After 441 flights, Spark flew away
9727 122 2017-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bright Spark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

The thing is without a couple of phd's in chemistry I work on anecdotes.
Lihv I use in some aircraft are not discernibly different in behaviour to lipos.
The best by far was a make called gens ace, some of which I have are 5 years old, and still outperform their spec. No pampering or storage charging/cycling, with model use which is essentially misuse.
Most others have spec which is a wish list.
DJI are high quality batts, and I doubt they expect the average user to pamper them which is why there is firmware and software in them to guard them.
I certainly won't. If the running cost every 18 months or so is £150 for my 3 batts it's fine.
2018-2-1
Use props
ArnoSpark
Second Officer
Kenya

Well it was a very interesting story and i read all the replies and the updates, so glad you got it back and repaired as well, one thing i learned which i will definitely do once i got home is printing a label or a sticker with all my information and place it on the spark for such incident.
I do agree that regarding Batteries its so complicated to follow the suggestions that came into here, but what i am sure of is when you will store the batteries for long period (more than 3 months) they should not be left on fully charged and you should drain them down to 50% or below to keep them safe.  
2018-2-1
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

But it drains them to storage for you after 10 days.
2018-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules