587 3 2017-10-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Okay, I have never had the Go 4 App crash using the iOS devices with any of my drones until yesterday. I was flying my Mavic Pro at the local flying field about 4500 feet away  with 80% battery, over the nearby lake and the Go 4 App crashed. I managed to get my Mavic back without any issues   .  Just wanted to say it happened and see if anyone else has had any troubles? I am using the iPhone 8 Plus on iOS 11.03 with everything up to date (( See screenshot))  My goggles were still connected to the Mavic when this happened. Once I got back to my location, I shut down the goggles and rebooted the Go 4 App. The Go 4 App still didn't connect to the drone while it was hovering in front of me. Tried again and it finally reconnected. Both the Go 4 App and goggles were connected and no more issues for the rest of the battery.

Decided to take it home to check everything out, but couldn't find any problems. Flew it today with the same setup for 1 battery, everything worked as it should (no problems).

I am also posting the screenshot of the flight record map screenshot showing the location of the Mavic when the Go 4 App crashed.

Feel free to comment and share your experiences, I hope this was a fluke case!  As my Mavic has always worked great for me

Rich  

IMG_9381.PNG IMG_9395.PNG

2017-10-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Rich, according to your description, it looks like an occasional issue. If the same issue appears, hover the drone, re-plug the cable and restart DJI GO to check again.
2017-10-22
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-22 22:23
Rich, according to your description, it looks like an occasional issue. If the same issue appears, hover the drone, re-plug the cable and restart DJI GO to check again.

Hi Susan,
You are correct this has only happened to me once.  3 more flights since  and has not come up again. Thank you for the suggestions, as I only thought of restarting the DJI Go 4 app at the time.  

My only question is would the flight record be lost when the App locks up?  The weird thing is then this happened to me, everything in the App resumed like nothing happened, even the video was still running ...  

Thanks again
Rich
2017-10-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-10-23 12:41
Hi Susan,
You are correct this has only happened to me once.  3 more flights since  and has not come up again. Thank you for the suggestions, as I only thought of restarting the DJI Go 4 app at the time.  

Generally, the flight record will not interrupt as long as it can receive the OSD of Main Control. No worries.
2017-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules