1336 10 2015-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GrahamJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 595538 ft
Australia

Dear Forum,

So, today I went for a flight.  Attached the cam as normal...but...it just did not respond.  It initialised fine, but then just acted as if it was not powered/connected.  The flight went off fine, just not the camera.  After the flight, back at home, I reconnected it all, and it worked just fine.

Any one else experienced similar?

2015-3-15
Use props
brianmlevy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There is an issue with some cameras and connections. Make sure that the camera contacts are clean. If this was a first flight I would be inclined to return the camera and demand another.
2015-3-15
Use props
GrahamJ
lvl.4
Australia

thanks for the feedback...no, not first flight.  Had quite a few successful flights.  But, similar thread seems to relate to same issue  (URL below)  I came home, and now it works, so, hope that it will work in the field...

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en
2015-3-15
Use props
brianmlevy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I just read about someone with camera problems... It turned out to be a corrupt SD card. Of course this might have nothing to do with the problems you have experienced but it is worth thinking about.
2015-3-15
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

GrahamJ Posted at 2015-3-15 22:34
thanks for the feedback...no, not first flight.  Had quite a few successful flights.  But, similar t ...

There have been others with the same issue on the forum. Give this a shot. use an eraser to go over the contacts and check to see if any of the contacts seem to be pushed down at all or even apply a very slight lift to them, not much, just a tad. It sounds like you have a connection issue as mentioned above by Brian. It is very likely if you are removing the camera after each outing. You stated that the camera was limp and no movement. Sounds like a lack of power to the camera. Really doubt that the camera is defective.
2015-3-15
Use props
GrahamJ
lvl.4
Australia

Thanks Rodger!  ...I came home, reconnected everything, and ....it all worked.  So, not sure where the problem is.  But, will re-test, and see...  :-)
2015-3-16
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

GrahamJ Posted at 2015-3-16 22:33
Thanks Rodger!  ...I came home, reconnected everything, and ....it all worked.  So, not sure where t ...

I would venture to say that it is a poor connection. I leave the camera on all the time, that is physically attached. I don.t bother putting everything back into the case. I just put the Inspire in the backseat and go.
2015-3-16
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I should say was a poor connection.
2015-3-16
Use props
GrahamJ
lvl.4
Australia

rodger Posted at 2015-3-16 23:07
I would venture to say that it is a poor connection. I leave the camera on all the time, that is p ...

I agree - only strange thing was that for the first 2-4 sec after power up, the camera responded (somewhat, the gimbal adjust wheel worked, but nothing visual came up on the app), and then it just stopped.  was very weird.

I agree with the "keeping it all connected"...
2015-3-18
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

GrahamJ Posted at 2015-3-18 17:32
I agree - only strange thing was that for the first 2-4 sec after power up, the camera responded ( ...

Sounds like a typical poor connection issue.
AFAIK, a poor connection between gimble and aircraft may cause many problems including Gimble does not respond & No video feed (OSD enable to display).
You can contact support for help.
2015-3-18
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

GrahamJ Posted at 2015-3-18 17:32
I agree - only strange thing was that for the first 2-4 sec after power up, the camera responded ( ...

I think you solved your problem. Good luck from here on in.
2015-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules