4530 45 2016-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

gcoan2000@yahoo Posted at 2016-8-13 07:33
I agree, but it should just tell you that it won't initiate it and to land manually,  rather than  ...

I'm sorry about that, it does explain it in the manual.
2016-8-13
Use props
gcoan2000
lvl.1
Flight distance : 655600 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-13 12:26
I'm sorry about that, it does explain it in the manual.

Would you, or someone from DJI, please search for and respond to my post from a week or so ago titled "Phantom 4 Replacing Gimbal Issue"?
2016-8-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

gcoan2000@yahoo Posted at 2016-8-19 19:03
Would you, or someone from DJI, please search for and respond to my post from a week or so ago tit ...

I'm sorry it wasn't responded to. I've replied to it.
2016-8-19
Use props
The Roach
lvl.3
Flight distance : 412835 ft
  • >>>
United States

You also need to set your return to home altitude.  It may have been set too low to clear the trees.  I set mine for 300 feet which should clear about anything around here.
2016-8-19
Use props
SimplePanda
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1719062 ft
  • >>>
Canada

gcoan2000@yahoo Posted at 2016-8-12 19:33
I agree, but it should just tell you that it won't initiate it and to land manually,  rather than  ...

This is why UAV's aren't toys and testing autonomous features you're not familiar with in areas with obstructions (that includes trees) is a likely recipe for a crash.

You f*cked up. It happens. Especially if you're just learning to fly or use a new flight controller system. You're not a lesser person because of it (though you really should have read and understood that part of the manual before using the feature in question).

... but you are still responsible for that crash.

As an aside, DJI Care is exactly the product for new pilots and you'd be in good shape to look into it for your replacement aircraft.
2016-8-19
Use props
DadDog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2907 ft
United States

According to the manual there are 3 types of RTH.  Smart RTH (manually push the button), Low battery RTH, and Failsafe RTH (loss of controller signal).
The 20m radius is mentioned under the Failsafe only.
The way the manual reads is that the 20m radius scenario does not apply to Smart RTH or Low Battery RTH.
However the 20m altitude scenario does (phantom4 pg15).
The way I read it is if you are under 20m altitude and any of the three RTH's are triggered, it will first climb to 20m not the preset Failsafe altitude.
I thought it would climb to the preset altitude, so I must interpret this as if you're inside the 20m radius that it will climb to 20m altitude.
The manual is very ambiguous and confusing in certain areas.
You must read, then go into a big field and interpret what you have read.

Better yet, how about dji make RTH more simple;
When engaged, it will ascend (if below) to the preset Failsafe altitude, or maintain current altitude (if above the preset) and fly to the home point and ascend to the ground.
Change software to remove all 20m radius and 20m altitude restrictions.
Update the manual.
2016-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules