Cant get my Phantom 3 standard working
5779 48 2017-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
M88lty
New

United Kingdom

Bourgeois Posted at 2017-1-7 11:28
The problem(s) discussed in this thread are regarding a P3 Standard. You say yours is a Professional. Doubtful any problems and/or solutions discussed here apply to you. I suggest you start your own thread for your P3Pro problems/

Are firmware updates not the same  for standard,advance and pro? as there's a lot of people having this issue which is the same as my one?
2017-1-7
Use props
Alex-
lvl.1

Germany

No, please listen to Bourgeois and create a topic in the P3P forum.
2017-1-7
Use props
M88lty
New

United Kingdom

I just did this and it worked let us know how you get on https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q-x1bP0ZQ8w
2017-1-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

mpoole13 Posted at 2017-1-6 18:46
This did not work either.

Sorry to hear about that, I do suggest you send it in for evaluation by our engineers since you have done all the basic troubleshooting already.
You can submit here for a case number and apply for pickup: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
2017-1-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

M88lty Posted at 2017-1-7 12:02
Sounds very similar to me updates are bound to be the same.

What is the led status on Remote?  please make sure they are linked to each other properly.
Then please check the firmware version on "About" page via APP, all should be up to date.
Besides, what mobile device you are using to connect the RC?
2017-1-10
Use props
chrisw94
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Issue has been resolved. Firmware update appeared in app today. Update allowed my controller to connect to the drone.
2017-1-15
Use props
fans799f96c2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3428 ft
United States

I also experienced 'RC Signal Lost' on my brand new P3S right out of the box, before Christmas.  Took me 6 hours of 'tinkering', basically doing the same things over and over again.
I was using my I Phone 6S.  As soon as I turned everything on, the first time, following the instructinos exactly, the App said to upgrade the firmware.  I did.  And I got the 'RC Signal Lost' notice on the screen.
With an I Phone, you can not delete an App and start over.  You think you are deleting it if you hold down on the app, then delete it, but you are only deleting it from your phone, not from the Apple 'Cloud'.  The app is saved (with settings) in your 'Cloud' account online.  If you access your Cloud account on a computer, you will find the App.  There is no way to  delete it.  You can hide it, but you can't delete it.  This is something that Apple has designed so that if you accidentally delete an App that you paid money for, you can retrieve it for free.  I don't like it, but that's the way it is.
What this all means is, even if you delete the DJI Go app from your I phone, you won't be able to re-install the firmware to 'try again', because the app always remembers you already installed it.  I suspect the only way for it to allow a new install is when a new version comes out.
Anway, I did find a way around this - and at least for me, it worked.
I used my wife's Galaxy tablet (don't know the model, but it's a really low end product, 3 years old).
I downloaded the DJI App, onto the Galaxy, and?  It asked me if I wanted to update the firmware!  Yes!
I followed the instructions again.
And this time, it worked!  The dreaded RC Signal Lost did not show up, I walked the aircraft and controller into my garage and I got GPS green signals, and everything worked.
I then turned off the Galaxy, controller and aircraft and tried to run the appwith my I Phone.
It too worked.  
And it's been working fine ever since.
I will be hard pressed to update firmware if and when they issue a new version.  I'll wait a good long time until the bugs are worked out.

Here's a couple things I can offer:
1.  Of course, this all happened on the weekend, so DJI support was not available.  I sent an email to DJI for help, and they responded right away on Monday, asking me to send some screen shots.  Being new to DJI, I was very happy with the support, and I was even able to 'chat' with a technician in a reasonable amount of time.
2.  Someone mentioned upgrading firmware from the SD Card.  It's my understanding that you can not do that wiht a P3S.  I tried, I even found the newest firmware online on another website, downloaded it to the SD Card, but it didn't do anything.

I wish I could help more, with a specific, clear, instruction to fix it, but I can't remember if there was any one thing that made it work.

All I can say is, I read post after post on the internet of people saying they had to send their product back for repair/replacement.  No one wants to hear that.  I'm sure most people are like me.  First of all, if you're on this forum for the 'Standard' version Phantom, there's a reason for that.  I suspect, just like me, you don't have a lot of money to spend on this sport.  For me?  the sweet spot was when DJI dropped the price to $399 for a few weeks.  I jumpted on it.  It's my first 'real' aircraft.  I've had the UBI, the Signma's, all $50 quad copters.  I forced myself to learn on those for a good 3 or 4 months.  I've finally upgraded to the Phantom, just squeaking into the market at the lowest price point.  The worst thing you want to do when you finally get what you've always wanted is send it back!  I tend to get the attidude of "I'll be damned if I'm sending it back unless I've exhausted every single option".
To me, those options include:  Internet searches, Youtube watching, re'tracing' my steps on installation, emailing the company (DJI), and chatting / talking with them (if possible).  I did not know about this forum until after my problem was resolved, or I would have certainly posted here.

What I am surprised is that no one from DJI has addressed this issue on this forum yet, unless they did and I don't knwo about it.

One other thing to be careful of.
Someone posted here that they had a Phantom 4, but "they are all alike".  They are not all alike.  As I understand it, all the other Phantom models are able to upgrade firmware through the SD card except the P3S.  Don't know why, but that's what I read.

Good luck, sorry this was way too long, But that's my expereience with this problem.
2017-1-15
Use props
fans799f96c2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3428 ft
United States

Oops.  One more thing, and I think this might be what I did wrong.
I just looked at the Phantom 3 Standard DJI tutorial.  
I strongly suggest that when you buy a new Phantom for the first time, you read and watch the tutorials.
There are so many tips, instructions, and good overall information on these tutorials that you reallys need to watch them.
I just watched the 'firmware upgrade' tutorial again and I think I know what I did the first time with my I phone.
And once I made that mistake, it was too late to try it again with the I phone.

In the tutorial, it says to link your phone (App) to your housefold wifi internet and download the firmware.to the app.
Once it's on your phone, the App displays "Start Upgrade".
I can't be sure, But I suspect that I probably forgot to change from my house wifi, to the Phantom - in my 'wifi settings' on my phone.
If you 'start upgrade' and you're not connected to the aircraft, it won't work.
I'm pretty sure that was my mistake.
The only problem with the tutorial is that it says "Download it again if it fails".
In my case, it never allowed me to 'download it again'.
Also, when upgrading to the aircraft, make sure that it's done upgrading before you disconnect and turn anything off.
It takes a long time to upgrade, the tutorial says 20 to 30  minutes.
That's a long time when you're standing there looking at it.
I'd walk away, and let it do it's thing for an hour or so, then come back and check.

I guess what I'm trying to offer is some possibilities as to why the upgrade fails.
In my case, I'm man enough to admit that I probably did something wrong during the upgrade process,
Thankfully, I was able to recover from it.

Thanks again.
2017-1-15
Use props
fansc5fec242
New

United Kingdom

Hello I need some help iv just took my p3s out as iv not used it for 2 weeks and all my controls are reversed can anybody help?I also tried to recalibrate my controller and it won't let me go down or left with the right analog it's set to mode 2 in the settings             sorry It won't let me open a new thread.
2017-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules