VPS Cover
1065 4 2015-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

While setting up my new Inspire on the work bench, I noticed that when in 'travel mode' it sits very low and it rests on the bottom of the plastic lens cover covering the VPS.  I realize that it sits there for a very short time, but I figured it needed something to protect it right? So...I got an accessory kit for the Mini-Mag flashlight that inlcudes a rubber cover (to insert colored lenses etc., for the light) and it fits perfectlty over the VPS so that you have a cushion to land on when it's in travel mode in the case or when you are woking on it on the bench!
2015-3-22
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

I reckon the Inspire is not in the correct travel position it should not be sitting on the sensors.  This happened with me when I tried to enter the travel mode whilst the aircraft was on a carpet floor.  Then just placed teh aircraft on the Inspire case and it worked perfectly.  

I may be wrong and Ed Tahoe or others from DJI can chip in, but I beleive the aircraft should not be sitting on the sensor.  Try entering travel mode on a different surface and see what happens.
2015-3-23
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

It uses the sensors to determine how far to go down into travel mode. If you lift it off the ground you will see it goes beyond the correct position. It needs a hard solid surface to work properly.
2015-3-23
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Might be it.  My work bench is covered with a short pile carpet
2015-3-23
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Confirmed. When its now on a flat surface it goes into 'travel mode' about an inch up from the 'ground' I'm going to leave my little black rubber bumper on incase it happens on a bench or surface when going into travel mode in the field.  I figure it can't hurt and will protect from possible damage.  It doesn't cover the lens of the sensor at all.
2015-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules