Hard Corrections
963 10 2015-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkyDen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31152 ft
United States

So I had my first six flights with the Inspire yesterday and everything went very well.  I didnt notice any of the issues that some people are having with the 17 firmware update so I was pleased.

One thing I did notice though is that the Inspire is making fairly hard/exagerated corrections when transitioning from forward flight to say a hover.  It really slams on the brakes so to speak.  It will do this in any direction so side to side, forward and back.  Is there a way to tune that down so it doesn't act so violent?

Thank You in Advance

2015-3-15
Use props
kappaOS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1276778 ft
Italy

You need to pilot better.
I had the same sensation coming from the phantom and other naza drone.

Slowing down with the stick before a full stop is the solution.
(I won't try to set gains ecc)

Actually it's the right way the I1 behave.
Full stop mean full stop.

The most important thing is. You won't see this harsh movement on the video.
The gimbal just delete these movements perfectly.
2015-3-15
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2277992 ft
Guernsey

Either fly in ATTI mode or release the sticks slowly. It is only reacting to stick input. Sudden movement with stick-sudden movement with bird.
2015-3-15
Use props
SkyDen
lvl.2
United States

Ok fair enough, I guess that is what I needed to hear.  I didn't know if it was me or an overly sensitive setting.  Thanks for the input.
2015-3-15
Use props
info.gerdschelf
lvl.1

Belgium

anybody experience with changing the GPS gain like on the big drones?
2015-3-15
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great question and answers from the forum users. I have not flown mine yet due to the harsh winter but the response actions were of concern. I feel more comfortable now from the replies your question.
Thanks again.
2015-3-15
Use props
SkyDen
lvl.2
United States

I flew again today and tried to be more smooth on the controls, which did help, but still seems to slam itself to a stop.  I really want to find a way to decrease the sensitivity of the controls in general and I think in doing so will help resolve the problem even more.
2015-3-15
Use props
Midi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5134951 ft
Germany

Its just a bit training to stop smoothly. On the other hand i think its really good to have "air brakes" if you have to stop fast.
Sometimes a stupid tree our house is coming fast at you and you want to not crash with it.
2015-3-15
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

i have reduced my gain to 75% in all fields it has made a difference in smoothness (to look at aircraft) The videos are surprisingly smooth as before
2015-3-15
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

Try a little less stick input , be smooth when your filming having a plan in mind of your approach hover and exit route etc etc . Reducing your stick input by setting a less aggressive curve can also be very effective and lastly , learning to fly in atti mode with confidence can help in smoothing things out or just getting that right flow in certain situations , being calm and not too exited is also important , like a gymnast doing a routine he's going to sit calmly and think through that routine or flight plan maybe closing eyes and visualizing from begining to end how it will be preformed ... This has helped me to be smoother and not just go wild flying about just shooting , sometimes !
It also helps when things don't go well or somthing unexpected happens ..having a plan that is .
2015-3-15
Use props
info.gerdschelf
lvl.1

Belgium

If you say 75percent on gains ,you mean on the gps gains also?
2015-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules