Compass Problems after updating to firmware v1.9.02
589 3 2017-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RCarlson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 191900 ft
United States

Ever since I upgraded to the newest firmware v1.9.02 I have been having to recalibrate my compass every time I go flying.  It didn't do this on the previous firmware.  Once I recalibrate and fly I start getting Compass errors in the app.  It seems like the newest firmware isn't stable.  I may look into downgrading to the older firmware if possible.

Website firmware says v01.09.0200
App/Controller says v1.9.20
2017-9-23
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

What compass errors are showing up? What place is your flight area? ..and what app version on what os is it?
2017-9-24
Use props
RCarlson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 191900 ft
United States

The red bar on the top taskbar stating Compass Error, Exit P-GPS Mode.  I have to also recalibrate the compass just about everytime also, where I didn't have to before.   Just about anywhere I go flying open field or in my neighborhood.  iOS App version 3.1.15
2017-9-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

RCarlson Posted at 2017-9-24 18:09
The red bar on the top taskbar stating Compass Error, Exit P-GPS Mode.  I have to also recalibrate the compass just about everytime also, where I didn't have to before.   Just about anywhere I go flying open field or in my neighborhood.  iOS App version 3.1.15

A warning of a compass error is not telling you to calibrate your compass, it is telling you there is something wrong with where you are taking off from. Perform a compass calibration in an area where there is nothing but grass. No concrete or metal of any kind. Then leave it. If you still get a compass error, look at where you place the aircraft before taking off, becuase the error is telling you there is something wrong with that take off area.
2017-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules