

Czechia

I can agree with you, but only half. For outdoor sports without debate.
The second use I have it for is shooting sports videos as a coach -- to analyze and improve players. Sports in the hall, where there is no space -- you need a wide FOV, long stamina and remote control (via mobile) and fast processing. I have not found better cameras than these.
For example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll9R4URmIC0&t=12s

And you really don't want to use a heavy big mirrorless for that (I use the A9 myself but not for this).
2023-2-12
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

gonna go do a Drone video 4K120F will not overheat like a gopro lOL
2023-2-12
Use props
hurtighansen1
lvl.3
United States

SportsVideo Posted at 2-12 03:50
I can agree with you, but only half. For outdoor sports without debate.
The second use I have it for is shooting sports videos as a coach -- to analyze and improve players. Sports in the hall, where there is no space -- you need a wide FOV, long stamina and remote control (via mobile) and fast processing. I have not found better cameras than these.
For example:

Well, if you don't make $ from fotage. a oa3 stationary can do a lot, 2 can do more, 3 now we talking. Then multiedit it, use best sound. If it's rains, get kicked over, so on. Do not matter. Just keep filming.
Now oa3 have timecode, so, yes, that's the cam for that.
Now, we talk, we can get close to the sport. But, golf, fishing, lot of sport, or, other things.
Im not using trypods, i use monopods, and banksticks. But i do have 4 action cams and 1 360 cam. do have dslr too. but thats for photo.
2023-2-16
Use props
Ralf G.
lvl.2
Germany

Well... I bought my OA3 in october. My first recordings were very long, I am pet groomer and I could record an entire dog treatment of two hours without any problem on 4K30, and this in a pretty warm ambient temperature around 25°C!!! Then the new firmware came out and the fun was instantly over! The cam now gives up and shuts down after about 20 minutes. Also the cam did not get hot at all before the firmware update and now it actually gets really really warm to the touch. I will try the crack now, thanks for the tipp @Jonatan.N!
2023-3-6
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Ralf G. Posted at 3-6 04:06
Well... I bought my OA3 in october. My first recordings were very long, I am pet groomer and I could record an entire dog treatment of two hours without any problem on 4K30, and this in a pretty warm ambient temperature around 25°C!!! Then the new firmware came out and the fun was instantly over! The cam now gives up and shuts down after about 20 minutes. Also the cam did not get hot at all before the firmware update and now it actually gets really really warm to the touch. I will try the crack now, thanks for the tipp @Jonatan.N!

Turn off RockSteady if it is stationary.
2023-3-6
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

FPS lower down, Rocksteady can  be off if stationary, and well good luck on Bluetooth, DJ has a temp threshold on low and  should request them to release for high to all
2023-3-6
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules