How to access Mavic data via micro USB port ???
2334 4 2017-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

I've just spent a frustrating hour searching through the Mavic manual, the DJI website, and my quad trying to figure out how to access flight data via the micro USB port on the left side of my aircraft.  I'm trying to connect it to my Mac computer.

When the original simple connection did not show the quad the normal way on the computer (under "devices") I downloaded DJI assistant (and some associated app that starts with HoRN . . ., but the instructions for that app seem to be for an Android phone).  Regardless, when I connect my quad to my Mac via that micro USB port, I cannot find anything that gives me access to the quad's data.  I've tried with the quad both turned on and turned off.

Please - pretty please - if you know how to do this - HELP ! ! ! !
;)

Bob

2017-9-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Bob, I am sorry to tell that the latest version of DJI Assistant 2 doesn't support to export data from Mavic at the moment. May I know the reason you want to export them out? At present, you might need to bring the drone to the retailer for assistance. Appreciate your understanding.
2017-9-7
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-7 19:34
Hi Bob, I am sorry to tell that the latest version of DJI Assistant 2 doesn't support to export data from Mavic at the moment. May I know the reason you want to export them out? At present, you might need to bring the drone to the retailer for assistance. Appreciate your understanding.

I thought I'd read that more recorded information could be gained using that method.  If the USB port is not useable, what method should I use to get whatever information is recorded?  I know how to remove the memory card and access all my photos and movies, but what other useful information is saved by the Mavic and how can I get to it?
Thanks in advance for your help.
2017-9-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2017-9-7 20:01
I thought I'd read that more recorded information could be gained using that method.  If the USB port is not useable, what method should I use to get whatever information is recorded?  I know how to remove the memory card and access all my photos and movies, but what other useful information is saved by the Mavic and how can I get to it?
Thanks in advance for your help.

The flight data on the drone are .dat files, users might grab it but can not read it. As for the present, you can not access the data on the drone, but you can still read the data of flight records. Our engineers are also working on the DJI Assistant 2, and if you have a need, please contact our support to analyze the data. Appreciate your understanding.
2017-9-7
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

I hope a new version of the Assistant comes out soon . I extract log files after each flight for future reference along with videos, cached video and logs from the phone (and already once had use for the extracted logs dating back a few flights). This has become a post-flight routine,
Btw, in Norway, if you fly commercially, you are required to retain all flight logs, so for those doing more than hobby flights, the current bug in the firmware/Assistant is a reason for grounding.
2017-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules