Focus issue: test shots with the latest firmware v01.01.05.40
46780 1324 2022-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Have we simply got a new camera yet? just checking in on  many pages later?
2022-11-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

MarcoR Posted at 11-12 07:37
Nice beast, I guess with A3 Pro.
And then don't write me that nonsense about batteries, you know very well that if they are identical the range for the same use is identical.
If in that Matrice 600 one of the 6 batteries pack discharges brutally before the others it means it is defective.

Your concept is anything but clear. I suppose you have taken the repair centre guys word verbatim, but having dealt with them before much can be lost in translation. Just as it is here on this forum all the time.
Strange how you think they should all work the same, because every time anyone posts some good footage or photos you seem to insist they are lucky and they don’t work like yours .

There are many reasons why one battery may preform different than others , battery maintenance is probably the main reason and not everyone gives a hoot about this.
2022-11-12
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 316335 ft
Italy

hallmark007 Posted at 11-12 10:08
Your concept is anything but clear. I suppose you have taken the repair centre guys word verbatim, but having dealt with them before much can be lost in translation. Just as it is here on this forum all the time.
Strange how you think they should all work the same, because every time anyone posts some good footage or photos you seem to insist they are lucky and they don’t work like yours .

Let's put it this way, you write whatever you want I always agree with you, always, indiscriminately.
I have tried very hard to get along with you, but you are immensely insufferable, hyper know-it-all.
I will totally ignore you now, on whatever you're going to write I will agree with you regardless so you're always happy, think as you like and live happily.
My enormous patience to try to get along with brain-dead people ends here.
According to you I can't even read what they wrote to me...but who are you? The quintessential know-it-all?
2022-11-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

MarcoR Posted at 11-12 10:18
Let's put it this way, you write whatever you want I always agree with you, always, indiscriminately.
I have tried very hard to get along with you, but you are immensely insufferable, hyper know-it-all.
I will totally ignore you now, on whatever you're going to write I will agree with you regardless so you're always happy, think as you like and live happily.

You’re are just a pig ignorant fool, but at least you agree with that…
2022-11-12
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Sunday is tomorrow, is this a Preview?     sorry but had to say that, O.T.
2022-11-12
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

MarcoR Posted at 11-12 10:18
I will totally ignore you now, on whatever you're going to write I will agree with you regardless so you're always happy, think as you like and live happily.

You should have done it a long time ago and let him live out his life. If DJI invented its own front-wheel drive car, it would argue with you that you're an amateur if you can't drift on it... btw: I just ordered a GP one one....
2022-11-12
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

and do not go over to the darkside of that forum.
2022-11-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

StevoB Posted at 11-12 11:30
You should have done it a long time ago and let him live out his life. If DJI invented its own front-wheel drive car, it would argue with you that you're an amateur if you can't drift on it... btw: I just ordered a GP one one....

Thats good to hear at least we won’t have to listen to any more of your whining on here. That will now be down to the GP forum ….
2022-11-12
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

StevoB Posted at 11-12 11:30
You should have done it a long time ago and let him live out his life. If DJI invented its own front-wheel drive car, it would argue with you that you're an amateur if you can't drift on it... btw: I just ordered a GP one one....

I always try to be kind even when I find someone who immediately starts with insults, but I too have my own level of forbearance.
And when someone here offends the moderators don't take action, this already should make many things clear.
This one came across as the one who knew everything and the others didn't know, maybe he will be a Star Wars Sit because he lives by absolutes, what others say if it is not agreeing with them then it is wrong.
Closed topic.
Those who wish I can privately send the link the service center sent me with shots they produced and consider in focus with an OA3, I would love your evaluation, in my opinion worse than many seen here.
2022-11-12
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

---Deleted---
2022-11-13
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

sunday comics is here.

Polite/rude they go hand in hand , do not let all chase one out, all have n opinion, and that said move on
2022-11-13
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

oh, by the way when is the next firmware out so this 2 point topic dies.
2022-11-13
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1420705 ft
  • >>>
Germany

We have quite bad weather and hardly any sunlight currently, but I made three comparison videos for you. With the same settings and without RS, with RS and with HB. I think the image quality is pretty comparable for A2 and A3.

Video 1

Video 2

Video 3
2022-11-13
Use props
Obrva
lvl.2
Croatia

Hi. Does anyone knows (if i order new Action 3 today - from official store) what production date is it going to be delivered to me? And does it matters any more or is it just luck to have good camera. I am located in Croatia. Tnx
2022-11-13
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

It is just luck. My replacement cam has production date 2022/09 and has obviously a good lens.  
2022-11-13
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Only you and hte rep you talk with we at the forums are like you  and will offer our opinion  get with Amazon, DJI or a local store
2022-11-13
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

Have not been following along much
But for those wanting to compare Action 2 stills or video footage
This is what the OA3 should output at 12” 4Kp30 HB
Stills at close focus are plenty sharp enough with chroma grain
Video at 4K is so so - but ok good enough for a tiny sensor

If your OA3 does this - then it is a good one - keep it
If it cannot - it is a dud

DJI may or may not fix the OA3 close focus problem
If they do not - will wait for the OA4 or whatever
The Action 2 + the X3 is a nice combo as is

Zero close focus issue at 30cm for both cams

Hope @Marco and others either get a good one
Or DJI gives them a full refund

Only moron shill trolls would push back on this

2022-11-13
Use props
fish sticks
lvl.4
New Zealand

JustName Posted at 11-13 06:42
We have quite bad weather and hardly any sunlight currently, but I made three comparison videos for you. With the same settings and without RS, with RS and with HB. I think the image quality is pretty comparable for A2 and A3.

Video 1

Thanks for sharing. It is a bit hard to make an exact frame-to-frame comparison with the cameras next to each other, but if you reproduce your original setup with the bottles, you will see for yourself that with RS on, the slightly tighter crop on OA3 makes the image "softer" compared to the A2. I did my best to get the same frame from both videos and zoomed 200% at the center to give you a rough idea.
A2:

OA3:

So, congrats on getting a better OA3, but I think you lose much more by changing view/stab settings than you gain by slightly better calibrated lens. There have been examples, like I think johansenphoto's videos, where the OA3 was very blurry both up close and in the distance, and I think he should get his camera replaced. But it isn't very hard to make a video comparison of the OA3 and the A2 and claim that the OA3 has "the focus issue".
2022-11-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Zarg Posted at 11-5 00:53
Here is the video:  https://youtu.be/TBVpiYXotU4 Wait for 4k processing.
I made these videos yesterday, this is how the lens calibration process began. Guess yourself where of the three clips the focus starts to work. It was cloudy yesterday. Today it was sunny and I finished the calibration process, I won’t upload the final video yet, I can only say that I’m completely satisfied with everything, I personally didn’t expect it to be so easy to do it all!

I guess the fact you come on a forum here to demonstrate your great feat in correcting the lens issue on the A3, but you choose to ignore anyone who might have problems that you could possibly help with your miracle cure. But no you have little or no interest in helping anyone here on this forum and while they all sing your praises you choose to bag your ideas take your plaudits and go to ground. My guess is this is complete waffle and fantasy. Coming to a forum to tell others you have a solution but you are not going to share it with anyone. What is the point….maybe its all BS…
2022-11-14
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

JustName Posted at 11-13 06:42

Video 1

Just checked your clips.

I will say that your OA3 is really sharp, and hard to tell a clear difference between A2 and OA3 without checking them side by side.
2022-11-14
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

I think so too. This would also prove that not all cameras would be affected by the focus-issue.
2022-11-14
Use props
fish sticks
lvl.4
New Zealand

JustName Posted at 11-14 11:57
I think so too. This would also prove that not all cameras would be affected by the focus-issue.

Depends what people are calling "the focus issue".
2022-11-14
Use props
djiuser_NVAtnCgLvB7p
lvl.1

United States

Yo guys! Received my replacement camera today. The date on the box is 22/09 and it's incomparably better than the old one! Good luck to y'all participating in this DJI lottery.
2022-11-14
Use props
Zarg
lvl.2

Russia

For all the adequate ones who were waiting for a video from me, it has just been processed in 4k.

For an empty word and verbiage of a troll, the hallmark007 is not relevant, I advised him to see a doctor for a long time, the cuckoo went completely.

DJI Osmo Action 3 - ФОКУС ПОКУС как исправить?

Эксшн камера DJI Osmo Action 3 - не обзор...
2022-11-15
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Zarg Posted at 11-15 00:17
For all the adequate ones who were waiting for a video from me, it has just been processed in 4k.  For an empty word and verbiage of a troll, the hallmark007 is not relevant, I advised him to see a doctor for a long time, the cuckoo went completely.
https://youtu.be/XRUPtW3hnlw

FOCUS POKUS (experiment in eng.)
2022-11-15
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

For all the adequate ones who were waiting for a video from me, it has just been processed in 4k.  For an empty word and verbiage of a troll, the hallmark007 is not relevant, I advised him to see a doctor for a long time, the cuckoo went completely.

Although I struggle not a little with understanding russian I understand from your video that the lens group is then rotatable as in other action cams and fpv cams.
So in production I don't think they will manually calibrate them one by one but will have a mechanical reference to place it at a certain distance.
Did you find it difficult to carry out such a rotation?
Is it not stopped with glue?
Thank you for the video!
2022-11-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

First video , best can be said is a pile of sh@t mostly nonsense . The second video looks more like an add for a pedophile ring and should not be watched alone.
2022-11-15
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

MarcoR Posted at 11-15 02:35
Although I struggle not a little with understanding russian I understand from your video that the lens group is then rotatable as in other action cams and fpv cams.
So in production I don't think they will manually calibrate them one by one but will have a mechanical reference to place it at a certain distance.
Did you find it difficult to carry out such a rotation?

It is glued in four places with epoxy, Zarg talks about it and shows it in the video.
2022-11-15
Use props
fish sticks
lvl.4
New Zealand

StevoB Posted at 11-15 02:50
It is glued in four places with epoxy, Zarg talks about it and shows it in the video.

He actually says that the glue is not epoxy, which is why it is possible (or easier) to rotate the lens and adjust the focus.
2022-11-15
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Спасибо! Моя камера вроде бы в фокусе, но теперь так и хочется покрутить, может будет ещё лучше! :-)
2022-11-15
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

StevoB Posted at 11-15 02:50

Okay thank you! I still don't understand how he solved the lens misalignment problem, though, since he had a different right and left focus.
By rotating I don't think you can correct that misalignment.
It would also need to be understood whether calibrating the focus for close subjects would not then compromise the focus on the far distance.
2022-11-15
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 11-15 02:41
First video , best can be said is a pile of sh@t mostly nonsense . The second video looks more like an add for a pedophile ring and should not be watched alone.
---Deleted---
2022-11-15
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

He made his first attempts with an additional lens. This also caused the different focus on the left and right. After that, he only rotated the lens and was even able to lower the minimum focus distance.
2022-11-15
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

fish sticks Posted at 11-15 03:00
He actually says that the glue is not epoxy, which is why it is possible (or easier) to rotate the lens and adjust the focus.

I guess I misunderstood...
2022-11-15
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

JustName Posted at 11-15 03:13
He made his first attempts with an additional lens. This also caused the different focus on the left and right. After that, he only rotated the lens and was even able to lower the minimum focus distance.

It had a blurry left part from production, not by adding diopric glass.
2022-11-15
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

MarcoR Posted at 11-15 03:07
Okay thank you! I still don't understand how he solved the lens misalignment problem, though, since he had a different right and left focus.
By rotating I don't think you can correct that misalignment.
It would also need to be understood whether calibrating the focus for close subjects would not then compromise the focus on the far distance.

Maybe the entire tube into which the lens is screwed was misaligned by a micro degree, and it found the right place by rotating it. As I see it, the first pieces of AO3 were quickly assembled to participate in the premiere at the same time as GP11
2022-11-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Iancraig10 Posted at 11-15 03:11
Not interested? Bye bye.

So you learned something from it. Please let us know. Only thing I learned was focus shifted when he went messing about the lens. Absolutely nothing else.
2022-11-15
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

---Deleted---
2022-11-15
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

Iancraig10 Posted at 11-15 07:04
Not interested? No use to you?  Believe it or not, this forum doesn't revolve around YOU or your needs necessarily. No use to you? Then just  go away and don't leave the usual nasty comment.

This forum is for different people with differing views and differing levels of skill and knowledge.

"You think you are" is the right expression, he believes.
Here in Italy we brand them as "TDC," which is an acronym I won't explain here.
On Amazon Italy now the Action 2 Combo is at €199.
2022-11-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Iancraig10 Posted at 11-15 07:04
Not interested? No use to you?  Believe it or not, this forum doesn't revolve around YOU or your needs necessarily. No use to you? Then just  go away and don't leave the usual nasty comment.

This forum is for different people with differing views and differing levels of skill and knowledge.

I guess that means you learned nothing from it. You need to go back and look at your own derogatory comments. People in glass houses and all that.
2022-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules