Device Compatibility
1322 5 2017-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Just purchased a Samsung Tab A(6) strickly to use with Go 4 App & Mavic, WiFi only, it is not listed as a compatible device on the software d/load page DJI's website.
Here areb the specs:

7" 1080p resolution1.3 GZ processor speed, 4 Core processor, 8GB Internal storage. ( Does not work well with latest G0 4 )

It is not listed as a compatible item on DJI site, I have been using a Samsung S5 galaxy Phone and it works great, no lags, good live feed, ect...
The Tab is full of lag, disconnects, frozen screens, ect...

My question is, DJI if you are reading this, when will an update for the Go 4 App be released to include the newer technology today, I can't even find where to buy some of the devices you list as compatible as some seem to be outdated.
I really didn't want to go the Apple way, and for the price of some of the listed compatible's might as well kick in another $100 - $150 and look at the High Res CrystalSky

2017-8-3
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Romania

You should have kicked in the extra $100+... That is what I did, I use IP6S+ but am waiting on the 5" bright, 7" bright and 7" extra bright (back order) all will be dedicated to the different drones I use!
2017-8-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, I'll forward this to our engineers, will keep improving to provide you all better products and service.
2017-8-3
Use props
Mavic27
New
United States

What version of Go 4 are you using? Like you, I just bouth that same tablet for sole use of Go 4. I'm running 4.1.3 and it works pretty well. Video gets a little choppy at times but otherwise no real issues. I saw another thread a couple days ago about 4.1.4 being released in "small batches" (for lack of a better description) and there people were having some issues with it. Not sure how all that came about but if you do have 4.1.4 you might try rolling it back to 4.1.3. You can probably find that thread (or maybe others) by searching the forumfor 4.1.4. One of you DJI pros please correct me if I'm wrong about any of that.
2017-8-3
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Mavic27 Posted at 2017-8-3 19:37
What version of Go 4 are you using? Like you, I just bouth that same tablet for sole use of Go 4. I'm running 4.1.3 and it works pretty well. Video gets a little choppy at times but otherwise no real issues. I saw another thread a couple days ago about 4.1.4 being released in "small batches" (for lack of a better description) and there people were having some issues with it. Not sure how all that came about but if you do have 4.1.4 you might try rolling it back to 4.1.3. You can probably find that thread (or maybe others) by searching the forumfor 4.1.4. One of you DJI pros please correct me if I'm wrong about any of that.

Yup, running the 4.1.4 version of Go 4, I didn't know you can rollback the app, if anyone knows where Ican do this it would be much appreciated. Wasn't able to find previous version ion Play Store,
2017-8-4
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-3 19:07
Thank you for bringing this to our attention, I'll forward this to our engineers, will keep improving to provide you all better products and service.

Hahaha ................. this You promised ME already since March 2017 when DJI forced us to change to GO4 (GO3 was working flawless, and YES, I use CERTIFIED Galaxy Note 4s, wiped clean of all other apps, with multiple reinstallations of GO4).

Please spare us these comments which are just a matter of "copy and paste" of predefined text-blocks, they are simply not true .................... What engineers do You have that make things worse and worse with every update ?

just tell them to pack FW .550 as "update" onto DJI Assistant 2 and make believe an update of GO4 is issued but is only the original GO3 and all problems are solved and You don´t need to "report issues  to (non-existent) engineers" and to "promise" improvements, which never ever came and will come ................

MP was a good product on release in Nov./Dec.2016 and almost no "service" was needed (contrary to the unbelievable desaster with Spark - I sent mine back since it was not working at all out of the box) ...............

Are You really so unbeliveable resistent against LEARNING that GO4-crap gets worse and worse ? Sometimes a step back solves all problems ....................
2017-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules