updating
768 12 2017-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sSunSets
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

I give up.....  I'v been trying to update firmware all day on dji return repair. I'v been reading and listening to dji totorials the same. As simple as it is Why is it so hard to find info just to connect my controller to the craft....  [red light turning green on craft] it won't go green. I think thats the problem why I can't restore or update firmware on this craft. I enter my stuff on the app and go to camera mode....  no firmware update messages....  disgusted in NY

2017-9-27
Use props
Epicdoom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 340620 ft
United States

are you trying to link your controller to the AC brother ? is that the issue besides firmware ?
2017-9-27
Use props
sSunSets
lvl.4
United States

yes...   I want the red push button light under craft to go green to show connection besides wifi.  think i need that before firmware upgrades
2017-9-27
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

I would have just flown it first To see how everything was.  Why did you want to update right after DJI had fixed whatever?
2017-9-27
Use props
Epicdoom
lvl.4
United States

I had a hard time linking my drone had to use the wheel down S2 switch cycle method to get it linked up and it took me three try's to get it done. wouldn't work at all going through the App method  
Another user had a problem where he had the LED inside his drone,but there was no switch do you feel the switch click when you press the link button on the AC ?
2017-9-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Just to verify, what's the current aircraft and controller firmware? Do you have any issue in the current version?
2017-9-27
Use props
sSunSets
lvl.4
United States

Well, The serial number on craft is different than the one sent back. They also kept my modified dji device controller, but sent back the device metal holder. With what looks like a new controller. With no explaination of work done or what units were swapped out. What board is it, Your right  maybe...  I could have probably launched it out of the box. I wanted to be sure I had latest software. Good pre-flight practice.
Anyways I did get a green light connection finally. They do say "If the connection fails, Try again" but 15 to 20 times.... huh!  Oh.... The gimbal is kinda buzzin now too. lol   ....
2017-9-28
Use props
Epicdoom
lvl.4
United States

sSunSets Posted at 2017-9-28 13:21
Well, The serial number on craft is different than the one sent back. They also kept my modified dji device controller, but sent back the device metal holder. With what looks like a new controller. With no explaination of work done or what units were swapped out. What board is it, Your right  maybe...  I could have probably launched it out of the box. I wanted to be sure I had latest software. Good pre-flight practice.
Anyways I did get a green light connection finally. They do say "If the connection fails, Try again" but 15 to 20 times.... huh!  Oh.... The gimbal is kinda buzzin now too. lol   ....

took me a bit to link also brother its crazy because I've lent my controller out several times because a friend wanted to use my argtek system on his drone sometimes it links on one try sometimes 3 but it will never link through the app I always have to do it with the Gimbal  wheel and S2 switch
2017-9-28
Use props
sSunSets
lvl.4
United States

Well, I was trying to D/L a fresh start firmware for the bird. Even tried a zip file to my sd card. I still don't know version number or how to get it. Then couldn't get the S2, down dial to beep, after many tries...it's all good i guess... got a nice flight earlier. Thank You, Al
2017-9-28
Use props
Epicdoom
lvl.4
United States

sSunSets Posted at 2017-9-28 15:33
Well, I was trying to D/L a fresh start firmware for the bird. Even tried a zip file to my sd card. I still don't know version number or how to get it. Then couldn't get the S2, down dial to beep, after many tries...it's all good i guess... got a nice flight earlier. Thank You, Al

happy you got it flying Brother when you go into your dji go app next time go to the drone icon in the top left of the app find the three dots ... click it scroll down to about click about a window will open and you will see app , version and flight controller SN the first one APP is the app version you have the second one that says VERSION is your firmware version that's installed in the AC for the standard it should be  1.9.20 if its the latest version
2017-9-28
Use props
sSunSets
lvl.4
United States

Thanks Epicdoom.... Very helpful with app verion. But where's the firmware version?
2017-9-29
Use props
sSunSets
lvl.4
United States

OK... Thanks EpicDoom, Got it, app is 3.1.11, Firmware is 1.9.20+  then controller number. The system had to be on to get the firmware and controller. I don't believe it's the most current app version, but I'm keeping that one for now. Worked well yesterday and I read of people having troubles with with newer app versions. Thanks again friend.
2017-9-29
Use props
Epicdoom
lvl.4
United States

sSunSets Posted at 2017-9-29 13:35
OK... Thanks EpicDoom, Got it, app is 3.1.11, Firmware is 1.9.20+  then controller number. The system had to be on to get the firmware and controller. I don't believe it's the most current app version, but I'm keeping that one for now. Worked well yesterday and I read of people having troubles with with newer app versions. Thanks again friend.

your very welcome   3.1.11 is the app version I have as well and it works very well for me Brother. I leave my phones WIFI on and have all my apps set to auto update so I think that 3.1.11 is the current version for android users. If she's flying good I wouldn't do anything but fly it Brother.  
2017-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules