Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aavis
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

DaveSp Posted at 11-8 05:18
Yes, but with this caveat - "EU area recording time will be lower than other areas, due to European policy requirements, the temperature threshold cannot be set as also mentioned in the last part of the response above."

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 512&pid=3167996

"
Hello there. Measured with the touchscreen turned off and Wi-Fi disabled, in a windless environment at a room temperature of 25 ℃, when recording 4K videos at 60 fps, the Pocket 3's operating time can be up to 118 minutes until the battery is depleted. When recording 1080p videos at 24 fps, its operating time can be up to 166 minutes until the battery is depleted.

The max video specification supported by Osmo Pocket 3 is 4K at 120 fps. When recording 4K videos at 120 fps, the operating time of the general version is about 17 minutes (with over-temperature protection enabled), while that of the EU version is 12 minutes (with over-temperature protection enabled). Have a great day ahead."
2023-11-8
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Aavis Posted at 11-8 05:19
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=300512&pid=3167996

"

“Can be up to 118”, that reads between 0 and 118 minutes it’s not specific.

2023-11-8
Use props
Aavis
First Officer
  • >>>
Finland

Hallmark007 Posted at 11-8 12:34
“Can be up to 118”, that reads between 0 and 118 minutes it’s not specific.

Yes depending of The battery.
2023-11-8
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aavis Posted at 11-8 13:13

Depending on battery but external factors also play a part. Would you expect it to last 118 minutes filming  in the middle of a desert for example?! I take all these numbers with a huge pinch of salt. You need to perform your own tests. DJI tests are under strictly controlled lab conditions in order to squeeze the most they possibly can out of it. There are too many external factors to even consider their numbers to be remotely useful. Guideline, yes. Nothing more.
That’s how I take them anyways.
2023-11-8
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Aavis Posted at 11-8 13:13

Unfortunately I don’t think thats the case, the pocket is not dependant on the battery size.
2023-11-8
Use props
Aavis
First Officer
  • >>>
Finland

IftiBashir Posted at 11-8 13:33
Depending on battery but external factors also play a part. Would you expect it to last 118 minutes filming  in the middle of a desert for example?! I take all these numbers with a huge pinch of salt. You need to perform your own tests. DJI tests are under strictly controlled lab conditions in order to squeeze the most they possibly can out of it. There are too many external factors to even consider their numbers to be remotely useful. Guideline, yes. Nothing more.

No but when requirements are met then yes:

"Measured with the touchscreen turned off and Wi-Fi disabled, in a windless environment at a room temperature of 25 ℃, when recording 4K videos at 60 fps".

This is how it is SOLD. In business and in law there are requirements that needs to be fulfilled.

Our outdoor temp is -3 C and it still overheats in there after 23 minutes when using Kingston SD card. I should be OK with that because we are in EU? right.

This is the topic where people are answering to posts without reading anything. I stop commenting here for now. Start was team play now here are just trolling and EU haters with their politics etc. useless comments.
2023-11-8
Use props
nordheide21244
lvl.3
Flight distance : 241171 ft
  • >>>
Germany

IftiBashir Posted at 11-8 13:33
Depending on battery but external factors also play a part. Would you expect it to last 118 minutes filming  in the middle of a desert for example?! I take all these numbers with a huge pinch of salt. You need to perform your own tests. DJI tests are under strictly controlled lab conditions in order to squeeze the most they possibly can out of it. There are too many external factors to even consider their numbers to be remotely useful. Guideline, yes. Nothing more.

One important more factors is the videomode:

normal/HLG/10-bit M
2023-11-8
Use props
Geo_Drone
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Aavis Posted at 11-8 22:17

"Measured with the touchscreen turned off and Wi-Fi disabled, in a windless environment at a room temperature of 25 ℃, when recording 4K videos at 60 fps".

Welcome to forum.

Some people here have some benefits that works in background, they will always troll people if they post an issue. Get used with it, I am for now.
Check how Hallmark activated himself after my post, without mentioning him or other...he felt his guilt and started to scream TROLL, like the thefts that start screaming THIEF when they are caught.

The fact is simple: In Europe some OP3 works and some does not...There are 2 factors that make the difference:
1. The ambient temp when operating it
2. The assembly quality and radiator mount inside OP3.

I must admit I have seen at a friend one unit working with same settings up to 35 minutes in 4K 60 until started Overheat message....after this, was unable to start it for 5 minutes, each start giving in less then 1 minute OVERHEAT message. Only after cooling down a little was able to start again.
The one I have tested (YES, DAVID, is not in my list YET, as that 2 x AIR 3 appeared 2 months after activation, one not even now is shown in list) was overheating fast...Yes, the crack file works, but is pushing the OP3 temp to a very high limit...

As for Mini 3 Pro, between launch and +6 months after, DJI changed thousands, until they applied the method I sent them, to fill the chamber with rubber...Yes, David, was sent by our dev team, after we have dismounted and tested it...So try to slow your horses, as you are a noob in this.

Cheers.
2023-11-9
Use props
hehe2
lvl.3
France

Aavis Posted at 11-8 22:17

Wow, is it actually overheating with a -3 °C "room" temp (filming outside)?

That means the thermal design is really poor, one could expect with such a low temperature it would never overheat... I'm mind boggled :x
2023-11-9
Use props
p3dork
lvl.1

Netherlands

I really don't get it. I shot a walking video outdoors (in EU) at around 9C. 40K50 HLG, limited ISO to 50-800, walked around for almost half an hour at night and in the end I wanted to see how hot it got, and the place which is usually the hottest (right under the gimbal) wasn't even warm!!
But I also had it overheat after not even 20mins doing an indoors static test.  I also did a static test pointed at a TV with the 'heat test' config file and it was very hot after 30mins. Other time I did a static test, pointing it outdoors in the dark and it would run and run >60min, getting just a bit warm. All 4k50 or 4k60. So my feeling is that the content (e.g. bit rate, maybe ISO rate, coz more noise=higher bit rate?) also matters a lot when it comes to the heat generation.
2023-11-9
Use props
Geo_Drone
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Romania

p3dork Posted at 11-9 01:44
I really don't get it. I shot a walking video outdoors (in EU) at around 9C. 40K50 HLG, limited ISO to 50-800, walked around for almost half an hour at night and in the end I wanted to see how hot it got, and the place which is usually the hottest (right under the gimbal) wasn't even warm!!
But I also had it overheat after not even 20mins doing an indoors static test.  I also did a static test pointed at a TV with the 'heat test' config file and it was very hot after 30mins. Other time I did a static test, pointing it outdoors in the dark and it would run and run >60min, getting just a bit warm. All 4k50 or 4k60. So my feeling is that the content (e.g. bit rate, maybe ISO rate, coz more noise=higher bit rate?) also matters a lot when it comes to the heat generation.

Yes, as H265 codec is using blocks for encryption and P-frames are faster if you get noise (more data), any 10bit format in this environment will have a faster heating of OP3.
Still, as one member here tested also H264, seems that this easier codec is also causing an Overheat, but after a while.
We can conclude that can be any or a part of this:
1. CPU is too underrated, being used at 100% in coding 10bit with a lot of P-frames causes a lot of heat
and/or
2. Heatsink at some units is not properly attached using a very good thermal paste (we all know the difference between a good quality paste like Noctua or Prolima and some grease unknown producer paste).
and/or
3. Flaw in design with heatsink too small
and/or
4. Improper/ not optimized codec (unfortunately this will mean that DJI will upgrade the firmware with less quality in order to easy CPU threshold and keep it cooler).

At this point I recommend to EU members to take a unit in test and return it if they see any warnings in legal period, do not wait for fixes as you never know what will be...
2023-11-9
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Dhl just ringed at the door to deliver the camera i've sent for replacement.
I will test it without regional activation (i'm in France) and let you know about it.
2023-11-9
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

After 1 hour (i never filmed so long) the camera is filming with no issue. Home temp is 23c°
The camera heats but stays under 60c°The red dot is max temp : 59,3c°, blue dot is next to my display, thats why its little bit over 23c°.

2023-11-9
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

This is in non-EU mode, yes?  (Just to be clear).
2023-11-9
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Geo_Drone Posted at 11-9 03:25
Yes, as H265 codec is using blocks for encryption and P-frames are faster if you get noise (more data), any 10bit format in this environment will have a faster heating of OP3.
Still, as one member here tested also H264, seems that this easier codec is also causing an Overheat, but after a while.
We can conclude that can be any or a part of this:

Quit trolling you don’t own a unit and never will. But you’re prevalent on every new thread about dji products with the same old rubbish. You’re a troll come back when you have a pocket 3.
2023-11-9
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Sounds like I'd better not contribute further, as I don't have one either.  
2023-11-9
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-9 06:10
This is in non-EU mode, yes?  (Just to be clear).

Well, i recieved it form Netherland about an hour ago and i did not activate it in France.
So i would think its in an "no-zone" mode.
I just passed 130 minutes filming.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsh ... edit#gid=1016716118
2023-11-9
Use props
Geo_Drone
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Romania

Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic Posted at 11-9 06:26
Well, i recieved it form Netherland about an hour ago and i did not activate it in France.
So i would think its in an "no-zone" mode.
I just passed 110 minutes filming.

When will be activated, will take the setting by area, if is EU will get the lower temp admittance, as EU laws.
2023-11-9
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Geo_Drone Posted at 11-9 06:30
When will be activated, will take the setting by area, if is EU will get the lower temp admittance, as EU laws.

so it will be garbage
Two solution :
- Use the file that permit to override temp limit
- Activate it in other country (but how ?)
2023-11-9
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-9 06:14
Sounds like I'd better not contribute further, as I don't have one either.

No you should. But this guy spends all his time trying to create hysteria. He has done the same with every single dji product in the last 4 years. He believes they’re all crap yet he continues to buy them or at least some of them. He’s here trolling he’s not interested in trying to give any advice unless it’s useless advice . He is well known on all other forums here as his modus operandi is to cause hysteria
2023-11-9
Use props
Geo_Drone
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Romania

Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic Posted at 11-9 06:48
so it will be garbage
Two solution :

You can use the hack fle as it will change the temp limit from EU to Other.
If you tested the unit without activating it and works fine, with that hack file will be ok.
Test in low light, with multiple movements in order to push the encoding to max, 4K 60 fps DLOG....
Cheers.
2023-11-9
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

"- Activate it in other country (but how ?)"

Well, you could send it to me in Australia and I'll activate it here...  but would I send it back?!  More seriously, the implication in a DJI post that it uses GPS for this purpose was interesting.  Turn that off, if  possible, and it might not realise your EU location.  But "might" is the key word.

Goodnight.  I look foraard to seeing more of your tests tomorrow.
2023-11-9
Use props
Geo_Drone
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Romania

Hallmark007 Posted at 11-9 06:56
No you should. But this guy spends all his time trying to create hysteria. He has done the same with every single dji product in the last 4 years. He believes they’re all crap yet he continues to buy them or at least some of them. He’s here trolling he’s not interested in trying to give any advice unless it’s useless advice . He is well known on all other forums here as his modus operandi is to cause hysteria

IMG-20231109-WA0025_edit_586201041869505.jpg
2023-11-9
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-9 07:09

Well, you could send it to me in Australia and I'll activate it here...  but would I send it back?!  More seriously, the implication in a DJI post that it uses GPS for this purpose was interesting.  Turn that off, if  possible, and it might not realise your EU location.  But "might" is the key word.

I think the GPS use is just for output tagging. The app can determine location via WiFi geolocation.
2023-11-9
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-9 07:09

:-)
Good night
2023-11-9
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

BS, you can get that photo anywhere, or should we say post the meta data….
2023-11-9
Use props
Cmdr Kharma
lvl.2
United Kingdom

so it will be garbage
Two solution :

Well you could try uninstalling the Mimo app. Getting a fake GPS app from the play store and faking your GPS to the USA. Then reinstalling the Mimo app and activating.

Have a look here https://www.lifewire.com/fake-gps-location-4165524

Might not work, but you have nothing to lose by trying.
2023-11-9
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Cmdr Kharma Posted at 11-9 08:19
Well you could try uninstalling the Mimo app. Getting a fake GPS app from the play store and faking your GPS to the USA. Then reinstalling the Mimo app and activating.

Have a look here https://www.lifewire.com/fake-gps-location-4165524

Too late, already activated
2023-11-9
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

I have been testing after activation without firmware upgrade, same overheat issue.
Actually testing with the workaround file, without upgrade.
Edit : Yet 45 minutes in 4K/60fps, screen on.

2023-11-9
Use props
Cmdr Kharma
lvl.2
United Kingdom

That's a shame, might have provided some useful information to circumnavigate the problem.
2023-11-9
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic Posted at 11-9 09:02
I have been testing after activation without firmware upgrade, same overheat issue.
Actually testing with the workaround file, without upgrade.
Edit : Yet 45 minutes in 4K/60fps, screen on.

It seems that after activating un France (EU), after firmware upgrade, the workaround files is effective for recording in 4K/60fps, i stooped after 70 minutes.

I made a try in SM 4K/120fps, and got an over heat issue very shortly.
:-(

2023-11-9
Use props
Thevion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 549925 ft
Poland

I ordered the camera from the official DJI website on the day of release. It came to Poland after two days and was also activated here. A few days later I went on vacation to Turkey, where I tested the camera and had no problems with it. I also have the infamous Action 2. I used Mimo App on both cameras. Action 2 automatically detected a location outside the EU, so I could select High Temperature Threshold, which of course I did. I probably also used Pocket 3 on non-EU settings and today, after returning to the country, I tested it in 4k50 (I don't know why you use 4k60 settings in Europe - the electricity frequency is 50Hz and you should record in the PAL system). Color: D-Log, HEVC codec Ambient temperature is 23 degrees - without airflow in the room. The memory card is Samsung EVO Plus 256GB (MB-MC256KA/EU) U3, V30, A2. There was a cooldown of approximately 30 minutes between each attempt

Non-EU location (I did not turn on the app after returning to Poland):
4K50 - 32:22 minutes until overheating

EU Location (when connected to Mimo app to change location):
4k50 - 31:18 minutes until overheating

As you can see, the results are the same and are within the measurement error. This means that the camera activation location is used when setting the temperature threshold.
2023-11-9
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Thevion Posted at 11-9 10:23
I ordered the camera from the official DJI website on the day of release. It came to Poland after two days and was also activated here. A few days later I went on vacation to Turkey, where I tested the camera and had no problems with it. I also have the infamous Action 2. I used Mimo App on both cameras. Action 2 automatically detected a location outside the EU, so I could select High Temperature Threshold, which of course I did. I probably also used Pocket 3 on non-EU settings and today, after returning to the country, I tested it in 4k50 (I don't know why you use 4k60 settings in Europe - the electricity frequency is 50Hz and you should record in the PAL system). Color: D-Log, HEVC codec Ambient temperature is 23 degrees - without airflow in the room. The memory card is Samsung EVO Plus 256GB (MB-MC256KA/EU) U3, V30, A2. There was a cooldown of approximately 30 minutes between each attempt

Non-EU location (I did not turn on the app after returning to Poland):

Hello,
Tests you've made might help to understand the problem.
I film in 4K/60fps to get high settings, but i agree it ovious to choose 50 fps, normally.

You can use the "workaround file" to bypass over heay limit. It works pretty well, for the moment.

In fact, now its shure that activation of the camera determines heat limits.

Feel free to fill the Excell spreadsheet there : https://docs.google.com/spreadsh ... edit#gid=1016716118
2023-11-9
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic Posted at 11-9 10:21
It seems that after activating un France (EU), after firmware upgrade, the workaround files is effective for recording in 4K/60fps, i stooped after 70 minutes.

I made a try in SM 4K/120fps, and got an over heat issue very shortly.

Try 4k 100fps and 4k 50fps they should give slightly more recording also turning down screen to 50 % brightness will also help to dissipate some heat.
2023-11-9
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2023-11-9
Use props
Ghenadie1980
lvl.1

Ireland

so it will be garbage
Two solution :

Install you phone VPN
2023-11-9
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

To be honest I very rarely, if ever, record for more than 5 minutes or so without stopping. I generally capture shorter clips for post production later. I know this is not a solution etc and doesn’t make the situation any better, but does mean for my personal usage the heat is a non-issue.

Still need to test Timelapse and hyperlapse though, since they would of course naturally be much longer, but these are less demanding modes in the first instance.

I tested mine (SanDisk Extreme Pro 256GB) and managed 26mins at 4K/60, with an ambient temperature of 23c. Although that was with screen brightness at 100% too. That far exceeds my typical usage, but even so, I’d like to think my unit could get a lot more, and work as advertised.

Retest at 4K/50 with 50% screen brightness next, exact same shooting position and conditions, resulted in 65 mins before the battery depleted (I didn’t charge it after the first test!). These are my general go-to settings anyways, so seems like this will work for me…….

At this point I’m in 2 minds. I ‘m going to continue to use the camera as normal and see if the heat is an issue with my own day to day usage. If it is I have until the end of Jan to return for a full refund - my fear is that the overheat protection will kick in too soon in the heat of summer etc……
2023-11-9
Use props
hehe2
lvl.3
France

Thevion Posted at 11-9 10:23
I ordered the camera from the official DJI website on the day of release. It came to Poland after two days and was also activated here. A few days later I went on vacation to Turkey, where I tested the camera and had no problems with it. I also have the infamous Action 2. I used Mimo App on both cameras. Action 2 automatically detected a location outside the EU, so I could select High Temperature Threshold, which of course I did. I probably also used Pocket 3 on non-EU settings and today, after returning to the country, I tested it in 4k50 (I don't know why you use 4k60 settings in Europe - the electricity frequency is 50Hz and you should record in the PAL system). Color: D-Log, HEVC codec Ambient temperature is 23 degrees - without airflow in the room. The memory card is Samsung EVO Plus 256GB (MB-MC256KA/EU) U3, V30, A2. There was a cooldown of approximately 30 minutes between each attempt

Non-EU location (I did not turn on the app after returning to Poland):

Hi,

Well, the fact our electricity in Europe has a frequency of 50 Hz is not relevant when you want to choose your filming framerate, because first of all, natural light outside is not impacted by this at all and for the rare cases where you'd have some old light bulbs which would "flicker" at 60 fps, just use the anti-flickering integrated system in the settings (I guess its default value is set to "auto") which appears to work pretty well.

At 60 fps, you'll get a smoother footage and I personally like it over 24 or 50 fps.

2023-11-9
Use props
MTV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3281 ft
Netherlands

i found in another post the following:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=301054&pid=3172683

"I spoke to DJI Support on the app, told me to reset the camera so I took the SD card out reset to factory settings on the camera and did a very very long time lapse this morning and it worked okay so maybe just a glitch"

Not sure if that has been tested as well by the others in here, next to the "local file solution".

I do own an OP3, but the icon is not added yet by the relevant team. Ticket has been raised about it, just need to wait. Didn't had the time yet to make long video, to experience myself as well.
2023-11-9
Use props
Geo_Drone
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Romania

Hallmark007 Posted at 11-9 08:17
BS, you can get that photo anywhere, or should we say post the meta data….

Not all of us are junks like you...
2023-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules