Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Aavis Posted at 11-7 06:05
I have Pocket 1, 2 and OA4. All of those always records battery to empty. They never overheat.

Waiting my second P3 from DOA.

Go back to when they were released many complained about overheating.
2023-11-7
Use props
Aavis
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Hallmark007 Posted at 11-7 06:12
Go back to when they were released many complained about overheating.

Do you think it was defective batch or too many Monday products or they changed something with firmware or physically? With Pocket 1 and 2. I have seen Pocket 2 first and latest models. They actually feel and look a bit different. Pocket 2 lens color is also different. Don't know why. Different Hardware reasons?
2023-11-7
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

From a mod in another thread, basically confirming overheating is due to country code:

4. When using the device in Europe, it might experience shorter recording time because of the potential overheating issues:
Osmo Pocket 3 is designed to automatically update its country code based on the current location. Different country codes correspond to specific temperature control strategies to meet local requirements.

So the question now is - how to we change the country code?..... is it based off of location services from the handset?!
2023-11-7
Use props
Aavis
First Officer
  • >>>
Finland

IftiBashir Posted at 11-7 07:11
From a mod in another thread, basically confirming overheating is due to country code:

4. When using the device in Europe, it might experience shorter recording time because of the potential overheating issues:

It does not effect recording while in normal mode when shooting under 25 C static ambient temp screen and Wifi OFF. Our problem here is that it stops recording in ventilated air 18 C under 20 minutes and the device is not even hot.

4k 60 fps must run battery to empty in EU when conditions are met no matter what Country Code.

2023-11-7
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Aavis Posted at 11-7 06:18
Do you think it was defective batch or too many Monday products or they changed something with firmware or physically? With Pocket 1 and 2. I have seen Pocket 2 first and latest models. They actually feel and look a bit different. Pocket 2 lens color is also different. Don't know why. Different Hardware reasons?

I don’t know, but my guess is with some firmware updates it will mostly be corrected. Action 2 had huge over heating problems and overtime this improved greatly and it’s not really a problem any more. If you need to shoot 90 minutes 4k 60fps now in Europe you might have a problem until improvements are made, I have noticed shooting in 4k 50fps and 4k 100s with screen brightness at 50% normal use over heating is not an issue outdoors but indoors it can vary but 60 minutes doesn’t seem to be a problem for me. 99% of what I shoot are 5/10 minutes and Timelapse / motion lapse I haven’t tested for these but I’m certain they will be ok.
I think there is more stress on the processor as for the colour using log it’s very close to the air 3 so I imaging they are using the same colour science as in that camera.

The option of hacking is always there but not something I need and its a bit of a faff.
2023-11-7
Use props
hehe2
lvl.3
France

Hallmark007 Posted at 11-7 05:51
I would expect them to release a statement that people who apply it will lose their warranty.  

This is already written into warranty guarantee.

No it's not, since nobody at DJI's seems to be aware of it (and they wouldn't talk about a secret "feature")

We can't lose any warranty by putting a device in a state which is the default one everywhere in the world except in Europe.

Some people here are really dumb and toxic...
2023-11-7
Use props
hehe2
lvl.3
France

Aavis Posted at 11-7 06:05
I have Pocket 1, 2 and OA4. All of those always records battery to empty. They never overheat.

Waiting my second P3 from DOA.

Well, as I already wrote in a previous post, the new unit you'll receive will fail once you've activated it granted you're in Europe. I've conducted the tests myself with my second unit I received from DJI after a RMA.

I've been called by a DJI customers' satisfactory team member and we had a long and positive talk.

They actually care about us and our feedback is precious to them.

You can expect them to take into account our issues and try to fix them sooner than you'd think.

I warned them that this is an important issue that will probably generate a lot of RMA requests in a near future from European users/customers if they don't address it quickly. The nice guy I was talking to was actually genuinely listening to my concerns and I felt understood.

I'm confident DJI will properly handle this soon.
2023-11-7
Use props
Cmdr Kharma
lvl.2
United Kingdom

IftiBashir Posted at 11-7 07:11

Looks like it might be, as it would make business sense to make one camera with one box with all the various countries regs on and when activated it downloads the firmware for your specific region.

Just thinking I wonder if you checked the forums for the next firmware update then uninstalled the Mimo app and spoofed your location using a fake GPS app to say the USA and then installed it again and performed the update.
I might try that on an old phone when the next Action 4 update is released.

Thinking about that I wonder if that would work after you have activated it in your real region and registered your account.

Hmmmmmm, seems like a lot of faffing for something that really should just work for the purpose it's sold for no matter where you are.

2023-11-7
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

hehe2 Posted at 11-7 09:07
No it's not, since nobody at DJI's seems to be aware of it (and they wouldn't talk about a secret "feature")

We can't lose any warranty by putting a device in a state which is the default one everywhere in the world except in Europe.

The toxic idiot is you. Now go read your warranty and you’ll find you’re hopelessly wrong. And move on troll someone else.
2023-11-7
Use props
hehe2
lvl.3
France

Hallmark007 Posted at 11-7 11:07
The toxic idiot is you. Now go read your warranty and you’ll find you’re hopelessly wrong. And move on troll someone else.

You're the one pretending it's there (while it's not), it's your duty to prove your assessments by providing us with the source of your claims (quote + document).

You just can't because there is no such mention in the warranty contract. Nice try though...
2023-11-7
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

hehe2 Posted at 11-7 12:05
You're the one pretending it's there (while it's not), it's your duty to prove your assessments by providing us with the source of your claims (quote + document).

You just can't because there is no such mention in the warranty contract. Nice try though...

Merci pour ton excellent travail.
J'attend le retour de la mienne et...vais essayer de changer la région.

Nous verrons.

Bonne continuation,
Yann
2023-11-7
Use props
hehe2
lvl.3
France

Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic Posted at 11-7 12:28
Merci pour ton excellent travail.
J'attend le retour de la mienne et...vais essayer de changer la région.

There's no doubt anymore about the root cause of the overheating issue now. You could try as I did recording before activating the unit and I'm pretty sure you'll have the same results I did.

What would be cool (that I can't do now that mine is activated) is to fake your GPS location and see whether it prevents your unit to overheat.

In any case if we can't fool MIMO into thinking we're not in Europe, there's the file trick which is great to have at our disposal.

We should contact the French DJI stores to give them the tip so that they can help and pass it to the other buyers.
2023-11-7
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

hehe2 Posted at 11-7 12:05
You're the one pretending it's there (while it's not), it's your duty to prove your assessments by providing us with the source of your claims (quote + document).

Move on troll, if you were able to read your warranty you would have seen it
2023-11-7
Use props
Iskar
lvl.1

Dominican Republic

I was starting filming via my new Pocket 3 and this overheating is disaster. Really thinking to turn back my Pocket 3. Pocket was activated in Europe, I bring it to Domican Republic and overheats after 8-10 (!) min the material. I was sure that is someting wrong with my pocket, becasue for me as vollger is totally unseful! I can't film a interview, becasue after 8-10 min my pocket 3 stop recording. I didn't had this problem with my Pocket 2 or GoPro cameras. GoPro11 can recording 1h with full sunny day.

Back to home, made some test - it's the same, after 12 min my camera stop recording in 25C house temperature. At the moment, for me as proffesinal is totally rubbish and if they don't fix it I will return back my Pocket 3.
2023-11-7
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Iskar Posted at 11-7 15:01
I was starting filming via my new Pocket 3 and this overheating is disaster. Really thinking to turn back my Pocket 3. Pocket was activated in Europe, I bring it to Domican Republic and overheats after 8-10 (!) min the material. I was sure that is someting wrong with my pocket, becasue for me as vollger is totally unseful! I can't film a interview, becasue after 8-10 min my pocket 3 stop recording. I didn't had this problem with my Pocket 2 or GoPro cameras. GoPro11 can recording 1h with full sunny day.

Back to home, made some test - it's the same, after 12 min my camera stop recording in 25C house temperature. At the moment, for me as proffesinal is totally rubbish and if they don't fix it I will return back my Pocket 3.

Hmm. I thought DJI said that if it was taken to another country from the EU, the heat limit would be adjusted automatically.  Maybe I misread that or misremembered.  Hopefully someone else will know.

Meanwhile, I'm disappointed at the level of animosity being displayed in some of the preceding posts.  We're "Team Users" here!  I can understand that these problems are really annoying in respect of a device which isn't cheap and which we've been looking forward to for several years, but we should be acting as if we are on the same side.

Anyway, someone mentioned Action 2 and they recalled how problems were improved with firmware updates.  Well, to some degree, but also they handed out that rubbery cover, which meant that the outer surface was kept away from fingers and the EU limit could be circumvented when the cover was on.  Whether the same could be done with the Pocket 3 I'm not sure, but if some kind of accessory does get released, I'd still bet on a clip-on heatsink of some kind.  We'll see...
2023-11-7
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

I was curious as to what DJI has advertised for the Pocket 3 so I went back to DJI's web site, both US & UK, looking for any documentation on continuous recording duration and couldn't find anything. The only thing close in the specs was battery "Operating Time" which only gives estimated battery life between charges with the caveat "This data is for reference only". Same is true for the User Manual. I did find this at https://store.djishopcanada.com/products/osmo-pocket-3 -

1. 4K/120fps video recording is only supported in Slow Motion mode. Tested under 25° C (77° F) laboratory conditions, the max recording time of a single continuous video is approximately 22 minutes (approximately 18 minutes in Europe).

Are those times only applicable to 4K/120fps slo-mo? The same section also says -

4. Tested in a laboratory environment, DJI Pocket 2 can continuously record 1080p/24fps video for 140 minutes. This data should be used for reference only.

Is the "Pocket 2" just a typo? This is on the page for the Pocket 3. The above statements are repeated in a lot of seller advertising, including in Europe (e.g., https://www.copters.eu/dji-osmo- ... -creator-combo.html).
2023-11-7
Use props
hehe2
lvl.3
France

Iskar Posted at 11-7 15:01

Hi,

Could you please try the "crackconfig" file fix?

It's really easy to create and it should save your trip.

I described how to create it manually in a previous post in this thread, it's very simple.

No overheating issue after this.
2023-11-7
Use props
Geo_Drone
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

hehe2 Posted at 11-7 22:59
Hi,

The crackfix works in EU but is not the proper solution as this is (again) a fail from DJI in design.
After the famous Mini 3 PRO design flaw with thousands units returned for Fog issues, now this.

I do not believe we will ever see a recall from DJI for this issues, as they never admit is a flaw, but use some trolls here to try and disinform...
I have tested OP3 in Romania, same thing, in 5 minutes was Overheated at 27 degrees Celsius outside...This makes me wonder what about the summers with 35 degrees Celsius ???
The crackfix tool works by pushing the unit to "very hot" ad a 25 minutes recording 4K 60...But...is super hot...Like you cannot be comfortable keeping it in hand.

So....was returned...The dealer already face multiple returns here, as the weather was like summer hot for a few days and we was able to see this issue very fast.

DJI, we wait for your move. At this point, OP3 SUCKS !
2023-11-7
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

At this point, it sucks for people who have encountered this issue, but (without being able to prove it) it seems to me to be mentioned on YouTube - by end users who bought their own - much less than the similar issue with the Action 2.  That issue resulted in DJI issuing a free hardware fix to anyone who asked for it.  It really does depend on your shooting style, whether you are in the EU or not, and whether you care to make it work like a rest-of-the-world model or not via the method discussed here.  Sure, in that mode it gets hot, but it's designed to get hot.

[Edited to add that I found five videos on YT which seemed to be end-user complaints about overheating - I was only checking the titles and descriptions - there were more videos talking about how to avoid the problem than that, and videos simply testing for the problem, but I don't rate those as "complaint' videos.  Maybe I was using the wrong search string of course.  I used...

dji "pocket 3" overheating

which should have found complaints, I would have thought.  I'm nor saying that only five users have the problem, simply trying to assess whether it's a major issue for the majority of users, or only for a relatively small percentage.]

2023-11-8
Use props
djiuser_TFHxRrDgPTAu
New

Belgium

Hello,

Just to report I've got an other kind of overheating. The camera was flat down on the table, connected to my macbook to transfer files.

After a few hours it looks like the camera was trying to operate the motors similar to when it records. I was smelling melted plastic.
I realized it was the camera after it bipped for 3-4 times I look at it, grabbed it and it was burning hot on the motors part and just below, I burnt my finger.

A bit worried it could have burnt right there in my room.
I unplugged it and it cooled off.

Realized this morning opening my mac that it had 4 notifications "ejected" so maybe the camera was connecting and disconnecting although I didn't touch the computer at all for multiple hours during the transfer :

I hope this helps DJI maybe making an update in case of plugged + overheating because it could be dangerous.
2023-11-8
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Maybe something like this Action 2 heatsink is required.  

For the Pocket 3, it would need to push on from the rear, and it would have to be in very close contact with the metal heat sink at the top.  It would also need to not obstruct the mics.  With a finned design (like the Titla one in that video) it might make the difference.  I'll take my design fee now, thank you.  And "iftibashir", this time there is no charge for plugging your excellent channel.
2023-11-8
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

djiuser_TFHxRrDgPTAu Posted at 11-8 01:41
Hello,

Just to report I've got an other kind of overheating. The camera was flat down on the table, connected to my macbook to transfer files.

That is problematic.
Camera supposed to enter the gimbal protection mode if it is inside the case and gimbal movement is obstructed.
2023-11-8
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2023-11-8
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-8 01:54
Maybe something like this Action 2 heatsink is required.  

https://youtu.be/yckDdgN-_lg?si=qPOT6M6lG0C4nQWo

Last sentence did make me chuckle!
Thanks!!! lol
2023-11-8
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2023-11-8
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Considering I don't have the Pocket 3, this subject is taking up a lot of my time (my choice of course!).   

The more I rummage around YouTube, the more it seems to me that overheating and small cameras with high performance are strongly linked.  Of course the Sony ZVE1 has been around longer than the Pocket 3, but despite its popularity, YouTube seems swamped with videos related to its overheating, and not just in the EU.   There seems to be a thriving market in various makes of fans to attach to it.  

I suspect that these days, camera manufacturers don't feel any particular obligation to spell out potential overheating issues - they think that we think that it's what small modern cameras do.  (GoPro is of course another prime example).  I'm not saying that they are right to think that way.  But it does seem to be the norm now.  The assumption seems to be that with today's highly edited short-clip (indeed, short overall length) videos, the camera only needs to run for a minute or two to grab the shot.  Well, that's true to some extent but it ignores the "city walk" video makers, and concert / event video makers.  

I suppose the moral is, when buying a camera, the best one is the one that is the one that is the best tool for the job you are most likely going to use it for.  If doing long-shot video, buy one that is rated by end users as good for that purpose.   And of course if you select a long-shot camera, it should be fine for short shots too.  
2023-11-8
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

Geo_Drone Posted at 11-7 23:48
The crackfix works in EU but is not the proper solution as this is (again) a fail from DJI in design.
After the famous Mini 3 PRO design flaw with thousands units returned for Fog issues, now this.

Interesting about the "super hot" - here in the US, I recorded at 4K60fps for 82 minutes in 71F temperature and while it got warm, it did not get really hot and was not uncomfortable to hold.
2023-11-8
Use props
Geo_Drone
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

DaveSp Posted at 11-8 02:45
Interesting about the "super hot" - here in the US, I recorded at 4K60fps for 82 minutes in 71F temperature and while it got warm, it did not get really hot and was not uncomfortable to hold.

Is like keeping in hand a bottle with warm water, after a while is not pleasant.
In upper part especially, towards gimbal.
2023-11-8
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The heatsink is in the upper part - I think you can see where the metal section starts - so yes, that will be where any heat accumulates but generally you wouldn't put your fingers there when shooting.
2023-11-8
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

There's a lot of wisdom in this video by the inimitable Itz Sky - some of the advice would not apply to the Pocket 3 (for instance you can't use it with the battery door open...) but he does summarise the whole issue very well, in my opinion.  FWIW.

2023-11-8
Use props
Iskar
lvl.1

Dominican Republic

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-7 18:58
Hmm. I thought DJI said that if it was taken to another country from the EU, the heat limit would be adjusted automatically.  Maybe I misread that or misremembered.  Hopefully someone else will know.

Meanwhile, I'm disappointed at the level of animosity being displayed in some of the preceding posts.  We're "Team Users" here!  I can understand that these problems are really annoying in respect of a device which isn't cheap and which we've been looking forward to for several years, but we should be acting as if we are on the same side.
For sure no, Camera was activated in Europe and few days later I bring it to Domican Republic. Yesterday was filming and pocket 3 stop recording after few mintues. I had to few times to stop interview becasue my device not working. I understand that here is very hot but in 2023 camera can't recording like 8 minut. For me as youtube creator is unacceptable.
2023-11-8
Use props
Iskar
lvl.1

Dominican Republic

hehe2 Posted at 11-7 22:59
Hi,

Yes, I tested and can confirm - it's working. Before this camera stop recording after 11-12 min (home test), with 'fix' camera was working 40 minutes and stop working only becasue my battery ended. It's magic but really I as costumer shoudn't doing. Waitting for patch and will see if they fix it or no.

Don't understand me wrong, Pocket 3 is great camera, I love it, but if stop recording after 8-10 min and I have to wait 10 min to again try to record 5-10 min material is unacceptable. Making video is my work, I can't go to interview or make vlogs when it stop working after few mintues.
2023-11-8
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Posted in another thread on the same topic, but will post here also.....

Cameras are not designed to purposefully produce heat. This is a natural occurrence due to the power of these small chipsets being placed in a tight physical frame. Its inevitable and affects not only the Pocket 3, but also action camera manufacturers, such as GoPro. If you want ridiculously high shooting settings like 4K/60 and 4K/120 from a tiny gadget, then you have to expect the heat to go along with it. I do not understand how you can possibly imagine 'the product could have been designed so it would not get hot at all'? That's simply impossible. Heat will ALWAYS be generated when pushing power from these tiny chipsets. The problem comes down to how you manage heat dissipation, which is difficult when it comes to a tight physical frame, again, as we see with all action camera designs. If you want something so small, but so powerful, then its just part of the parcel I'm afraid.

Should you have to accept it? No, you shouldn't. The camera should record lengthy sessions as advertised, although you may have to do it at lower settings where less heat is generated in the first instance, so less heat to dissipate. If you think a firmware update will fix this issue, it wont. They cant just magically make the camera produce less heat, or make it dissipate that heat any quicker - its down to the laws of physics. All you can do is add airflow in order to aid that heat dissipation somewhat.

What they did with the Action 2 was introduce a case so it didn't 'feel' as hot and burn your fingers in the first place. That doesn't fix the issue, its a workaround.
Similarly, GoPro's attempt to combat heat was to introduce a new 'tripod mode', which would be used with no airflow, and would simply reduce capture settings enough so that the heat threshold wasn't hit in the first instance. Again, not a fix for overheating, just a workaround.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but if you are waiting for a firmware update to 'fix' this, then it won't come. Can DJI do it? Yes, they can. It's clear they can since non EU models do not seem to suffer as much. Will they do it? No they won't, because they are bound to EU laws and have no say in the matter. The only option for now is to try to work around the issue as much as possible by introducing airflow as and where you can (which I appreciate isn't as easy with a handheld camera as it is with an action camera), or lower you settings for lengthy recording sessions to reduce heat generation in the first instance. It all comes down to how users intend to use their camera, which is why I stated I will use it as normal to see how it works for my own personal intended usage - if it's not suitable it'll simply be returned, or a warranty claim placed. Unfortunately, we have no other choice.

What would be nice is if DJI actually came clean and confirmed the operating temp threshold for EU activated models. Saves us all the guesswork. But I suspect they won't. This will just be swept under the carpet, since the majority of Pocket 3 users probably don't even know there is any overhetaing issue in the first place. We on this forum represent a tiny fraction of the user base for this product after all.
2023-11-8
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Iskar Posted at 11-8 03:38
For sure no, Camera was activated in Europe and few days later I bring it to Domican Republic. Yesterday was filming and pocket 3 stop recording after few mintues. I had to few times to stop interview becasue my device not working. I understand that here is very hot but in 2023 camera can't recording like 8 minut. For me as youtube creator is unacceptable.

The camera is designed to know which region it operates in so this has nothing to do with activation in Europe .
2023-11-8
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Hallmark007 Posted at 11-8 04:36
The camera is designed to know which region it operates in so this has nothing to do with activation in Europe .

At risk of stating the obvious, but the camera would have to be used with the Mimo app before it knows where it it, assuming the app could detect that from the phone.  Possibly there are Android or iOS user settings which might block location identification.

[Edited to add that I just saw this exchange in another thread, and it's highly relevant -

DJI - "After the mobile device (that has GPS) is connected to the DJI Mimo app,  it will refresh the country code once you are already in the US. "

User - "Just to understand, in the mimo app, the option under settings ->  privacy -> GPS information, is set to off, in my situation."

Aha.  that could be why the camera isn't registering that it's no longer in Europe.]

2023-11-8
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Geo_Drone Posted at 11-7 23:48

I think the only troll here is you. 1/ you don’t own an osmo 3. 2/ there are no more than i dozen mini 3 reported on this forum for fog and not a single one in months. Not the thousands you just plainly made up.
I do own pocket 3 and running for 60 minutes in 4k 60fps is not a problem and running outside does not cause over heating for me. People should be aware that every single dji product that was released in the last 4 years you ridiculed said all of were rubbish you had problems with every single one of dji products including ones you never owned.

Many cameras over heat, go pro every single camera over heats all smaller ff 8k cameras and 6K cameras over heat, its nothing new and in Europe heating threshold is set lower than other regions in the world.
When osmo pocket 1 was released it was said it was constantly over heating and the same for pocket 2 yet they are incredibly successful cameras.

So yes you’re a troll and you have been trolling this forum for too many years now. Troll….
2023-11-8
Use props
Aavis
First Officer
  • >>>
Finland

IftiBashir Posted at 11-8 04:24
Posted in another thread on the same topic, but will post here also.....

Cameras are not designed to purposefully produce heat. This is a natural occurrence due to the power of these small chipsets being placed in a tight physical frame. Its inevitable and affects not only the Pocket 3, but also action camera manufacturers, such as GoPro. If you want ridiculously high shooting settings like 4K/60 and 4K/120 from a tiny gadget, then you have to expect the heat to go along with it. I do not understand how you can possibly imagine 'the product could have been designed so it would not get hot at all'? That's simply impossible. Heat will ALWAYS be generated when pushing power from these tiny chipsets. The problem comes down to how you manage heat dissipation, which is difficult when it comes to a tight physical frame, again, as we see with all action camera designs. If you want something so small, but so powerful, then its just part of the parcel I'm afraid.

You are incredible wrong.

DJI violates Consumer Protection Law of EU. None of the manuals or advertisement tell you what are recording times in normal modes. The manual clearly says that it records until battery(and handle) is empty.

Pocket 1 and 2, OA4, Sony AX53, AX43A etc can record continuously without overheating when told requirements are met and as manual says and as they are advertised. For me they always run batteries to empty.

In Pocket 3 this requirement is under static ambient temp 25 C screen and wifi off it MUST record 4k 60 fps until battery(and handle) is empty. This has nothing to do with regional thing. Device MUST be DESIGNED PHYSICALLY to work in regions where it is SOLD. Just like CARS.

When Pocket 3 records 10 minutes in 4k 60 in ambient temp 18C in constant cool air flow the device is defective or it is design flaw OR it is misleading marketing. Yes ofc "heat test" configuration rises the threshold of the shutdown but device is STILL defective or design flaw.

If the device is told and advertised to run 4k 60 fps 10 minutes then it is correct. But it is not. Manual clearly says recording time which is much over 100 minutes. Manual ONLY says to avoid touching the Gimbal area.
2023-11-8
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

Aavis Posted at 11-8 04:59
You are incredible wrong.

DJI violates Consumer Protection Law of EU. None of the manuals or advertisement tell you what are recording times in normal modes. The manual clearly says that it records until battery(and handle) is empty.

The manual only states overall battery life estimation ("Operating Time") and does not state that the condition was under continuous recording. A nit, yes, but it says nothing specific about continuous recording duration. To be clear, I am not defending DJI on the issue - it's a real problem for a lot of users.
2023-11-8
Use props
Aavis
First Officer
  • >>>
Finland

DaveSp Posted at 11-8 05:11
The manual only states overall battery life estimation ("Operating Time") and does not state that the condition was under continuous recording. A nit, yes, but it says nothing specific about continuous recording duration.

It was told here in forum by DJI. Another thing is it is sold as "video camera". In EU we lately had even own tax for it because of continuous recording. So..
2023-11-8
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

Aavis Posted at 11-8 05:13
It was told here in forum by DJI. Another thing is it is sold as "video camera". In EU we lately had even own tax for it because of continuous recording. So..

Yes, but with this caveat - "EU area recording time will be lower than other areas, due to European policy requirements, the temperature threshold cannot be set as also mentioned in the last part of the response above."
2023-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules