Aircraft totally unstable and aggressive after recent firmware up...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CentralOtagoKiw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 170988 ft
New Zealand

Moshe.mmm Posted at 2017-7-30 01:18
Hello Natalia,
As you can see in these 2 threds I attached here. dji THOR and SUSAN have no idea about our problem which you promised me is currently being working on, and that's the status for few weeks.
Are you sure your staff is working on the severe stability issue with a new fw?

There's a DJI Diana adding to the confusion too.
2017-7-30
Use props
ramse123
New

Denmark

Barnston Posted at 2017-7-8 11:28
I am experiencing a number of issues after the new update.
1 Instability in manual flight
2 Terrain following, doesn't

I have exactly the same problems, and yes I have calibrated everything, restarted etc. it still does fly as it did before. Hope DJI will wake up soon and fix it
2017-7-30
Use props
F.KOK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19109472 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

Hello Natalia,
As you can see in these 2 threds I attached here. dji THOR and SUSAN have no idea about our problem which you promised me is currently being working on, and that's the status for few weeks.

I agree with Moshe and Pareja and a lot of other Phantom 4 owners it's really ridiculous. DJI please handle these issues with integrity to those owners who are very, very patient.
2017-7-30
Use props
Pakawan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7264 ft
Thailand

Hello Natalia,

3 weeks ago, DJI did not do anything to resolve these issues.
2017-7-30
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 814232 ft
Guernsey

It has to be a bad update where it’s not being written correctly first time around. I’ve had no problems everyone is having here.
The problem I have is at times on power up I get a double ESC startup sound. One lower volume and then the normal volume afterwards. Not sure if this will cause any issues. Or is indicating a problem.
2017-7-30
Use props
F.KOK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19109472 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

Zisojohn Posted at 2017-7-29 17:12
Yes. It was not stable and it is unbelievable rock again, no pauses, no distance disconnections. I tested for 4 hours. I recharged my batteries and i tested again. All good.

Hello Zisojohn I just want to be really sure, was your Drone unstable and behaving  erratically, wobbling like on the posted videos on the forum, before you did the refreshing etc a few times and after that it is rock solid.
2017-7-30
Use props
gyrex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7454275 ft
  • >>>
Maldives

StephenGSY Posted at 2017-7-30 04:05
It has to be a bad update where it’s not being written correctly first time around. I’ve had no problems everyone is having here.
The problem I have is at times on power up I get a double ESC startup sound. One lower volume and then the normal volume afterwards. Not sure if this will cause any issues. Or is indicating a problem.

What video resolution do you record in normally? Can you record video in 4K 30fps and tell me if the camera restarts after some time?
2017-7-30
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.3
Guernsey

gyrex Posted at 2017-7-30 04:46
What video resolution do you record in normally? Can you record video in 4K 30fps and tell me if the camera restarts after some time?

Trying now. Had to change to NTSC as I normally use PAL. 2 Minutes in and Camera still ok. How long normally does it take for your issue to appear?
2017-7-30
Use props
Juliano Cruz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4158868 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Duchunter Posted at 2017-7-29 17:29
Did you flash it multiple times? It appears that all the data isnt written the first time and it that causes some things not to work. If you just flash it 2 or 3 times that will insure all the data is written and fix any issues.

I checked the about session in DJI Go app and I realized that the Aircraft version was named as Unknow, so I assumed anything got wrong during the downgrade procedure. I did everything again, now it is showing a version number instead of Unknow, I beleave it will work now. I'll test this afternoon and return here if everything was ok.
I also downgrade my radio to 1.6.0. I can't returned it to 1.8.0.  Can I use 1.6.0 or it's recommended to update to the lastest version?
2017-7-30
Use props
MartyMcFly
New
Flight distance : 132188 ft
Germany

I am experiencing the same problems. Flight is unstable even if there is no wind. In Sport Mode it's even worse. Is DJI really working on it?!
2017-7-30
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.3
Guernsey

StephenGSY Posted at 2017-7-30 05:22
Trying now. Had to change to NTSC as I normally use PAL. 2 Minutes in and Camera still ok. How long normally does it take for your issue to appear?

Ten minutes of flight and no issues at all. Video recording all the way through with no interruptions.
2017-7-30
Use props
fans1030ec19
lvl.2
Flight distance : 666532 ft
United States

Installed new firmware upgrade to ver. 02.000.0106 and now have problems as previously stated in this post. Also, inititated RTH and aircraft would not descend and remained at 200 ft. and appeared to be searching for home point as distance from home point on controller showed between 3 and 5 feet. The aircraft was unable to get any closer and I guess that is why it would not land automatically. Also upgraded to newest version of DJI Go 4 and now have no maps. Currently running the following;
App...........4.1.3
AC.............02.00.0106
RC.............1.9.2
FL..............01.00.01.04
AP..............01.00.01.04
Help DJI. Hover is very unstable and signal strength is also very weak. About 2000 ft. is normal before I loose signal. Friend had Mavic and in the same area never loosed signal. Running Ipad mini 4 with 128 gig.
2017-7-30
Use props
blackmennewstyl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3571004 ft
Thailand

It's really annoying, some people like me have a great flight experience with the latest firmware while others have incredible troubles...

Can it be caused by aircrafts with slightly differents hardwares (ESCs, motors, IMUs)...
2017-7-30
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Juliano Cruz Posted at 2017-7-30 05:52
I checked the about session in DJI Go app and I realized that the Aircraft version was named as Unknow, so I assumed anything got wrong during the downgrade procedure. I did everything again, now it is showing a version number instead of Unknow, I beleave it will work now. I'll test this afternoon and return here if everything was ok.
I also downgrade my radio to 1.6.0. I can't returned it to 1.8.0.  Can I use 1.6.0 or it's recommended to update to the lastest version?

Yeah you can use any version on the controller with 0602.
2017-7-30
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.3
Guernsey

Blackmennewest
This is exactly what I’m thinking. Has to be some logical explanation. Mine was supplied to me from DJI as new replacement just about a month ago.
2017-7-30
Use props
Flyin Ryan 420
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2334925 ft
United States

Hello Natalia,

Right!!! Is f@@cking annoying!!!!
2017-7-30
Use props
Satstream
Second Officer
Flight distance : 392024 ft
Germany

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-7-8 17:52
Guys, as tempting (and as easy) as it is to bash DJI, I'd recommend we stick close to the facts about this issue as possible. We need to demonstrate that this is a clear and present problem that needs to be resolved quickly and the best way to do that is to document the issue as extensively and concisely as possible.

Just as it is, all the possibilities tried out no satisfactory solution found!
DJI please respond to these problems!
2017-7-30
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

Satstream Posted at 2017-7-30 12:14
Just as it is, all the possibilities tried out no satisfactory solution found!
DJI please respond to these problems!

Yeah, at this stage - bash away
2017-7-30
Use props
Zisojohn
lvl.1

Greece

F.KOK Posted at 2017-7-30 04:16
Hello Zisojohn I just want to be really sure, was your Drone unstable and behaving  erratically, wobbling like on the posted videos on the forum, before you did the refreshing etc a few times and after that it is rock solid.

Yes exactly. It was too aggrrssive as some videos posted. I tested again yesterday. I have no issues. Believe me or not it is so rock than ever.
2017-7-30
Use props
beeper
lvl.4
Australia

Hi Everyone
I sent a email to support about problems with the firmware and was told that they have not had any complaints or problems. I think everyone should start sending emails to support and force them to open their eyes.
2017-7-30
Use props
CentralOtagoKiw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 170988 ft
New Zealand

Checked my Phantom 4 today - I'd already upgraded...couldn't even remember doing it. Anyway, upgraded Go on the NVidia Shield K1 and then did the RC update, and finally refreshed the Phantom firmware.

Upon testing I couldn't detect any issues. I haven't tried any recording at 4K yet, but the Shield didn't crash once in a 10 minute flight, and there were no erroneous green or purple bars on the display.

Further testing yet to do, but so far I think I've dodged a bullet.
2017-7-30
Use props
wangrincreation
lvl.4
Flight distance : 984436 ft
Canada

beeper Posted at 2017-7-30 22:06
Hi Everyone
I sent a email to support about problems with the firmware and was told that they have not had any complaints or problems. I think everyone should start sending emails to support and force them to open their eyes.

Even we contact them, they will ask us to ship our birds. The last time I did contact the DJI support, they ask me to ship them my P4, and we all know what is the issue. Just face the reality, DJI screw up us and we are at their mercy till they release a fix. But, hey, we learnt the lesson and we have now a tool to backup and flash firmware....
2017-7-30
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1084961 ft
Spain

Hi Everyone

I did so 3 weeks ago. No answer yet.
2017-7-30
Use props
Rockafilly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 464633 ft
Germany

Other Threads they are right now able to answer, in our case they seem to be dead. This is rediculous. Lost my trust in you, DJI. But for what im wrighting here.?! You wont care about unless i buy a new product.
2017-7-30
Use props
sarpo
New
Spain

I'm terribly disappointed with DJI.
Update everything to the latest version this month, now my P4 is much more aggressive, when I make an "aggressive" flight THE VIDEO IS FINISHED.

€ 1,500 In a device that only gives problems.

* In addition, I had to buy a new RC (350 €), since my old RC emitted a red light and a constant beep and the only solution of the technical support is that I sent my dron and RC to Holland. (I live in Spain).

It's summer and that's when I have more work for my phantom. Luckily I do not dedicate myself exclusively to recording work, because then I would not eat every month ...
2017-7-30
Use props
gyrex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Maldives

Hi Everyone

Are you joking?
2017-7-31
Use props
beeper
lvl.4
Australia

Everyone needs to email DJI support and complain.
2017-7-31
Use props
beeper
lvl.4
Australia

Email from DJI support today

Good day.

Thank you for contacting DJI Support.
We do apologize for the inconvenience.
We'll be more than happy to help you out with your concern.

As of the moment, we haven't had a issue for the latest firmware update.
If you are experiencing any issue with your unit, kindly elaborate it further in order to understand and analyze your concern better.

For any future concerns and inquiries, feel free to log on to our website, that will be www.dji.com. We also have our DJI channels in Youtube for troubleshooting and tutorials about your aircraft.

If you have any cocnern, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

2017-7-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

We feel very sorry for the trouble you've been caused, we have reported your case to the engineers who are working on it recently.
We'll update the info to you once we hear from them.
Appreciate your patience!
2017-7-31
Use props
beeper
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-31 03:05
We feel very sorry for the trouble you've been caused, we have reported your case to the engineers who are working on it recently.

Hi Natalia
Why when I emailed support today do they not know anything about the problems with this firmware.This has been going for too long we need answers.
2017-7-31
Use props
beeper
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-31 03:05

Also Natalia where is the promised Beta firmware no one that I know of has been sent this firmware.
2017-7-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

beeper Posted at 2017-7-31 03:19
Also Natalia where is the promised Beta firmware no one that I know of has been sent this firmware.

The engineers have not started to push the firmware to your accounts, sorry about that.
I will update the info if I hear the progress from them, thank you for your support!
2017-7-31
Use props
Moshe.mmm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1320098 ft
  • >>>
Israel

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-31 03:56
The engineers have not started to push the firmware to your accounts, sorry about that.
I will update the info if I hear the progress from them, thank you for your support!

How come support doesn't know about this issue?
2017-7-31
Use props
JockC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-31 03:56

Natalia, After almost three weeks, I think owners are expecting to hear more than your comment that you will let us know about the firmware "if I hear the progress from them (the engineers)". I would hope that you and the other reps in this forum would be demanding a response from them and not just waiting to see "if" they get back to you.
Surely, someone in senior management at DJI must have some concern for owners who are no longer able to use their drone because of faulty firmware. If they do then it's  certainly not obvious to owners within these threads.
I think that it is totally unreasonable to keep asking owners to "be patient" because that's exactly what the original beta testers were told and they had to wait six months!  Instead of asking us to be patient, why are the DJI reps in this forum not asking the engineers to "be urgent"?
2017-7-31
Use props
FrankNnaji
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8661 ft
  • >>>
Nigeria

Please forgive me if this may seem like a post hijack I just want to share a link to a post that resolved the firmware issue for me after nearly pulling my hear out for hours. This link will show you how to downgrade to past FW https://forum.dji.com/thread-105986-1-1.html  All credit belongs to the original poster.
2017-7-31
Use props
GrangerFX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

FrankNnaji Posted at 2017-7-31 07:42
Please forgive me if this may seem like a post hijack I just want to share a link to a post that resolved the firmware issue for me after nearly pulling my hear out for hours. This link will show you how to downgrade to past FW https://forum.dji.com/thread-105986-1-1.html  All credit belongs to the original poster.

I am giving DJI one more week to fix this mess and then I am downgrading my P4. I have a trip coming up and I need to get the drone fixed and tested well before that. After I downgrade, I am going to give serious consideration to hacking the drone to remove DJI's altitude restriction. I live in an area with nearby mountains.
2017-7-31
Use props
Slipstrm111
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5256 ft
Mexico

I see a class action lawsuit in dji's future.
2017-7-31
Use props
gyrex
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

FrankNnaji Posted at 2017-7-31 07:42

Wow, DJI have deleted my thread on their forums with instructions on how to downgrade your firmware. This was the only recourse people had to get their P4's back in the sky without risking any major harm to the public. This solution was the result of the community pulling together because of DJI's silence and inaction and they've gone ahead and deleted this important information for their customers. If their actions weren't bad enough before, now it's absolutely disgraceful and shows their complete and utter contempt for their customers.

DJI, you are truly a disgraceful company with by far and away the worst 'support' ecosystem amongst major companies.
2017-7-31
Use props
fans1f690efe
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

gyrex Posted at 2017-7-31 11:39
Wow, DJI have deleted my thread on their forums with instructions on how to downgrade your firmware. This was the only recourse people had to get their P4's back in the sky without risking any major harm to the public. This solution was the result of the community pulling together because of DJI's silence and inaction and they've gone ahead and deleted this important information for their customers. If their actions weren't bad enough before, now it's absolutely disgraceful and shows their complete and utter contempt for their customers.

DJI, you are truly a disgraceful company with by far and away the worst 'support' ecosystem amongst major companies.

Wow DJI, you're a joke. Happy now DJI Joe
2017-7-31
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1084961 ft
Spain

gyrex Posted at 2017-7-31 11:39

Painfully amazing!
2017-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules