1553 6 2015-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
david.p.mann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

I tried calling the DJI North America Service Line (+1 818-235-0789) twice today and was unsuccessful in getting through both times.  This was very frustrating.  The first time I called at 10 am Pacific Time.  I was initially 29th in line with a wait time of 42 minutes.  After holding for 15 minutes, I was told the wait time was now over an hour.  I gave up and decided to try again later in the day. I'm sure Mondays are very busy days for customer service at any company.

I next called at 2:35 pm Pacific Time.  I was initially 15th in line with an estimated wait time of 20 minutes.  Over the next 20 minutes my position in line got lower and lower every minute or so, until at 3:00 pm Pacific Time I was now 2nd in line with a 1 minute wait.  Then things got very frustrating.  As each minute ticked by, I was told I was 2nd in line, but my wait time kept increasing by one minute with every new announcement of the recorded message, until at 3:15 pm Pacific Time, I was still 2nd in line, but now my wait time was 15 minutes.

Did all the service people answering the phones go on break or to a group meeting, leaving customers hanging on the line?  If so, that is very bad practice and poor customer service.  To get down to 2nd in line from 15th in line in 20 minutes, but then to get stuck at 2nd in line for 20 minutes was ridiculous and very aggravating.  
2015-4-6
Use props
david.p.mann
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

To clarify, I had selected the Repair Inquiry option in both cases from the main support line option menu.
2015-4-6
Use props
jhogge
lvl.2

United States

Let me save you some further frustration. You can wait hours and once they answer if you are looking for a repair for an Inspire 1 they will tell you to hang up, call again, and choose the option for the Inspire 1 instead of the option for "repair".

They will not transfer your call.

next piece of advice. If you do not want to wait on hold all day long call them at 9AM EXACTLY and you will get in.. otherwise.. read a book while you wait on hold for hours on end..
2015-4-7
Use props
david.p.mann
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

jhogge Posted at 2015-4-8 05:36
Let me save you some further frustration. You can wait hours and once they answer if you are looking ...

Unfortunately, I didn't get your comment in time, and I did select the "Repair option for ALL DJI products" waited 55 minutes through a 21-caller queue only to be told I needed to call back and choose option 1 for all Inspire inquiries, which may have made sense, if option 2 hadn't been called "Technical inquiries for all other DJI Products", from which I inferred, incorrectly, that Option 1 was only for technical inquiries for the Inspire 1, and Option 3 hadn't been called "Repairs of ALL DJI products."  The DJI service rep was very polite and apologetic, but it was still EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING.  But after mumbling some uncomplimentary comments to myself, I picked up the phone and called again this time selecting Option 1. It was 3 pm Mountain time, and it took about 35 minutes to work through a 18-caller queue.  I got my RMA return authorization by email about 20 minutes after the service rep entered all my info into their service database.
2015-4-8
Use props
david.p.mann
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI - to eliminate confusion and frustration, please rename Option 1 on your USA North America service phone line main menu "Inquiries of all kinds for the DJI Inspire and Ronin, including repair requests" and rename Option 3 "Repair inquiries for all DJI products other than Inspire and Ronin."
2015-4-8
Use props
jhogge
lvl.2

United States

The worst thing is that this phone system has had this problem for MONTHS on end and they do absolutely NOTHING to fix it.

How long can it possibly take to reprogram the phone options? 5 minutes?

But once again they have your money already and recently valued their public offering at 10 $billion. Amazing success considering how little they value customer service.
2015-4-17
Use props
markwiss.hotmai
lvl.2
United States

According to my smartphone, I called at EXACTLY 9AM PST and was 11th in line.  From these comments, I guess that's not too bad.
2015-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules