3244 5 2017-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Porktree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
  • >>>
United States

Any word on when we'll get this update for iOS? As I understand it, it will cut off internet access, and stop flight information from being uploaded to DJI.  A nice side benefit is that with this on it will not be able to check location against no fly zones; so it's up to the pilot to determine location viability.  Seems like a handy addition if you're in a gray area.
2017-10-2
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

By update, are you referring to updates from DJI or your mobile device? Dates of firmware release are not really provided. You would see that in the settings area of your mobile device.
2017-10-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Your flight information isn't uploaded to DJI.
But if you are paranoid you can always put your phone or tablet in airplane mode anyway.
The NFZ system works without any internet connection already.
2017-10-2
Use props
Epicdoom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 340620 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-10-2 12:59
Your flight information isn't uploaded to DJI.
But if you are paranoid you can always put your phone or tablet in airplane mode anyway.
The NFZ system works without any internet connection already.

that's my understanding as well GPS will determine if your flying or grounded. Its not as difficult as some might think to get permission to fly some NFZs you call in give flight info like location time you'll be there and alt. I'm right on the fringe of a small airpark, but I don't fly into it as there is nothing I'm interested in seeing there, but because I put the drone up on the fringe I call and ask permission and I'm always granted other more restrictive NFZ's can be unlocked if I remember correctly through a code from DJI
2017-10-2
Use props
Porktree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-2 12:34
By update, are you referring to updates from DJI or your mobile device? Dates of firmware release are not really provided. You would see that in the settings area of your mobile device.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/08/15/dji-drones-local-data-mode/

https://www.mynewsdesk.com/uk/dj ... ta-transfer-2107376

This is what I'm referencing.  I assume it's an update to the DJI app.  
2017-10-3
Use props
Chatikib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 821821 ft
Netherlands

They develop it for enterprise customers, including public and private organizations. Not for consumers.
2017-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules