Mavic Shipping Update (02/17/2017)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BarrabasOnAir
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22598 ft
Germany

Does the Huawei Mate 9 fit into the controller?
2016-12-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maverick1 Posted at 2016-12-17 15:29
That's if you ordered straight from DJI right? Small distributors are not receiving but a few a week. Right? I ordered October 7th from a local distributor and I have been told that I will be lucky to see it by middle of January at the rate they are receiving them.

I don't know the quantities that are being shipped out to dealers.
Maybe the dealers who order more are getting larger shipments. I know a few dealers that have ordered several thousand and they are receiving more than a few a week.
2016-12-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

BarrabasOnAir Posted at 2016-12-17 16:35
I don't understand that some people are trying to find excuses for DJI and for Ken. This very bad practice of not giving a transparent look on the number of orders and a time schedule for the production capacity cannot be tolerated. It is a shame for a company like DJI which is celebrating their success on top of the money they received from us. If there is no news early next year, I will cancel my order and go for another drone. The Mavic Pro II will be coming out just a few months later in 2017, and then all production lines will be established. DJI is known for their very short innovation cycles, look at the Phantom 4 Pro, Inspire 2. In the end, our frustration will be a little side note for them.

The Inspire1 was a few years old already when the I2 was announced.
The Phantom line moves mush faster than that.
2016-12-17
Use props
Maverick1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 269245 ft
United States

Hi everyone... I've posted a few times in this blog ordered October 7th, and nothing..but I am not here to complain, on the contrary, my Mavic won't be here until mid January. Can you believe that? Anyways, I have realized that this is a good thing because I and I am pretty sure many others have discovered Vantage Robotics and the Snap. Check it out. Not going to go over Snaps specs. It has many of the same functions as all the other birds out there but it offers something that has me on the fence as a consumer... You only have to buy one Snap and then add module upgrades as they come out!... DJI you've got new dogs in the yard!!  Almost forgot.. here's another thing about Vantage Robotics. They have floundered on their preorders also, even worse than DJI...if you can believe that...but Vantage Robotics is giving all their early preorder customers the first module upgrade for free.. guess they realize the importance of building a loyal customer base. Something DJI could take lessons at....
2016-12-17
Use props
Maverick1
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-17 23:22
Maybe the dealers who order more are getting larger shipments. I know a few dealers that have ordered several thousand and they are receiving more than a few a week.

This retailer ordered a little over 400 I was told. I was also informed that everyday people are canceling their orders at this retailer which is good for me but not for the retailer. Maybe if enough cancel I will get mine before Christmas...lol
2016-12-17
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

Maverick1 Posted at 2016-12-17 12:10
Hi everyone... I've posted a few times in this blog ordered October 7th, and nothing..but I am not here to complain, on the contrary, my Mavic won't be here until mid January. Can you believe that? Anyways, I have realized that this is a good thing because I and I am pretty sure many others have discovered Vantage Robotics and the Snap. Check it out. Not going to go over Snaps specs. It has many of the same functions as all the other birds out there but it offers something that has me on the fence as a consumer... You only have to buy one Snap and then add module upgrades as they come out!... DJI you've got new dogs in the yard!!  Almost forgot.. here's another thing about Vantage Robotics. They have floundered on their preorders also, even worse than DJI...if you can believe that...but Vantage Robotics is giving all their early preorder customers the first module upgrade for free.. guess they realize the importance of building a loyal customer base. Something DJI could take lessons at....

That looks interesting but would need to see/hear a lot more feedback from owners before I would dump over $1K on it....
2016-12-17
Use props
Maverick1
lvl.2
United States

Heavysledz Posted at 2016-12-18 02:28
That looks interesting but would need to see/hear a lot more feedback from owners before I would dump over $1K on it....

I agree.. I have sent message to Vantage asking about lack of consumer reviews.. only reviews are done by Vantage themselves. Just something to keep an eye on in my opinion... If they can pull off all the things mentioned in their launch I would be impressed...
2016-12-17
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

competition is good for the consumer but historically it results in a decline in quality as the manufacturer's race to get their technology to market first......I think we are seeing that now with the Mavic and the GoPro...
2016-12-17
Use props
Maverick1
lvl.2
United States

Heavysledz Posted at 2016-12-18 02:47
competition is good for the consumer but historically it results in a decline in quality as the manufacturer's race to get their technology to market first......I think we are seeing that now with the Mavic and the GoPro...

Speaking of competition... Vantage Robotic has won it's place in the top ten of Xtreme Tech Challenge which is very impressive considering all the new tech coming out...For those who don't know the Extreme Tech Challenge is the world’s largest startup competition with Sir Richard Branson as anchor judge and the world’s largest consumer electronics show in Las Vegas, CES, as a strategic partner for the semi-finals. Great value lies in our community with exposure to thousands of startups around the world and some of the most successful technology luminaries.
2016-12-17
Use props
Vertical.Creati
lvl.3
United States

Maverick1 Posted at 2016-12-17 13:10

"Ive poste a few times in this blog"...

Yeah about that, this post, and the subsequent comments; where you plug a competitors product that hasn't shipped yet are the ONLY post you've ever made here (simple check of your profile)

I'm guessing your full of crap.
2016-12-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Maverick1 Posted at 2016-12-17 13:18
This retailer ordered a little over 400 I was told. I was also informed that everyday people are canceling their orders at this retailer which is good for me but not for the retailer. Maybe if enough cancel I will get mine before Christmas...lol

Indeed, I would think that would keep you moving closer in line.
Hopefully yours will ship soon.
2016-12-17
Use props
DGHockeytown
lvl.2

United States

My Mavic is not only in the US.......It's made its way to the FedEx hub in my home state......Just 45 minutes away!!!  Looking forward to Monday!  

Ordered 10-27-16 from DJI direct.  That will be just over 7 weeks from my order date.

Darin
2016-12-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

DGHockeytown Posted at 2016-12-17 15:56
My Mavic is not only in the US.......It's made its way to the FedEx hub in my home state......Just 45 minutes away!!!  Looking forward to Monday!  

Ordered 10-27-16 from DJI direct.  That will be just over 7 weeks from my order date.

Good to hear, enjoy it. It truly is an amazing aircraft.
2016-12-17
Use props
Maverick1
lvl.2
United States

Vertical.Creati Posted at 2016-12-18 04:09
"Ive poste a few times in this blog"...

Yeah about that, this post, and the subsequent comments; where you plug a competitors product that hasn't shipped yet are the ONLY post you've ever made here (simple check of your profile)

Such anger... let me say that I am a drone hobbyist..I didn't see it written that "Thou shall only buy from one drone manufacture.,, and yes I have recommended other companies products and am in no way associated with those companies...Sometimes companies like need DJI need to be reminded that there not the only fish in the pond.  I own several different drones including DJI products.. I am anxious to get my Mavic and will probably support the Snap also..but then again I might just be full of it...got to much time on your hands.. Don't be a Hater...
2016-12-17
Use props
YjWH9fPVGpcg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 196834 ft
Portugal

Made my first flight today with the Mavic! :-) Amazing aircraft. :-) Amazing footage! :-) Took it in my backpack just like a normal camera, along with the remote control. Yesterday at home I did the firmware upgrade for the quadcopter and the remote. :-) People it is worth the waiting, believe me. :-)
2016-12-17
Use props
DGHockeytown
lvl.2

United States

YjWH9fPVGpcg Posted at 2016-12-17 16:16
Made my first flight today with the Mavic! :-) Amazing aircraft. :-) Amazing footage! :-) Took it in my backpack just like a normal camera, along with the remote control. Yesterday at home I did the firmware upgrade for the quadcopter and the remote. :-) People it is worth the waiting, believe me. :-)

If it wasn't so amazing, the wait wouldn't be so excruciating!!  

2 more days!!!

Enjoy!  

Darin
2016-12-17
Use props
fansbc9d145e
lvl.1

United States

I received mine last week and its wicked awesome. Just wanted to note that on the dji store page for the mavic it now says that people who order today will receive their mavic in 4 to 6 weeks.
Good Luck!
2016-12-17
Use props
martyja
lvl.1

Norway

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-17 16:22

Send some to Norwegian suppliers please, i'm pretty sure not a single one has been sent here yet
2016-12-17
Use props
S30
New

United States

martyja Posted at 2016-12-17 17:33
Send some to Norwegian suppliers please, i'm pretty sure not a single one has been sent here yet

ordered 11/11

my account was charged a few days ago, based on the last few pages it seems like I will get my drone sooner than expected.
In any way im in no rush. Just before the end of Jan
2016-12-17
Use props
user0759266921
lvl.1
United States

Ordered 10/28. Will be receiving tomorrow 12/18.
2016-12-17
Use props
DeltaEchoVictor
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-14 00:01
That is correct, the dealer whom a person has ordered from would have to contact their sales rep for any info.

I would just like to know if I'm being lied to. I've contacted the auhtorized DJI dealer E Zee Electronics several times about an order in the first week of October and they still claim they haven't received any mavics. I don't really care to know an exact number but am starting to wonder if they genuinely have not received any mavics. This is very frustrating.
2016-12-17
Use props
fans370bf225
lvl.1
United States

Maverick1 Posted at 2016-12-17 10:10

Looked up the Snap and it was supposed to be released the spring of 2016 and there are still no reviews? Havent heard of it and it doesn't look like my type of drone! Now I can see why the Mavic is so popular!!! Just saying no competition to worry about there!
2016-12-17
Use props
fanse16d199c
lvl.1

United States

I also ordered that day and just had my account charged on 12/12 so I hope that means our drones are coming soon. As far as Ive seen it seems that we can expect to see the 4th blue dot about 7 days after your account being charged. Heres to hoping!!
2016-12-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

DGHockeytown Posted at 2016-12-17 16:45
If it wasn't so amazing, the wait wouldn't be so excruciating!!  

2 more days!!!

I agree, everything about the Mavic is amazing, from the build quality to the flight characteristics.
2016-12-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

YjWH9fPVGpcg Posted at 2016-12-17 16:16

Thanks for posting your experience, I couldn't agree more.
2016-12-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Maverick1 Posted at 2016-12-17 16:15
Such anger... let me say that I am a drone hobbyist..I didn't see it written that "Thou shall only buy from one drone manufacture.,, and yes I have recommended other companies products and am in no way associated with those companies...Sometimes companies like need DJI need to be reminded that there not the only fish in the pond.  I own several different drones including DJI products.. I am anxious to get my Mavic and will probably support the Snap also..but then again I might just be full of it...got to much time on your hands.. Don't be a Hater...

I do hope you are getting a Mavic, and yes there are tons of fish in the pond but DJI is by far the biggest.
No other company in the world can offer the technology DJI has at the price point.
2016-12-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

DeltaEchoVictor Posted at 2016-12-17 20:13
I would just like to know if I'm being lied to. I've contacted the auhtorized DJI dealer E Zee Electronics several times about an order in the first week of October and they still claim they haven't received any mavics. I don't really care to know an exact number but am starting to wonder if they genuinely have not received any mavics. This is very frustrating.

I'm sorry, I wish I knew the answer to that question.
2016-12-17
Use props
Vertical.Creati
lvl.3
United States

Maverick1 Posted at 2016-12-17 16:15

no anger, no hate.  I just call BS when I see it.  post whatever you want.  But, when you claim that you've been posting here for awhile, a the only post attached to your user is as a shill for another company, be prepared to get called on it.
2016-12-17
Use props
clinetime
lvl.1
United States

I ordered mines 10/12 from amazon and still haven't received mine. The dealer Hobbies Media (now Aaron's Toy's) claims they haven't received any shipment from DJI and now they are telling me they expect shipment in January. Starting to think I should of cancelled a long time ago.
2016-12-17
Use props
dbgrn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 661791 ft
United Kingdom

KERRJS Posted at 2016-12-17 13:46
Hi  - Maplin in the UK has just obtained (16th) Stock which is not reserved  - have to phone them thou as not on their website  - ordered , paid and dispatched within 48 hours ( fly more combo)-  apparently still have some available  - 0333 400 9500 - ;-)

If you managed to get one from Maplin, you were very lucky... If you phone that number now, they're telling you that they do plan to stock it, but don't expect to have any until after Christmas.
2016-12-18
Use props
cookiecutter
lvl.1
Australia

How long did it take for Australians to get the drone through customs? Mine has been stuck since Tuesday. The shipment is undervalued by DJI causing all this mess and they are asking us to pay taxes which we don't need. Also needed to provide proof of purchase and bank transcript. Sigh.
2016-12-18
Use props
ueuezaza
lvl.2
Flight distance : 457976 ft
Italy

Finally I also can write that my Mavic has been shipped. So happy

2016-12-18
Use props
fansea208c25
lvl.1

Germany

My drone is stuck in Gatwick... is that normal? Sending to Bavaria.
2016-12-18
Use props
Sled Head
lvl.1
Flight distance : 762979 ft
United States

DeltaEchoVictor Posted at 2016-12-17 19:13

I ordered from E Zee on Oct 3rd, then I ordered directly from DJI on Nov. 1st. (The day after E Zee cancelled all their orders). E Zee had told me my original order number held my place in line and they would notify me when they received shipment from DJI. I went ahead and ordered direct to hedge my bet and planned to cancel if E Zee came through.
DJI has now shipped my combo and delivery is scheduled for 12/21.
I had emailed E Zee a couple of times in Nov. and both times I was told they expected to start shipping in 1-2 weeks. My emails were 2 weeks apart and I got the same response both times.

Anyway, I'm glad I hedged and placed an order with DJI, which is what I should have done in the beginning.

Hopefully E Zee will come through for you.
Good luck.  
2016-12-18
Use props
Greg Kingston
lvl.1

United Kingdom

fansea208c25 Posted at 2016-12-18 13:04

Yes - the UK isn't releasing any Mavics until we get decent terms for Brexit ;)
2016-12-18
Use props
Myojin
lvl.1

Germany

fansea208c25 Posted at 2016-12-18 14:04

hey there,
they are shipping to the UK.. i dont know why sendung.JPG ..
to London -> Gatwick -> Hannover -> Berlin
I see no logic in this way.. but okay.. the most important thing is that its ariving in the next two days
2016-12-18
Use props
Smashie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10079 ft
United Kingdom

Myojin Posted at 2016-12-18 18:43
hey there,
they are shipping to the UK.. i dont know why  [view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image] ..
to London -> Gatwick -> Hannover -> Berlin

Must be a Gatwick thing, mine left Heathrow this afternoon
2016-12-18
Use props
BarrabasOnAir
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22598 ft
Germany

On top of the waiting and intransparency, I also consider it a scandal that DJI calls 1200,- EUR for the device in Europe. when it's only 999,- US dollars in the USA. And then they ship European countries the last.
2016-12-18
Use props
fanse16d199c
lvl.1

United States

Anyone ordered around 11/12 get shipping confirmation yet??
2016-12-18
Use props
z4k4tt4ck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 535 ft
Australia

Maverick1 Posted at 2016-12-18 05:15

Wow calm down psycho no need to talk to people with so much hate .... take a chill pill dude life's to short to be that crazy angry.
2016-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules